Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 07:25 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times

Advertisements

The title of this thread is, I hope, self-explanatory, and I hope that someone who does support Muslims over Jews will educate me. As an agnostic who was raised Protestant, I have no "skin in the game", and I just want to be educated about this.

From what I have both read and observed, it seems to me that the great majority of American Jews, at least, just want to live their lives in peace; and I don't know of any recent terrorist acts by a Jewish group committed here in the U.S. From what I have learned, there was a group, the JDL (Jewish Defense League) that operated decades ago, but according to the following link (quote, my italics), "Most terrorism watch groups classify the group as inactive. The JDL's website states that it rejects terrorism. [snip] According to the Anti-Defamation League, the JDL consists only of "thugs and hooligans.". [end quote]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Defense_League

Now, although I know that many Muslims are non-violent, compare the list of Islamic terrorist attacks to the article on Jewish terrorist attacks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rorist_attacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish...ious_terrorism

Now I do understand that there are many religious bigots in this country and the rest of the world, too, but I am definitely not interested in reading any anti-Jew or anti-Muslim rants. Reading the garbage of neo-Nazis, for example, absolutely disgusts me. And I hope that the Mods will not hesitate to delete any such posts.

So, in short, I just do not understand why any non-Muslim American would support Muslims over Jews, and I would greatly appreciate an explanation. Thank you.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-28-2019 at 07:53 AM..

Old 08-28-2019, 07:30 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
You have to understand how the mind of a leftist works in order to understand it. Leftists believe in a dichotomy of victim/victimizer and hold that this applies in all cases. In all cases, there are those with power and those without. In the case of Muslims and Jews, they view Jews as holding the power and being privileged, whereas Muslims are victims, so they must come to the aid of the Muslims.

Test it for yourself. This applies to all cases in the deranged minds of those on the left. White/black, men/women, straight/gay, etc

Old 08-28-2019, 07:32 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You have to understand how the mind of a leftist works in order to understand it. Leftists believe in a dichotomy of victim/victimizer and good that this applies on all cases. In all cases, there are those with power and those without. In the case of Muslims and Jews, they are Jews as holding the power and being privileged, whereas Muslims are victims, so they must come to the aid of the Muslims.

Test it for yourself. This applies to all cases in the deranged minds of those on the left. White/black, men/women, straight/gay, etc
Well said, and spot on.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:33 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You have to understand how the mind of a leftist works in order to understand it. Leftists believe in a dichotomy of victim/victimizer and good that this applies on all cases. In all cases, there are those with power and those without. In the case of Muslims and Jews, they are Jews as holding the power and being privileged, whereas Muslims are victims, so they must come to the aid of the Muslims.

I'd also add in American/illegal alien to your list.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:35 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I'd also add in American/illegal alien to your list.
Absolutely! It’s perhaps the most puzzling for many and certainly highlights the derangement of the left.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:38 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,148 times
We don't let the fact that 0.01% of the BILLION Muslims in the world are terrorists get in the way of seeing who's being treated poorly by who. Certainly doesn't mean that we don't support Jews too since a whole lot of us are Jews. That right there tells you you are missing a big part of the picture.

In the Republican mind there is only black and white. They are immune to nuance and grey areas. Well, the world marches on despite their naive and uninformed view on things and my opinions are going to continue to be based on the circumstances of particular situations and not the religion of the last brown person to perform a heinous act.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:39 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
...So, in short, I just do not understand why any non-Muslim American would support Muslims over Jews, and I would greatly appreciate it an explanation. Thank you.

What, to you, represents "supporting Muslims over Jews"? An example or two might help you get answers.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
My Muslim American friends are as peace-loving as my Jewish American friends. I think people confuse Muslims from the Middle East with American Muslims. That's a whole other problematic culture there that despises western values.

Are there some problems here, as well? YES, but it's a very small percentage.

So, why would I favor either, is my question.

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
It's a real challenge for leftists, because on one hand, they want to side with Muslims because they see them as the victims, yet on the other hand the religion is contrary to what they say they support - women's rights, LBGT rights, abortion rights, etc.

They seem to have decided that their "victim" status (in the minds of leftists) outweighs their views toward and treatment of women and gays. As a result, progressives rush in to defend any criticism of someone who happens to be Muslim, with the cry of "Islamophobe!," when in fact the criticism is totally warranted.

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
I don't care that folks choose not to support someone over another. Its the blatant and clear antisemitism that I have a problem with. But, then again, antisemitism has deeply infected societies around the world for many thousands of years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies