Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 10:20 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nevada-wo...medium=ios_app

No amount of money can make up for this..

Old 08-29-2019, 10:31 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Happens way too much. Too many get railroaded.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:33 AM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Nowhere near enough money for the crap that woman went through (and this doesn't even get into the 1/3 that will go to the lawyers and the taxes she has to pay on the money)

She better go underground quickly, though, as the vultures are about to come out in force to try to get some of that dough.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:34 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Happens way too much. Too many get railroaded.
...or put to death.

For this reason alone I have amended my thoughts on capital punishment.

Old 08-29-2019, 01:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
She clearly has always had mental/emotional problems, and my guess is "they" just found an easy target to pin the murder on.

I simply can't imagine what the past 35 years have been like for this poor soul. Prison was absolutely the worst place for her.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:39 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...or put to death.

You can resolve that by having the federal government create special circuit courts. They would be co-located with circuit (appeals) courts.

You would have a three-judge panel with special powers.

All death penalty cases would be automatically appealed at no cost to the prosecution or defendant.

First, the special circuit court would review the trial transcripts for reversible error. On a finding the case is either reversed and remanded or a new trial is granted. If affirmed, you move to the next step.

Second, the special circuit court investigates for prosecutorial misconduct and police misconduct, and on a finding, the prosecutor and police are fined and/or imprisoned, and their employment is terminated. Effectively, the court issues a Writ of Mandamus compelling the State Attorney General to fire the prosecutor or the city, county or State to fire the police officer(s) with no recourse.

Finally, the entire case is re-investigated and court either affirms, issues an indefinite stay or a limited stay.

The whole problem is stupid jurors and corrupt prosecutors and police. I got paper plates that are smarter than 90% of jurors.

If you don't believe it, look at State of Ohio v Joe D'Ambrosio.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:42 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...or put to death.

A guy in Texas just got executed. He swore until the end that he was innocent. Blood under the victims fingernails did not match his, but they fried him anyway.

Old 08-29-2019, 03:54 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
And folks want the State to determine who is "mentally fit" to own a gun.

Uh huh.

Old 08-29-2019, 04:00 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You can resolve that by having the federal government create special circuit courts. They would be co-located with circuit (appeals) courts.

You would have a three-judge panel with special powers.

All death penalty cases would be automatically appealed at no cost to the prosecution or defendant.

First, the special circuit court would review the trial transcripts for reversible error. On a finding the case is either reversed and remanded or a new trial is granted. If affirmed, you move to the next step.

Second, the special circuit court investigates for prosecutorial misconduct and police misconduct, and on a finding, the prosecutor and police are fined and/or imprisoned, and their employment is terminated. Effectively, the court issues a Writ of Mandamus compelling the State Attorney General to fire the prosecutor or the city, county or State to fire the police officer(s) with no recourse.

Finally, the entire case is re-investigated and court either affirms, issues an indefinite stay or a limited stay.

The whole problem is stupid jurors and corrupt prosecutors and police. I got paper plates that are smarter than 90% of jurors.

If you don't believe it, look at State of Ohio v Joe D'Ambrosio.
That sounds good and well, but the federal government cannot impose its will on the states like that.

Old 08-29-2019, 04:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Here's another case that was righted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...CXY?li=BBnb7Kz

I don't know how anyone can still admire or defend Bill Clinton. Forget the fact that he couldn't keep it in his pants - the fact that he signed a law that incarcerated millions of black males is reprehensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies