Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you support Biden's 'smart gun' proposal?
yes, let's move ahead with this James Bond-style tech that is already available 8 12.50%
let's hold off with any mandate, but maybe sometime in the future. 1 1.56%
no. 52 81.25%
other (please explain below). 3 4.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 05:57 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
Please explain how the technology works, I'm all ears.
The beauty is when a criminal kills you with his sawed off 12ga you get a full refund if your piece doesn't work......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2019, 05:57 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Well, maybe Joe will chime in here on CD, and explain to all of us how a firearm can take a DNA sample, then process it for a match, and do all of this instantly.
See the link in post #1. The technology is there. It's from a right wing source, no less.

It reads your DNA the second you put your finger on the trigger. If there's no match, the weapon will not fire.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
See the link in post #1. The technology is there. It's from a right wing source, no less.

It reads your DNA the second you put your finger on the trigger. If there's no match, the weapon will not fire.
So, does Biden's security detail use the technology? No? Then it's more do as I say and not as I do rhetoric from creepy Joe.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:04 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
It's called biometrics

Old 08-22-2019, 06:06 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:

I just read the story you linked to, there was nothing about a DNA firearm, other than the claim by Biden.

I have never heard of a "DNA" firearm, and I highly doubt that such technology exists.

Old 08-22-2019, 06:12 PM

732 posts, read 391,034 times
Quote:
BS.

You can make a better argument for a physical key that unlocks a guns for a period of time, assuming that theft is the big issue here.

None of this has a thing to do with white guy mass shooters though, it would be a rarity to find one with a stolen gun.

Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
I would add that Joe Biden is not some novice here. He's an expert when it comes to guns. He's a longtime shotgun aficionado who owns a 'Beretta' and trained his wife how to shoot for home protection.
I would not trust Biden with a BB gun.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:27 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
500 million firearms out already. This is hilarious. Hilarious. It would take about a thousand years to phase out old stock. My phone has never locked up. When you need your gun it has "updates" and auto reboots just like phones and computers today. Can't hack them. Hilarious.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:31 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Joe Biden, as I have often posted in the elections section. But I have to admit that of all the contenders, he has the best approach when it comes to gun violence prevention. He's always been excellent on guns. The 1994 assault weapon ban was actually his brainchild. But now, in contrast to the others, he's moving ahead with a fresh approach: mandate that all guns be "smart" guns.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...out-dna-match/

The smart gun is a gun that can be fired only by its owner. The gun WILL NOT shoot unless a fingerprint and DNA match is confirmed. Biden notes that we already have the technology.

This would virtually eliminate black-on-black gang violence, which conservatives so often bemoan. Most gang weapons are either stolen, or obtained via 'straw' purchase. The gang members would no longer be able to shoot such guns under Biden's plan. A key would be to require that police agencies, who have often been resistant in the past, to adopt the smart guns. Many cops are killed with their own guns; this would put an end to that. What do you think?
Be my guest and buy a gun that needs batteries to work. The rest of us will pass.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:33 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times
Quote:

There's a sensor on the trigger, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies