Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 01:56 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He lost his show, because they didn't want to HAVE TO give Trump and the other guy running for the Republican primary, 3 hours of equal time on air.
Wouldn't it have to be 3 hours every day if that was true? Don't you think they would figuratively kill to have Trump do 3 hours for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Of the Tea Party variety.

He shares some history and behaviors with Trump.

Over the years, he has been on nearly every side of every issue

He also has a prior history of making differences very personal.

He has a lot of personal baggage.

It would be good TV to watch these two debate.
The President is not going to debate. There would be no benefit to him to give the other two publicity when most people don't know either one of them.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'd like to know why the OP thinks this is any different than when the left does not like something the right does, they call for that person to be fired or boycotted?
I don't know the guy. Never heard the name except for the Joe Walsh who was in The Eagles. I was just curious if the show was successful, why he had to be fired. Couldn't he be temporarily suspended? I thought the reason had something to do with Equal Time but none of the examples I read addressed the issue if the host was the candidate and not the guest. They all addressed interviews with politicians and Equal Time. That's why I asked. Just seeking information to satisfy my curiosity. Huckabee was the one who came to mind but I didn't remember if he left his Fox show or they told him he had to step down.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:27 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Who said they hacked our election?
The Mueller testimony said that they interfered with our election because they did and Moscow Mitch is giving them the green light to interfere again. The only Trump allies that aren`t criminals or crazy are traitors.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1805955001/

"Mueller"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZy7v8X7-3A

Get back to me when Mueller figures out who Glenn Simpson is.

As for your comment about traitors, coup supporters, the very worst sort of traitors, don't get to decide who is or is not loyal to the United States.

Old 08-29-2019, 08:12 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes, and the Zapple Doctrine is no longer, as well. But I think Section 315 is what is in question and what they're trying to steer clear of.

https://www.fcc.gov/media/policy/sta...es-advertising
Did you know the statute off the top of your head or was that a Google victory?

Just asking because when the Ohio radio host I cited earlier in the thread decided not to run I tried like hell to find the specific statute out of curiosity.

Probably a case of me needing to work on my Googling.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:41 AM

325 posts, read 207,427 times
I prefer listening to Michael Berry/Houston any day over Joe Walsh/Chicago.

Old 08-29-2019, 10:47 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
So you expect us to know who some random Illinois political type who spent one term (2 years) in Congress is?
You didn’t know he is running against Trump in the primaries?

The only talk show host I ever found entertaining was Savage n
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies