Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2019, 01:16 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times

Advertisements

Lots of money to be made making sure that “hope and change” is nothing more than an empty slogan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 10:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Lots of money to be made making sure that “hope and change” is nothing more than an empty slogan.
The Republicans, namely Mitch McConnell, obstructed virtually everything Obama tried to accomplish. He was able to get the Affordable Care Act passed, which many citizens love, and after that it was all obstruction by the Republicans.

Republicans in Washington only care about saving their seats. They don’t give a darn about the citizens of this country or the fate of our nation.

Old 12-15-2019, 06:59 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The Republicans, namely Mitch McConnell, obstructed virtually everything Obama tried to accomplish. He was able to get the Affordable Care Act passed, which many citizens love, and after that it was all obstruction by the Republicans.

Republicans in Washington only care about saving their seats. They don’t give a darn about the citizens of this country or the fate of our nation.
Most of what Obama tried to accomplish should have been opposed. There were significant philosophical differences. Currently you have Democrats opposed to Trump's ideas but somehow I get the feeling that you are ok with that!

If you think Dems aren't concerned about their seats and actually care about the citizens you are quite naive!

Old 12-15-2019, 07:06 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Couldn't be happier for him. Martha's Vineyard is beautiful.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Most of what Obama tried to accomplish should have been opposed. There were significant philosophical differences. Currently you have Democrats opposed to Trump's ideas but somehow I get the feeling that you are ok with that!

If you think Dems aren't concerned about their seats and actually care about the citizens you are quite naive!
It is hard for the voting public comprised of USA citizens to discern the philosophical differences. Both sides are so tainted by partisanship there is never any discussion of the pros and cons of purposed legislation anymore. What there is never discussed in the media because they provide what their patrons want, Dancing With the Stars.

IMO, the ACA made sense. Given that hospital emergency rooms have to deal with anybody who walks in the door, we already pay for care, even illegals. The coverage of preexisting conditions was needed. The ACA needs fixing not destruction.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Trump is the ONLY politician in my lifetime, that has lost wealth while in office.

Old 12-15-2019, 07:54 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
He didn't build that! Is there a 'UGE wall around it? I was wondering what hapened to all of that stimulus cash.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump is the ONLY politician in my lifetime, that has lost wealth while in office.
HAHAHAHA! You have got to be kidding!

#1 - Trump Never shows any financial documents.. So there is no possible way you know that. Sure, he says that at his rallies, but he lies constantly at those shindigs, as we all know!

#2 - He promotes his hotels, golf clubs, and resorts constantly. Every time he stays at one of his properties, the Secret Service and many other government employees are also staying there, at taxpayer expense.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:23 PM

838 posts, read 565,590 times
Honestly **** like this is infuriating to me, No leader or former leader should live this extravagantly while their people starve.
I'm not saying they don't have a right to live a nice lifestyle but when you're dropping millions a year and buying money-pit mansions etc. its ridiculous to me how no one seems to be diving into how they managed to afford this.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post

Trump doesn’t have ideas. He has impulses. He makes decisions without any knowledgeable advice. I sure don’t consider Fox and Friends as people who have the best for our country at heart, and he seems to love their point of view.

Of course the Democrats are concerned with keeping their seats! They have proposed many bills, which all sit on McConnell’s desk. The “Grim Reaper” only thinks of himself and cares not one whit about the USA. The Dems do care about the country. It is the Repubs who have vowed their souls to Trump and will do anything, and I mean anything to keep in Trump’s good graces, because they are afraid of his tweets.

Trump’s idea of governing is removing every single act Obama did. Trump only comes up with wacky ideas, like the Space Force—what a joke. I am OK with Trump’s ideas being ignored. He is the worst president we have ever had. I’ll take Nixon, GW Bush, any of the others over Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies