Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 02:37 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,996 times

Advertisements

Wall Street is right Warren presidency is terrifying. I can't understand how anyone would support her.
Ultimately, her presidency would be a horror show for the economy. I guess that's why the radical left loves her. Anything to destroy America.

Quote:
CNBC host Jim Cramer gave Massachusetts Senator and Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren an unintentional boost when he said that Wall Street executives are privately telling him that “She’s got to be stopped!”

On Tuesday’s edition of CNBC’s Squawk on the Street, Cramer told co-hosts David Faber and Carl Quintanilla that Wall Street executives are quaking in their boots at the prospect of a Warren presidency.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/jim-cr...ta-be-stopped/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 02:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
WALL STREET FEARS TRUMP MAY BE TOO DUMB TO END TRADE WAR BEFORE 2020

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...trade-war-2020

Old 09-12-2019, 02:55 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Wall St., where they make their money by knowing what is going to happen, before anyone else does, is feeling very threatened by Warren. So they obviously are taking her to be a contender. She should feel encouraged that those vipers and thieves consider her to be dangerous to them.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:12 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Same thing was said about Trump in 2016.

I don't support Warren but no one knows what she would do.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:19 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
i am a conservative but often at odds with wallstreet....

i have listened to Warren and taken a hard look at her actual policy actions.
1. I hope she is the dem nominee.
2. she is so radical that moderate dems and independents will never pull the lever for her.
3. she is actually possibly the most dangerous (policy wise) person running on the dem side.

She is really really subversive and if her policy prescriptions are enacted, she will in fact cause economic chaos that wont be easily overcome.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i am a conservative but often at odds with wallstreet....

i have listened to Warren and taken a hard look at her actual policy actions.
1. I hope she is the dem nominee.
2. she is so radical that moderate dems and independents will never pull the lever for her.
3. she is actually possibly the most dangerous (policy wise) person running on the dem side.

She is really really subversive and if her policy prescriptions are enacted, she will in fact cause economic chaos that wont be easily overcome.
I'm an independent and even though I don't like Warren at all, I'd vote for her over Trump. I think many conservatives overlook the fact that a large amount of independents and nearly all Democrats really hate Trump and believe a vote for any of the Dem candidates would be better than a vote for him.

On her policies, I don't think they would get done. The only one I'd like to see pursued is Medicare for all.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm an independent and even though I don't like Warren at all, I'd vote for her over Trump. I think many conservatives overlook the fact that a large amount of independents and nearly all Democrats really hate Trump and believe a vote for any of the Dem candidates would be better than a vote for him.

On her policies, I don't think they would get done. The only one I'd like to see pursued is Medicare for all.
I think you forgot the independents elected him. My husband was one and he changed to Republican Party to vote for Trump.
But Warren has done well in the poll because of the quality of the candidates. She’s well spoken and passionate about her ideas. Her intellect is way above Biden, Sanders, and Harris. It’s easy to see why.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:27 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
She's as "radical" as a right winger in Canada.

But Wall Street isnt satisfied until they have the entire 99% by the balls. So far they got the working class and most of the middle class in their firm grip.

Goldman Sachs is likely to get their wish, after all they fund both sides of the isle and get their people inside the corridors of power whether its the Dems or the GOP that win.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I think you forgot the independents elected him. My husband was one and he changed to Republican Party to vote for Trump.
I agree that Trump IMO is not a conservative and he, himself is more of an independent. I also agree that many independents voted for Trump, but those who are center left, and who don't like his behavior (such as myself) are not going to support him.

I personally know Republicans who are not going to support him and were happy about Mark Sanford running now against Trump.

FWIW I'm going to vote in the Republican Primary just to vote for someone other than Trump. In Ohio you don't have a declared party and we declare at the poll. I'd happily vote for Sanford over Trump and I'd happily vote for Warren over Trump because IMO he is too chaotic and an a-hole and I'm sick of him. Simple as that. I know many what I consider "real" Republicans who feel he has hurt their party due to his a-hole-ness and lack of leadership skills. Also his expansion of government, the tariffs with China, etc.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:29 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
she lost any chance she had years ago when she lied about being Native American.

Dems won't vote for her, they don't like liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies