Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 03:45 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
ok lets start with more rules a regulations on the AR15 =https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ngs/339519002/
The AR15 is one type of rifle architecture, what rules and regs do you propose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 03:59 AM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Let's see... You want me to give up my guns, but you will give criminals a free pass in the criminal justice system since often those gun violations are dropped by the courts.

I have an ideal... Why don't we hold criminals accountable for their crimes and lock them up?

I know that this is a new concept, but something tells me that this will reduce violent crime more than banning an AR15.

On a sidenote. To all the Fudds who sold out the Modern Sporting Rifle crowd... Now they're coming after YOUR scoped finely tuned bolt action "sniper rifles." We told you this, but you didn't listen and you're next if they win on the AR15 issue.

Oh!! You think it will never happen? In my State, both Ruger's 10/22 (.22 L/R) and the Mini-14 (.223/300 BO/7.62x39mm) are NOW "assault gun."

If every single responsible gun owners do not make a solid stand now and we end up loosing our AR15s and Sniper Rifles do you know what is next? Our evil "Trench Gun," I mean our shotguns. The anti gun crowd will not stop till every single 1911 and even our six shot revolvers, like the S&W Model 10's, 19's and 36's. are made illegal.
Maryland already tried to come after evil Trench Guns. Within a few days of effectively banning AR platforms a few years ago a Delegate introduced legislation to apply the same restrictions to semiauto and pump shotguns. The bill hasn't made it out of Committee yet but, being Maryland, the Legislature will get tired of dealing with it and eventually it will be passed.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:21 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
The "hilarious" thing is that the .22, for those not in the know, is a pretty perfect "sniper" rifle because its low recoil means that the target lock isn't broken on each shot, unlike with the -15.

For those who want to regulate me down to a .22, that I can maintain my marksmanship skills with that, it has all the perfection that the -15 doesn't, all the lethality that they would want to get rid of them.

Of course, this is assuming that we trust them..........................WHICH MOST OF US DON'T!
"For those who want to regulate me down to a .22", NY says ALL semi-auto, which would include your .22 and my .22 mag..

Old 08-26-2019, 05:38 AM

58,992 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
For us people lacking the minutia of gun terminology why dont you set us straight on what a sniper rifle and an assault weapon is. And while you are at it whats your solution to Americas gun violence?
My understanding of the phrase assault weapon =https://www.journal-news.com/news/national/assault-weapon-assault-rifle-what-the-difference/LPXLAj8ZcHkPn2rLn3bOGK/#targetText=What's%20called%20an%20assault%20weapo n,of%20this%20type%20of%20weapon.
Don't know anything about the author. Do NOT trust ANY news site.

" on what a sniper rifle" has been explained numerous times. ANY rifle you use to "snipe" with, which would include 99% of ALL rifles, can be called a "sniper" rifle.

"assault weapon" is a made up word by a journalist looking to EXAGGERATE an indecent.

"And while you are at it whats your solution to Americas gun violence?"

I will ask you the same question I ask a lot if gun grabbers, and NEVER get a response. Are you concerned with the number of deaths in our country or ONLY gun deaths?

My response to solutions has been posted MULTIPLE TIMES. look me up.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:56 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
So you would make the 22 rifle that I have used for rabbit hunting since 1956 illegal? It is semi auto and so fires one shot per trigger pull just like an AR 15.
The state of Washington officially defined that as an assault weapon in a law passed within the last year.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:56 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,969,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
........Oh!! You think it will never happen? In my State, both Ruger's 10/22 (.22 L/R) and the Mini-14 (.223/300 BO/7.62x39mm) are NOW "assault gun."
Hmmmmm, when assault gun is said, I think of these things:
http://russian-tanks.com/img/7_7.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"For those who want to regulate me down to a .22", NY says ALL semi-auto, which would include your .22 and my .22 mag..

As I said, I don't trust them. They don't want to do for whatever reason they say, they want to disarm us, completely.

Old 08-26-2019, 06:23 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,871 times
Quote:
ok lets start with more rules a regulations on the AR15 =https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ngs/339519002/
More regulations like what? More stringent background checks? The next step is NFA (National Firearms Act) level which is reserved for full auto, suppressors, short barreled rifles, etc. What do you do with the ones in circulation?

As mentioned earlier, ARs are one of many types of rifles. What makes it special? Would you include these?

Old 08-26-2019, 07:02 AM

29,447 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, you are right. Next they will be saying BB guns are on the hit list.

Gun nuts need to get this through their heads, NO ONE cares about shotguns, rifles, or pistols, those are always going to be a part of sensible gun ownership. MILITARY TYPE ASSAULT WEAPONS make no sense whatsoever, and should never be in the hands of anyone except the military and law enforcement.

Just like I do not need a tank to protect myself, neither do I need a weapon that was designed to wipe out as many people as possible in as short a period of time as possible. This gun ownership and open carry situation has gotten way out of hand and needs fixed.

When mass murder events start to become an everyday occurrence in this country, something has got to change.

Which part don't you understand ? These types of firearms are already highly restricted and very expensive. You have to get over the fact that an AR15 is no different than a Remington 750 Woodsmaster.
There is nothing wrong with firearms ownership in this country, what is wrong is too many people are willing to kill another. How they do it , is irrelevant.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:09 AM

50,249 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Maryland already tried to come after evil Trench Guns. Within a few days of effectively banning AR platforms a few years ago a Delegate introduced legislation to apply the same restrictions to semiauto and pump shotguns. The bill hasn't made it out of Committee yet but, being Maryland, the Legislature will get tired of dealing with it and eventually it will be passed.
Effictively banning....like CA did? Which means symbolism at it's worst. You can still buy whatever you want. Yet the left thinks they "did something" which was nothing.

Old 08-26-2019, 07:26 AM

29,447 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Gee -- what would I use a sniper rifle for? Oh -- never mind.

Gee, if one wants to kill someone from a long distance, wouldn't any rifle then become a sniper rifle ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies