Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 09:44 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON - The government plans to begin collecting DNA samples from anyone arrested by a federal law enforcement agency — a move intended to prevent violent crime but which also is raising concerns about the privacy of innocent people.
What took them so long? I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the rights of the perps, felons and crazies that I could scream! It's long past time to focus on the victims and intended victims of these dregs of society! The justice system in the US has become a joke and cell doors have been replaced by revolving doors! Billions of $$$ a year are spent on keeping scum bags and dirt bags housed and fed with little return on investment. It's way past time to reduce the impact that these dirt bags have upon the law abiding general population. A database of DNA profiles will act as a determent and a tool of law enforcement.

Feds to collect DNA from every person they arrest - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 09:46 PM

471 posts, read 1,475,447 times
I think that each of our DNA should be taken when we are born.

Crimes would be solved so much faster.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,209 times
Though DNA isn't 100% viable as people think.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:54 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolistraffic View Post
I think that each of our DNA should be taken when we are born.

Crimes would be solved so much faster.
I agree. My DNA profile is stored in several medical locations. Law enforcement should have access to medically stored DNA profiles. DNA profiles have not only convicted the guilty, but have freed the innocent. DNA profiling accuracy now exceeds fingerprint accuracy. Time to move up the technology ladder.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:59 PM

793 posts, read 2,213,209 times
as long there is no corruption in law enforcement or government that could switch DNA results to protect one of their own.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:01 PM

471 posts, read 1,475,447 times
Quote:
as long there is no corruption in law enforcement or government that could switch DNA results to protect one of their own.
Well, I'd say create a nationwide databank in which all hospitals need to report the DNA of the baby before it's released.

And, besides, if it ever was changed, you can simply do a DNA test to match up.

Say for a rape - If they change it to free so and so, and you get blamed. You can be like ".. uh. Check my DNA." and they'll see that your DNA does not match up the one that is in the databank. And, then they search the databank for the one that it was traded with.

It's a check and balance system.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,211,458 times
Isn't this just an "upgrade" from fingerprints?

Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,756,161 times
Acutually they should collect DNA from everybody period. Every baby born and every immigrant should have their DNA collected and stored in a database. That way when a crime is committed, it can be matched to the criminal - or an unidentified body.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:39 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,402 times
The collection of DNA from criminals is similar to fingerprinting.

The discussion that we should collect DNA from all babies and store it in a database is extremely disturbing. Why not just stick RFID chips in their arms? I agree with DJF, it would be too easy to frame someone else for the crime if you could just switch the results with someone else. There is no legitimate reason that the government would need the DNA information about everyone...it is an inherent violation of privacy.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,078,849 times
I think it is a great idea, let's all get in line and have locater chips put in our backs so we cannot cut them out. Then we can be tracked like a UPS package by anyone who get access to our codes. I think it is a fabulous idea to give a government we all sit here complaining about more power over us!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies