Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 07:43 AM

17,436 posts, read 6,768,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm not sure I follow you here. I didn't know how secretive the info was, but you do?

I currently hold a TS clearance and have for 15+ years, I've worked in SCIFs, I've even had the pleasure of sitting through a polygraph interview courtesy of a certain governmental agency.

I am completely unsurprised that Comey is not being charged with anything in this case.

Tell me more about how easy it is to spot these partisan hacks that have never handled classified material. I'm fascinated.
I don't believe you. If you were telling the truth, you'd know that what Comey did would land any normal peon behind bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 07:54 AM

57,035 posts, read 26,001,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I don't believe you. If you were telling the truth, you'd know that what Comey did would land any normal peon behind bars.
Now your exaggerating, even General Petraeus never spent a day in jail. I'm sure there have been lower level employees that served jail time because of disclosure of classified or secret information but not for sharing a memo.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:58 AM

17,436 posts, read 6,768,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Now your exaggerating, even General Petraeus never spent a day in jail. I'm sure there have been lower level employees that served jail time because of disclosure of classified or secret information but not for sharing a memo.
Well, you're wrong. I personally know a Marine E-3 who spent 60 days at Quantico for leaving NSA with classified material. He didn't even disclose it to anyone and turned it in himself when he realized his mistake.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:59 AM

46,201 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Quote:
I'm not sure I follow you here. I didn't know how secretive the info was, but you do?
^^^^^^You say this, and then you say this below....that has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard a person who claims to have any type of clearance.....really....how secretive is it? Does it matter? You claim to work in SCIFs, maybe you don't need to anymore if you have to ask how secretive it is, whether or not it was released.....

Quote:
I currently hold a TS clearance and have for 15+ years, I've worked in SCIFs, I've even had the pleasure of sitting through a polygraph interview courtesy of a certain governmental agency.

I am completely unsurprised that Comey is not being charged with anything in this case.

Tell me more about how easy it is to spot these partisan hacks that have never handled classified material. I'm fascinated.

Just so you know, I've held a secret for 30+ years.....

Comey clearly violated policy and your un-surprised he is not being charged? Maybe you need to self report yourself and have your clearance revoked....really....

Page 3, first paragraph in case you missed it:

Quote:
As described in this report, we conclude that Comey’s retention, handling, and dissemination of certain Memos violated Department and FBI policies, and his FBI Employment Agreement.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:02 AM

46,201 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Isn't it amazing how difficult reading comprehension is for some.

IG report was clear that they found no evidence of classified information being released. Yet the yammering goes on.

Reminds me of Trump and FuBarr blabbering endlessly about how the Mueller report exonerated Trump. It did not and said as much.

Reminds me of the russia collusion BS for 3+ years....

And no it does not.....he clearly violated FBI policy, or is that so hard to understand, how he violated it we will never know....

page 3 first paragraph....

Quote:
As described in this report, we conclude that Comey’s retention, handling, and dissemination of certain Memos violated Department and FBI policies, and his FBI Employment Agreement.

Old 09-03-2019, 05:43 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,656,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Isn't it amazing how difficult reading comprehension is for some.

Its good that you recognize at least 1 of your own faults.

Like the Mueller report and Benghazi, the IG report was clear, no charges for who was being investigated. There are rules for them and rules for us, jail is for poor people.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Reminds me of the russia collusion BS for 3+ years....

And no it does not.....he clearly violated FBI policy, or is that so hard to understand, how he violated it we will never know....

page 3 first paragraph....
He released his memos to his friend, pretty clear that the offense is violating FBI policy.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Its good that you recognize at least 1 of your own faults.

Like the Mueller report and Benghazi, the IG report was clear, no charges for who was being investigated. There are rules for them and rules for us, jail is for poor people.
The Mueller investigation did end up with convictions and indictments. There was no reason to charge anyone on Benghazi.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:40 AM

21,821 posts, read 9,377,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Hasn't the DOJ already announced that Comey will NOT be prosecuted.

Would he do that if he Comey was going to be prosecuted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course there will be -- any day now.
It's so interesting to me how you lefties all defend these corrupt people.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:41 AM

21,821 posts, read 9,377,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The problem is, the presumption of this thread is that Ingram, Solomon and Hannity are journalists with professional standards.

They're not. They're propagandists. They were wrong and they defamed a decent man who was attempting to help save democracy. They won't apologize, nor will TheHill or Fox "News" require them to. They will not post a clarification or a correction.

Propagandists put the stories into the ether and push them within their silo. When those stories are disproven, they move on to a different lie.

They'll face no repercussions. They'll face no embarrassment. They did their jobs as propagandists. Just like the posts on threads such as this one.

This petty, vindictive "investigation" ordered by the petulant POTUS and conducted by his favorite toady's minion should be called "The Revenge of Donald Trump." Who didn't see it coming? Really, Comey gets dinged for sharing the memos he wrote to himself after those weird little one-on-one meetings with Trump? Those meetings where The Donald asked him to drop the Russia investigation?

The President asked Comey to kill an on-going investigation with national security importance. What was he supposed to do? Tell Mitch McConnell? The report issued on Thursday by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz found that Comey broke no laws and did not release any classified information.

And spare me the sputtering, we all know the fall back position: "No, no no not this IG report, the next one!”
You can stay that about Hannity and Ingraham. Whatever. But Sara Carter and John Solomon are highly respected reporters, along with Catherine Herrage. They are the ones who broke this whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies