Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2019, 07:59 AM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

So I guess the statistics on how well the good physical barriers have been working already is just a farce? In the places they have been erected already they have been 80-90% effective in deterring illegal entry. That's not good enough? It has to work 100% of the time? WTH?

It isn't just jobs that bring them here either. Birthright citizenship and the benefits for their kids that they get through them are also a magnet. Criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs either, thus the wall. How stupid can one get?

It's never been proven that Trump "knowingly" had those under him who did the hiring were hiring illegal aliens either. So we can put that lie to rest right now! He uses e-verify on all of his properties now and those illegal aliens that were discovered were fired. They had use fake or stolen documents to work. I wish the liberal left in here would stop repeating the same old lies and nonsense in here day after day in spite of the facts that have been presented to them. Must be a mental disorder or they just hate Trump so much that they feel the need to lie all the time.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:00 AM

11,931 posts, read 6,520,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
If you come to Seattle all of the low income housing apartment complexes.. are predominantly Hispanic. I'm sure most of them are undocumented. Meanwhile Seattle has the third highest homeless population in America. It is very true that liberals put illegal aliens before American citizens. Why...I have no clue. This seems to be the national trend for liberals. It's very sad. Especially in the case of homeless veterans. Shame on liberals for doing this all across the country. It just tells me that liberals don't give a hoot about American citizens at all.
I’m starting to suspect the business community that hires these illegals, maybe even the Chamber of Commerce is greasing palms somewhere with the Public Housing Commissioner......

Old 08-23-2019, 08:03 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
But that's where many of the illegals are - in cities like NYC, LA, San Francisco. You don't find nearly as many in cheaper, fly-over America. They come to these cities because there are already existing communities of their people, and there are favorable laws in place preventing them from being deported as well as many social services they can use.
There are no laws protecting otherwise law abiding, undocumented people from living anywhere.

Illegals from all over the world come and stay because employers hire them and do so without serious consequences.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:05 AM

11,931 posts, read 6,520,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I’m a middle-class American citizen who has been paying taxes for the past 25yrs. I almost wish I were an immigrant who were here illegally. I’d get free/affordable housing, free food, free healthcare, free education, etc...

The left incentivizes illegals to continue to enter our country. It’s a free ride once they make it across the border.
The challenge is to convince and educate democrat voters of this. Their media, their education system, their social media and movie industry refuses to tell the truth on all this, so they don’t get it when they go to vote.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:12 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So I guess the statistics on how well the good physical barriers have been working already is just a farce? In the places they have been erected already they have been 80-90% effective in deterring illegal entry. That's not good enough? It has to work 100% of the time? WTH?

It isn't just jobs that bring them here either. Birthright citizenship and the benefits for their kids that they get through them are also a magnet. Criminals and terrorists aren't looking for jobs either, thus the wall. How stupid can one get?

It's never been proven that Trump "knowingly" had those under him who did the hiring were hiring illegal aliens either. So we can put that lie to rest right now! He uses e-verify on all of his properties now and those illegal aliens that were discovered were fired. They had use fake or stolen documents to work. I wish the liberal left in here would stop repeating the same old lies and nonsense in here day after day in spite of the facts that have been presented to them. Must be a mental disorder or they just hate Trump so much that they feel the need to lie all the time.
Can’t imagine Trump personally knew. The documents used by the illegal employees were obvious fakes. That their identities were intentionally withheld from the FBI for vetting purposes demonstrates an institutional intent to avoid detection.

Had Trump Org used eVerify as Trump claimed it did, it would not have hired them.

They won’t make that mistake again.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:18 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,149 times
As a city resident, I'm not surprised by any of this. De Blasio is a deep far left nutcase. He and Governor Cuomo try to out leftnut wing each other every month and take the city and state back further and further.

De blasio (or De Bozo as we call him) is that same clown who repeats: "There's plenty of money out there, it's just in the WRONG hands"

But not too long ago, Cuomo signed off on the exclusier college scholarship program--making illegals eligible for the grants, while tax paying citizens and local nyers who's children don't qualify have to pay the freight. Quite sickening.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:27 PM
nng

695 posts, read 287,955 times
Seems like democrats prefer illegals more than American citizens you know, I really dislike the extremism in both the republicans and democrat parties. The extremists republicans with their obsession with banning abortion, and the democrats with their constant pandering to illegals. You know, I do appreciate the illegals who work and just want a better life for themselves, but honestly, the democrat party is willing to benefit the illegals at americans' expense. I mean, I am afraid that one day the whole USA will end up like California, and us English speaking Americans will be forced to learn Spanish or be out of a job!!

Old 08-23-2019, 02:31 PM

3,062 posts, read 1,525,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
Seems like democrats prefer illegals more than American citizens you know, I really dislike the extremism in both the republicans and democrat parties. The extremists republicans with their obsession with banning abortion, and the democrats with their constant pandering to illegals. You know, I do appreciate the illegals who work and just want a better life for themselves, but honestly, the democrat party is willing to benefit the illegals at americans' expense. I mean, I am afraid that one day the whole USA will end up like California, and us English speaking Americans will be forced to learn Spanish or be out of a job!!
Its all about getting the votes.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:34 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,106,301 times
Five pages of MAGAs defending welfare handouts for deadbeats, as long as they're Americans.

Look in the mirror and Karl Marx looks right back at you.

Old 08-23-2019, 02:35 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,106,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
I agree! We should not have ANY illegal aliens in govt subsidized housing. Our citizens need to come first.
Why should “our” citizens get welfare handouts?

All taxation is theft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.