Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:37 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Pretty much. But that sort of thing is good for science -- studies needs to be based on reproducible results. The chart he produced, which omits the regional climate-variations of the little ice age and the medieval warm period, may well be valid. Hopefully this will drive more studies on a wider global scale of historical climate trends.
On what planet is hiding research data good for science ?????

Never mind.

Last edited by ncguy50; 08-25-2019 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Language too mean.

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
We've known for quite some time the data has been manipulated.

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Mann knows he faked the data. Producing it in discovery will expose his scam, so he took the hit on losing the lawsuit he himself filed against Dr. Tim Ball and will have to reimburse Dr. Ball for all legal costs and expenses Ball incurred defending himself against Mann's allegations.

Breaking News: Dr Tim Ball Defeats Michael Mann’s Climate Lawsuit
Mann is one of the dumbest people in this country and thin skinned if people disagree with his theories.

It looks like Mark Steyn beat Mann's defamation suit against him in the US if it ever goes to trial.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:44 AM

88,997 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Mann is one of the dumbest people in this country and thin skinned if people disagree with his theories.
It is pretty stupid to file a defamation lawsuit and then refuse to produce the data required to prove your case, even when ordered to do so by the court. What did Mann think would happen? Did he think the court would rule in his favor just because? Sheer idiocy.

Old 08-25-2019, 09:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
It is pretty stupid to file a defamation lawsuit and then refuse to produce the data required to prove your case, even when ordered to do so by the court. What did Mann think would happen? Did he think the court would rule in his favor just because? Sheer idiocy.
He was hoping for a judge with an agenda.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:02 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
Judge: You've been accused of fraud, Professor Mann. We are going to need your data to reconcile your findings.

Mann: Eh, my word is good and I'm sure I'm right. Just go with that.

Judge: It's impossible to rule in your favor without the data.

Mann: Yeah ...... No.

Judge: (Gavel slams) Decision for defendant, Dr. Ball. Next!

Bonus: Mann: So glad I won this case.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:04 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Bill Nye the idiot guy will be crying to his boyfriend about this.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:25 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
I genuinely believe this won't matter a bit to those who have bought into the CAGW/CACC scam. CAGW/CACC is their belief. It is their religion. It is the excuse they will tout out for their attempt to destroy the entire economies of most, if not all Western civilization nations, which they believe are driven by evil capitalism as they type their tweets and FB posts on their IPads and IPhones. It allows them to point their collective fingers at any who disagree, blaming "those" people for not caring, while secretly hiding the fact that they hate themselves for their own contribution to the supposed CAGW/CACC crisis. It allows them to proclaim to the world, "I care! Why don't you care?" as they live off all the largess and comfort that capitalism has provided them while at the same time screaming that others are evil for profiting from all that largess and comfort they themselves enjoy, demanding those people stop profiting and living a life of luxury while they project their own self-hatred upon others.

I honestly believe many/most of them don't even realize that they have been indoctrinated into this faith, this religion known as CAGW/CACC, and that is what saddens me the most because I am certain that they believe in this scam with all their hearts. I cannot come up with any other reason why they would fight so hard to push a narrative that science, facts, evidence, historical data and even email communications between scientists promoting CAGW/CACC leave anyone with an ounce of integrity and honesty to believe this has all been proven to be a huge scam. Yet they are the ever faithful. GOD bless them all.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:30 AM

18,433 posts, read 8,268,923 times
you would think.....Mann would have posted his data and methods on every billboard...on every highway in the country

...unless there was some reason he wanted to hide it

Old 08-25-2019, 11:22 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Mann knows he faked the data. Producing it in discovery will expose his scam, so he took the hit on losing the lawsuit he himself filed against Dr. Tim Ball and will have to reimburse Dr. Ball for all legal costs and expenses Ball incurred defending himself against Mann's allegations.

Breaking News: Dr Tim Ball Defeats Michael Mann’s Climate Lawsuit
Mann was nearly dismissed from the physics department of Penn State for his fraud, but was saved by the chancellor due to political pressure.

Just another scam artists trying to distort rational science for a political agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies