Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 08:10 AM

88,598 posts, read 44,302,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
When they are ALL caught adjusting data to match their agenda they are ALL frauds.
Exactly. And they were caught not only once, but twice. Climategates I and II.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 08:14 AM

3,339 posts, read 1,253,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. And they were caught not only once, but twice. Climategates I and II.
The first so called climategate was more fake news from deniers. I remember that time, in 2009 when deniers got all excited because of the emails, then there was 10 different investigations (even Fox News reported there was no wrong doing!) into the matter which found no wrong doing....again, just more fraud from the denier crowd. These kinds of shenanigans happen over and over. It gets old.

Just put up the scientific evidence to back up your stance or.....at the very least, get out of the way. Even better is if Republicans came up with plans on how to tackle this issue instead of sticking their heads in the sand and criticizing every piece of legislation Democrats put forward.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:16 AM

88,598 posts, read 44,302,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The first so called climategate was more fake news from deniers.
"Hide the decline" wasn't fake. The IPCC "scientists" discussed at length via email how to manipulate the data.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:18 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,365,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why do you post such drivel? July was 1.1 degree Celsius over the 20th century average...We have only about one half a degree to go to get to the point of no return.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...net-is-facing/
1/2 A DEGREE UNTIL THE "POINT OF NO RETURN"

yet. the last 8 interglacial periods have been 10-15'f WARMER (73-75'f) than where we are today (~59/60'f)

Old 08-27-2019, 08:22 AM

13,418 posts, read 4,770,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It appears Greg Fishel was fired from WRAL due to some sort of mental breakdown.
Any link to that theory? Fishel said this on facebook:

"God is leading me in a new direction. For years i have stated that i trust God, but i wonder if that statement was more intellectually based than from the heart. Now i want to learn how to truly walk with God each day and trust Him to lead me in the direction i need to go"

Anyway, the guy could have all sorts of problems and it wouldn't make his statement about climate deniers any less true.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:23 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,456,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1/2 A DEGREE UNTIL THE "POINT OF NO RETURN"

yet. the last 8 interglacial periods have been 10-15'f WARMER (73-75'f) than where we are today (~59/60'f)
Isn't it funny how these unstoppable feedback loops have stopped time and again throughout earth's history.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:25 AM

16,942 posts, read 12,486,775 times
What I find funny.

"Deniers are self appointed experts with no expertise" then same person makes arguments with no expertise.

The truth is hopelessly buried in politics now. No way for an average person to know who is lying. Perhaps they all are.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,365,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
I believe you've commited a huge mistake by assuming nature is a "mother". You cannot just randomly assign gender to nature. That is very incorrect on your part.
actually that term goes way back to ancient Greece... and is still valid today

Old 08-27-2019, 08:28 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,456,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Any link to that theory? Fishel said this on facebook:

"God is leading me in a new direction. For years i have stated that i trust God, but i wonder if that statement was more intellectually based than from the heart. Now i want to learn how to truly walk with God each day and trust Him to lead me in the direction i need to go"

Anyway, the guy could have all sorts of problems and it wouldn't make his statement about climate deniers any less true.
Other than the fact only AGW fanatics don't believe in climate change.

Let's think about this: one group believes earth's climate changes, because ut has for billions of years, while the other group believes the climate is messed up because it's changing.

Now, who are the deniers? That's right, the deniers are those who believe the climate should stagnate now that rich people live right on the beach.

Old 08-27-2019, 08:32 AM

13,418 posts, read 4,770,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Me, I just ask simple questions.

Most times it seems that the warmer(s) to whom I'm posing the questions have never considered what I would think are the first and most fundamental questions to be asked.

For example, at present, to what degree of accuracy can we model current and past surface temperatures and to what degree of certainty can we be sure our speculation matches up to reality?

If the range of accuracy is within 1.71 degrees F, why are we having a conversation about warming that may or not really be happening?

Moreover, if we are claiming to be able to assess past temperatures to such a degree of accuracy, how do we know that we are correct?

If the real range of accuracy were 1.79 degrees F instead of 1.71 degrees F, or some other claimed range of accuracy, how could we know for sure?

Real science is testable.

Real science is measurable.

Real science is falsifiable.

CAGW is pseudoscience.
Well the whole point of this thread is what Greg Fishel said:

If you have evidence that temperature measurements are so inaccurate, and models so unreliable, that they would discredit AGW theory, then publish that in a peer-reviewed journal.

If you believe that CAGW is pseudoscience, please tell us what your credentials are for determining what is science and what is "pseudoscience", specifically as it relates to climate.

As Fishel said, put up or shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies