Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 03:17 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It might and probably wouldn't hurt the community if just you moved to an homogenous community. But what happens when hundreds and thousands move there?

You misunderstand what I said. I've seen black and other non-white people drive miles away past supermarkets in diverse areas to the rare remaining white community's supermarket just so the supermarket will be diverse and not so white.
Why are you so concerned about where people shop? Are you stalking them? Mind your own business, for your own health.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:22 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
It's probably a matter of hierarchy.

Truth is, everyone has one.
Yeah, but the civil rights laws protect the right of people to use public accommodations without discrimination based on who they are. He can certainly have prejudices and any point of view, but he'd better not act on them which violates other peoples' civil rights.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:29 PM

732 posts, read 390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yeah, but the civil rights laws protect the right of people to use public accommodations without discrimination based on who they are. He can certainly have prejudices and any point of view, but he'd better not act on them which violates other peoples' civil rights.

Exactly.

The counter-move is to not have public accommodations. No parks, no zoos, no mass transit. That's why we can't have nice things. Basically, it's one of the raison d'etres for suburbia.

It's not dissimilar to to (I understand) the LVegas approach to homelessness. Put the homeless facilities in the outskirts, and don't provide transit.

Old 08-24-2019, 03:53 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Your two examples here probably won't go as viral compared to what the mayor in this story. Heck, if the mayor was a White man, it probably would go even more viral! Nevertheless, what a vile statement for her to say and this is coming from someone who has said many vile things!
Convicted felon Ray Nagin’s “chocolate city” were rather well known.

This older woman is not the mayor. She’s not even a councilwoman but a candidate in a small town.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:01 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Exactly.

The counter-move is to not have public accommodations. No parks, no zoos, no mass transit. That's why we can't have nice things. Basically, it's one of the raison d'etres for suburbia.

It's not dissimilar to to (I understand) the LVegas approach to homelessness. Put the homeless facilities in the outskirts, and don't provide transit.
It won't stop non-Whites who have the money to move into those suburbs. There is technically no legal way to keep non-Whites out. As long and so and so has the money, so and so will buy a home there.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The most expensive and sought-after cities in the world are the most diverse in their populations and cultural mixes. Since civilization began, such places have been magnets for an inflow of people. It is the fundamental quest for diversity that is the root of urban life. Sorry that your own existence is so plain and bleak. Maybe you need to get out and be around people more of the time?
I really do not understand where these posters live.

Quote:
Piece o' cake.

It's called a HOA.
You think an HOA will keep neighborhoods white?

Where do you people live? I live in an HOA neighbhood and it's very diverse. Full of educated people with good jobs; not limited to one skin color.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:22 PM

732 posts, read 390,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You think an HOA will keep neighborhoods white?

Where do you people live? I live in an HOA neighbhood and it's very diverse. Full of educated people with good jobs; not limited to one skin color.

Separation by income and separation by public habits. It's not perfect, but pretty effective I'd say.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:28 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Separation by income and separation by public habits. It's not perfect, but pretty effective I'd say.
Such things would keep members of the White underclass out. Here is the thing. What if a predominantly White area is not high income?

Old 08-24-2019, 04:29 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
If you cannot see what is wrong with that statement coming from a person holding a public office then I cannot help you. You are one of those minorities that I mentioned in my previous post.

Would you be fine if a Mayor had said "We should keep this city clean from Whites"?
Two words.......Coleman Young.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:37 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,510,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Old ladies? All races get old not just the white ones. If you are implying that whites are inferior to minorities in looks then what does that make you?
My point exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies