Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 09:55 AM

3,194 posts, read 2,458,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
So you don't know how to do the average on taxes, spreading it out over the population numbers, knowing that fewer wage earners means higher taxes for those working?

Trust, you will find out as the migrants that were here paying taxes with their wages have decreased, along with not enough children to take the place of their parents in the workforce ... Your taxes will go up, and the reason is staring right at you ... keep on advocating in the win to loose game; count your losses at the end of the day.
Those illiterate migrants will be using more financial resources. Menial Labor= low wages = little or no taxes paid into system. Or, if paid cash, they pay no withholding, Yes, they pay sales taxes but if they are poor, that is a small amount.

And, yes, we are running out of land, water and resources. You are delusional if you think otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,175,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
That goes both ways. Men have the equal right to say no if the woman wants to be irresponsible about birth control.

Exactly right. And if they refuse seeing it that way, then babies willl be born.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:26 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,175,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
That's a lovely vision but it ain't gonna happen. While it SHOULD be the man's equal responsibility, it never seems to happen that way. Sadly. But I look at it like this. Should a woman EVER be raped? Nope. But if she is walking home alone at 3 am, she increases her chances. Ever heard the expression don't cut off your nose to spite your face?

Of course, women are raped all times of the day and all situations just as men are robbed at all the hours of the day. Definite lack of control on the offender's part as well as the victim's.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:33 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,390,319 times
Neighbor across from me has a 30 year old daughter who moved in with her. She was pregnant and unemployed, she since gave birth. For two months her baby has been in hospital getting detoxed because she did drugs while pregnant. Father is not involved. She gets cab rides to the hospital to visit her trophy baby once or more daily.

Millions of single mothers doing likewise will destroy our society. Meth babies will be incapable of doing anything but menial jobs - jobs done in the future by machines.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:18 PM

36,163 posts, read 30,619,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's total BS. Women on public assistance have a 3 times higher birth rate than women who receive no public assistance. Documented by the US Census Bureau.
That is actually misleading numbers. Im not even sure how they got their numbers per "estimated number per 1000 women on assistance that might give birth". Based on the Census Bureau 2006 study (survey) there was an estimated 1.7 million women on public assistance compared to 74 million not on assistance. of those an estimated number who gave birth in the last 12 months, on assistance 262,300, not on assistance 3.9 million. There 3 times higher number (estimated number per 1000 women on assistance with the likelihood of giving birth) came to: on assistance 155 to 53 not on assistance.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Neighbor across from me has a 30 year old daughter who moved in with her. She was pregnant and unemployed, she since gave birth. For two months her baby has been in hospital getting detoxed because she did drugs while pregnant. Father is not involved. She gets cab rides to the hospital to visit her trophy baby once or more daily.

Millions of single mothers doing likewise will destroy our society. Meth babies will be incapable of doing anything but menial jobs - jobs done in the future by machines.
Some trophy.
So what about heroin? Will all those babies be incapable of doing anything but menial jobs? I have a nephew whose children were born to an addict like 5-6 years ago. They both seem to be smart and well adjusted. I dont see any indicators that they will not be functional as adults.
My brother goes to church with a woman, married, whose second child had the cord wrapped around his neck cutting off the oxygen and he was born with intellectual and motor disabilities. He will never be capable of holding a job. I have two friends, both married, who gave birth to children with autism. They will never be capable of holding down a job.
But yes we have a drug problem in the US.

Are you employed? How do you have time to watch out the window to know how many times a day this woman gets in a cab and where she goes?

Old 09-04-2019, 01:00 PM

133 posts, read 74,328 times
Amazing how people that complain about children being born into poverty are the same ones that want to restrict or stop birth control and abortions. It's as though they are confused!

Old 09-04-2019, 01:36 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your a perfect example of why there are so many single mothers and strict child support enforcement.
How so? I'm not the guy knocking up women and paying child support.

I think many women want to have children with the men of their choice then have 3rd parties pay for it.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How so? I'm not the guy knocking up women and paying child support.

I think many women want to have children with the men of their choice then have 3rd parties pay for it.
Your attitude.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:49 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your attitude.
What should my attitude be? More cheerful that welfare women have children with the men of their choice and have 3rd parties pay for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies