Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPL_NHEGlzE

They wonder why there is such a great disconnect between the public and the thin blue line.
Here it is in a nutshell.
The Police State gone full tyrannical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 08:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
There are no "good" cops. They're all bad.

Quote:
A cop's JOB is to violently enforce upon the rest of us whatever arbitrary bulls*** the political parasites declare to be "law." It is, therefore, impossible to be a "law enforcer" and behave morally, for the same reason one can't be a moral car-jacker.
- Larken Rose

Old 09-05-2019, 11:56 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,985,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There are no "good" cops. They're all bad.

- Larken Rose

...don't know that i'd go that far..."all cops are bad"...but what folks have to realize is that little decal on the side door of the cruiser, 'To Protect and Serve', isn't meant for you...it's a declaration that they will serve and protect whatever municipality that employees them...

Old 09-05-2019, 12:54 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Cop should be charged and jailed and certainly never be a cop again.

Where I defer from some other posters here is this doesn't cause me to become a sovereign state nutbag with an arsenal who can't wait to shoot antifa and/or the cops. I don't know, something with developing mentally beyond the pre-teen years or something. I believe in much more oversight over cops but not the abolition of police forces so unsupervised yahoos with guns become the defacto town militia.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:01 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,944 times
How these cops, and the ones who back them up, refusing to stop the unlawful actions by bad cops, manage to look themselves in the mirror and think they are a good person and are doing a public service simply astounds me.

The largest gang of evil violent thugs who prey upon and abuse others is the law enforcement community.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:44 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
How these cops, and the ones who back them up, refusing to stop the unlawful actions by bad cops, manage to look themselves in the mirror and think they are a good person and are doing a public service simply astounds me.

The largest gang of evil violent thugs who prey upon and abuse others is the law enforcement community.

There are elements of truth in what you say and also a lot of exaggeration.

I view the blue lives matter flag flying at multiple homes in my area where cops live as basically gang colors. It's saying, first and foremost, apart from being your neighbor, fellow citizen, :I am a cop. My allegiance is to other cops, and everyone else comes second."

This mentality is unhealthy for a society. Maybe that's difficult for beat cops to comprehend with some of the crap they have to deal with from societies dregs. But the brass and the people who employ them should see this "us against them" mentality as a problem, clearly.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

These are the same folks who lock up grandmas for feeding stray cats and agree to raid Amish farms in full SWAT gear for selling fresh milk.

They have no souls.

Having said that, you can get clean. It's amazing the number of anarchists who once either worked for the government or served in the military. I was in the latter.

It's never too late to be admit your sins and that you were wrong. My hope is everyone can see the light of non-aggression and respect for property rights.

Old 09-05-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
There are elements of truth in what you say and also a lot of exaggeration.

I view the blue lives matter flag flying at multiple homes in my area where cops live as basically gang colors. It's saying, first and foremost, apart from being your neighbor, fellow citizen, :I am a cop. My allegiance is to other cops, and everyone else comes second."

This mentality is unhealthy for a society. Maybe that's difficult for beat cops to comprehend with some of the crap they have to deal with from societies dregs. But the brass and the people who employ them should see this "us against them" mentality as a problem, clearly.
That flag applies to all of them: from the U.S. Attorney General down to the meter maid. It's a sub-gang under the larger gang of government. I was in that mentality for years in the criminal justice field when I was in the public sector.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:04 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,632,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Having said that, you can get clean. It's amazing the number of anarchists who once either worked for the government or served in the military. I was in the latter.

It's never too late to be admit your sins and that you were wrong. My hope is everyone can see the light of non-aggression and respect for property rights.
I was military and law enforcement. And even afterwards, it wasn't a clean jump to anarchism, it took a while.

Admitting to yourself just how wrong you had it all that time...that is a tough pill to swallow, and I still feel embarrassed by a good bit of all that earlier belief. Stains on the soul are tough to scrub out completely.

Old 09-05-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I was military and law enforcement. And even afterwards, it wasn't a clean jump to anarchism, it took a while.

Admitting to yourself just how wrong you had it all that time...that is a tough pill to swallow, and I still feel embarrassed by a good bit of all that earlier belief. Stains on the soul are tough to scrub out completely.
I harbor more shame/guilt than embarrassment but it's still there, sure. And I transitioned out over time too. I think what it takes is once you start acting in accordance with non-aggression and respect for private property rights and then proceed to interact with others (who are 99.9% statist obviously) you realize that's it ok to be at odds with people...peacefully.

If anything, they mostly think you're crazy which is ok.

I remember when I told my clients that I would only be accepting various forms of alternative currencies, no cash/check, and would no longer have a bank account for transactions. I only lost one guy who I had issues with anyway so I can't definitively say that was the deal breaker.

All of the others (except my lawyer who is also an anarchist and showed me how to do it) were confused and did take it as odd. I explained to them my reasoning and that if they were happy with my services prior to this change I could guarantee those same results if not better ones because the commitment to my principles would only make me a stronger person and more dedicated to the task at hand.

People, and I don't care what walk of life you are in, aren't used to hearing that sort of stuff. My clients are now because I still make "crazy" decrees when I see fit but business is great. Every day I do less and less work for more and more money. I have my principles to thank for that, first and foremost. You wouldn't believe how attracted folks are to principled people...even if they don't understand what they are doing completely...or at all.

The shame/guilt is due to the fact that even though I didn't understand what I was doing was wrong at the time it was indeed wrong and it caused a lot of pain and suffering to innocents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies