Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 03:54 AM

27,139 posts, read 13,429,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said the world’s reliance on the U.S. dollar as a reserve currency is too risky and proposed a new digital currency to replace it.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/23/bank...the-world.html

Now that's a new concept.

I don't think they have ever talked about the instability of the USA dollar before.

WOW.

This isn't something to happen in the short term....but it shows how other countries are changing views on the USA and its role in the world.
To be honest Carney should stop making his mouth go, he can do that when we finally get rid of him as Govenor of the Bank of England in January.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:26 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Every major State war since the Napoleonic Wars has been fought over markets and currency use in said markets.

Maybe it's time to give this nonsense a rest, eh folks?

Old 08-24-2019, 12:20 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It took them until recently to figure that out? lol I guess America isn't the only place where a majority of the people are mindless bots.
In the past, many countries may not have LIKED what the USA does, but they knew that treaties were treaties, and the USA actually would honor them. That trust is gone. Everyone is aware that Trump will at some point not be the President, however, they look at the Senate licking Trump's shoes and behind, and say to themselves that they have no faith a Trump or a Senate that looks like it does now won't be elected again.

In other words, all the goodwill the USA built for 70 years after WW2, has eroded.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
In the past, many countries may not have LIKED what the USA does, but they knew that treaties were treaties, and the USA actually would honor them.
Based on what? Treaties are being broken now but not before? Show proof of this.
Ask the indigenous about treaties and how much they like America.

Quote:
That trust is gone. Everyone is aware that Trump will at some point not be the President, however, they look at the Senate licking Trump's shoes and behind, and say to themselves that they have no faith a Trump or a Senate that looks like it does now won't be elected again.

In other words, all the goodwill the USA built for 70 years after WW2, has eroded.
That's not true at all and you have no proof. So Iranians loved it when we helped over throw their country in 1953? Middle Easterners love it when we go in and murder innocents with drones when the facts say 90% of those killed are not the target. This was long before Trump.

Other nations have hated America for a long time and Trump had nothing to do with it. You lost, get over it and quit making things up. It's childish.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Based on what? Treaties are being broken now but not before? Show proof of this.
Ask the indigenous about treaties and how much they like America.

That's not true at all and you have no proof. So Iranians loved it when we helped over throw their country in 1953? Middle Easterners love it when we go in and murder innocents with drones when the facts say 90% of those killed are not the target. This was long before Trump.

Other nations have hated America for a long time and Trump had nothing to do with it. You lost, get over it and quit making things up. It's childish.
"I" didn't lose. Americans did.

I'm not an American.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:34 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Yup, and have been in 11 countries in the past year, anyone I met said they would never trust the USA again.
Do you really think anyone believes this crap? I mean...really???

Old 08-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
BS. Who was not holding up their end of the bargain in NAFTA?

HINT: Most of the dispute resolution cases were against the USA.
Have we exited NAFTA?

When did that happen????

Old 08-25-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do you really think anyone believes this crap? I mean...really???
So which don't you believe? That I've been in 11 countries, or that the people there do not trust the USA?

Old 08-25-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
BS. Who was not holding up their end of the bargain in NAFTA?

HINT: Most of the dispute resolution cases were against the USA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Have we exited NAFTA?

When did that happen????
What does your response have to do with the facts I outlined? It's like me asking "what color is the orange", and you answer, "the moon".

Try and keep up.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
So which don't you believe? That I've been in 11 countries, or that the people there do not trust the USA?
That you wasted your time touring other nations polling the local populace about whether or not they trust the US.

Believe it or not, I give you more credit than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies