Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 10:05 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Yes, of course I did. I was referring to the documents authorizing the Special Counsel investigation, though.

Also, it's not "the leftists say" - Mueller explicitly stated that his team didn't/wouldn't even consider charges against the POTUS because of the OLC memo and precedent.
The OLC memo is still not coded law.

So where is the sealed inducement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 10:14 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
The OLC memo is still not coded law.

I never claimed it was. It doesn't need to be a law in order for an investigative team, like the SC investigation, to decide to abide by it. Mueller and his team were given the discretion to make those sorts of choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
So where is the sealed inducement?

They don't exist because Mueller and his team decided not to proceed in that direction, regardless of what evidence was found, or not found. Why are you making me repeat myself.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:16 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The IG does not draw conclusions about whether or not a person, Comey in this investigation, violated the Law. His role is strictly limited to Department policies and employment agreements. which he concluded Comey did violate.

Comey violated several federal laws regarding the handling and dissemination of classified material. Prosecutors can decline to prosecute for many reasons, even when they believe crimes have been committed. I'd like Barr to explain his decision, but that's not the normal procedure.
If you know that he violated laws, then you must know what laws those are, would you please share that information? One thing that City-Data legal experts seem to forget is that as head of the FBI, Comey was the original classification authority for his agency; he made decisions on whether something is considered classified or not.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:41 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
If you know that he violated laws, then you must know what laws those are, would you please share that information? One thing that City-Data legal experts seem to forget is that as head of the FBI, Comey was the original classification authority for his agency; he made decisions on whether something is considered classified or not.
If you really read the report you'd know which laws I'm talking about. Right, Comey treated his memos as personal documents and as the oca, unilaterally decided the classification of each when he distributed them outside the DOJ. Under your truly bizarre logic, the Defense Secretary could write memos of his discussions with a prez about war plans, resign, take those memos as 'personal notes,' unilaterally decide they are not classified, and distribute them as he chooses. If that wouldn't violate any laws, we'd better take a look at how the laws are written.

Admittedly, nothing in those memos are like war plans, but the higher-ups at DOJ who reviewed them decided portions of some did include bits of information that were classified.

Old 09-04-2019, 11:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
If you really read the report you'd know which laws I'm talking about. Right, Comey treated his memos as personal documents and as the oca, unilaterally decided the classification of each when he distributed them outside the DOJ. Under your truly bizarre logic, the Defense Secretary could write memos of his discussions with a prez about war plans, resign, take those memos as 'personal notes,' unilaterally decide they are not classified, and distribute them as he chooses. If that wouldn't violate any laws, we'd better take a look at how the laws are written.

Admittedly, nothing in those memos are like war plans, but the higher-ups at DOJ who reviewed them decided portions of some did include bits of information that were classified.
Right, and the DoJ declined to move forward. Which should surprise absolutely no one based on the history of scenarios like this.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:

As I thought, you can't name them.

Old 09-08-2019, 03:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"by leaking the documents to someone else that had security clearance."

WRONG. A security Clearance does NOT give you permission to see EVERYTHING classified. I had a very high clearance but could NOT see what was going on in the room next to me. You have to be "read in" on each and every program.
Well, this guy that then leaked it to the NY Times did.... and now he is Comey's lawyer. Claiming client confidentiality, so he is immune to questioning.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:00 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany day now............................................... ..........

Old 09-08-2019, 04:44 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany day now............................................... ..........

Agreed...trump has been circuling the toilet bowl for 3+ years.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany day now............................................... .........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies