Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2019, 06:43 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,097,636 times

Advertisements

Not withstanding that he may have given to some worthwhile causes, David Koch has given huge amounts of money to encourage the most destructive, anti-democratic and divisive impulses of the country. So I am not sad to see him go. But I am under no illusion that his death will dry up his efforts. I'm sure he planned for those to continue, one way or another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2019, 06:48 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Maybe Soros will be next.
I was thinking the same thing.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
... These rich commie scum bags ...

Well, there's an oxymoron ...

Old 09-12-2019, 08:03 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I think
You don't know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
... Koch was pro abortion and pro open borders and supported the 'tech' companies censoring conservatives.

I think this shows how much liberals hate people who support lower taxes if they are celebrating the death of a person who was on their side on most issues except taxation.
Looks like you are confused, and you make up stuff to fill in the blanks.

First of all you need to understand what a Libertarian is ideologically. That would explain why the Kochs take certain positions.

Secondly, neither the Koch brothers nor 'liberals' are for open borders. You are a captive of your own imagination, and you project that out into the world to help you understand it.

The Koch family (the brothers, and before them the father) are in the petrochemical industry in a very big way.

For that reason they used their influence to turn the Republican party away from climate concern to climate change deniers. They primaried Republicans who were alarmed about climate change. In other words, they exploited the Tea Party movement (which was primarily concerned with taxes and a balanced budget) to advance their business agenda protecting their fossil fuel interests from regulation and competition.

This is the problem of big dark money in politics.

Interesting to note that while they supported the Tea Party movement, they also supported an Hispanic Republican outreach. The two groups contradicted one another on immigration policy (telling each group something different), but that was not a concern of the Koch brothers. They just needed the votes to protect their core business interests.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:12 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Wonder how much money he took with him? Seriously got to wonder why he didn’t enjoy the last years of his life. Obsessed with politics is no way to spend your last years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies