Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2019, 09:48 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

First of all, this is an unnamed source making claims with no evidence to back the claims.

Second, it seems you are the one having reading comprehension problems.

The source refutes the OP's claim that President Trump wants to nuke hurricanes.

From the OP's source

A source briefed on the NSC memo said it does not contain the word "nuclear"; it just says the president talked about bombing hurricanes.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-26-2019 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 09:56 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
What a great idea!

What could possibly go wrong?

Old 08-25-2019, 10:19 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
First of all, this is an unnamed source making claims with no evidence to back the claims.

The source refutes the OP's claim that President Trump wants to nuke hurricanes.

From the OP's source

A source briefed on the NSC memo said it does not contain the word "nuclear"; it just says the president talked about bombing hurricanes.
Well if Trump thinks "regular" bombs have ANY chance of even being noticed by a hurricane, then he's REALLY STUPID.
Is that what you're saying? That Trump is sooooooo dumb he thinks regular bombs would have an effect?

Ken

Old 08-25-2019, 10:34 PM

14,764 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Sure, if Windmills can cause cancer, then nuclear bombs can stop hurricanes.
What could go wrong?

Old 08-25-2019, 10:36 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well if Trump thinks "regular" bombs have ANY chance of even being noticed by a hurricane, then he's REALLY STUPID.
Is that what you're saying? That Trump is sooooooo dumb he thinks regular bombs would have an effect?

Ken
Anonymous source.

I doubt he said it unless he was being funny.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Anonymous source.

"Anonymous source" - is that like Trump's "people say" comments?
You don't seem to have any trouble believing any of that.

Ken

Old 08-25-2019, 10:41 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Anonymous source.

It is in a government document, it's in the notes from a meeting. Technically, the notes do not specify "nuclear" that was in previous meetings with not paper back up.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-25-2019, 10:49 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Is Trump just trying to troll the media at this point or is he REALLY this obtuse? As for anyone who condones this and rreasons for Trump if it isn't trolling, I don't know what to say anymore. Edit: when I claimed Trump controls the media, this type of comment is exactly what I mean by it. Every little thing he does gets traction. It's downright sickening and I'm done with it.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:06 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:

From the OP's source

OP's source discusses TWO different conversations. Here's the quote in regard to the first:

Behind the scenes: During one hurricane briefing at the White House, Trump said, "I got it. I got it. Why don't we nuke them?" according to one source who was there. "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they're moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can't we do that?" the source added, paraphrasing the president's remarks.

I think Trump is just looking for an excuse to nuke Puerto Rico since throwing packs of paper towels at them didn't work out.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:32 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Well, I for one feel so much better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies