Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 02:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Yes, poor people who cannot afford children should not have them. Yes, it is social Darwinism. Yes, it is the most reasonable and compassionate system.

Elite liberals crowing about demographic destiny don't seem to care that such a destiny is powered by the suffering and despair of millions of children growing up in poverty, being used as cannon fodder in a political war between rival sets of elites.
The poorest people in the world tend to have the highest birthrates.

And Lakeland NJ leads them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2019, 02:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I am claiming that my body is my property and as such I decide what happens with it and in it. No one else has the right to decide what I must do and can not do with my body.
Sure they can. It's called laws.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:35 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
So what is it than, do you want poor people to have children or not? Why not have birth control pills because more widely available and cheaper,maybe stop defunding planned parenthood and making it harder for single women to get better educated?

Old 08-29-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Didn't Clinton end all this nonsense back in the 90's?
Bipartisan reform ended AFDC in 1996. It imposed a work requirement, capped benefits at 5 years, gave states greater latitude in administration and created state waiver standards.

It is misunderstood legislation in that benefits for the children do not depend on a parent's compliance with the requirements of the act.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:38 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
So what is it than, do you want poor people to have children or not? Why not have birth control pills because more widely available and cheaper,maybe stop defunding planned parenthood and making it harder for single women to get better educated?
Again, for the brain dead...

172 page directory of Title X Family Planning Clinics that provide contraceptive services, devices, and meds via public (taxpayer) funding:
Title X Family Planning Directory - HHS.gov

Only 455 Planned Parenthood facilities, nationwide. All of the thousands of the rest are either public or private clinics. Anyone who wants birth control can get it. The problem is that those who need it the most are the least responsible about making the effort to get it.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
45% of Americans pay no income tax, so that sounds about right. I've never seen your statistic but it makes me nauseous.
The doubling of the refundable Child Tax Credit in 2018 financially rewards people for having children, regardless of their ability to provide for those children.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:45 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Our county hospital has 12 health centers where you can get free or low cost birth control pills.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, you're claiming a human life is property. You yourself made the analogy to property in your post, and therefore subconsciously exposed your true belief. The left has always been the party of slavery. They've always though of human life as someone else's property.
IF the fetus can survive outside of a womans body then it can do so, but as long as it is inside of her and using her body to survive then she has the right to revoke permission for it to do so. Just like I can not use your body to keep myself alive without your continued permission.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:46 PM

745 posts, read 1,324,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is a phenomenon that has been going on for literally centuries, if not millennia.

Even back in Roman times people observed that the poor had more kids than the rich.

Obviously we need to give more money to the poor, and that will reduce the number of babies.

This can be a win, win situation.

Old 08-29-2019, 02:51 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
IF the fetus can survive outside of a womans body then it can do so, but as long as it is inside of her and using her body to survive then she has the right to revoke permission for it to do so. Just like I can not use your body to keep myself alive without your continued permission.
Why isn't that same standard applied to feticide laws? Like I said, if anyone can kill a fetus, everyone can. 14th Amendment Equal Protection Clause. Can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies