Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 07:48 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

If it was just a small tiny whirlwind that only hit the resort and not the entire county- might be an entertaining evil thought. Unfortunately even if he sustains damage, he can afford it. His neighbors will be devestated. I’m from Fl. Not there now, but my family is in Miami and Orlando areas, my wish it return to the sea. Fl will again be in pain in many ways. But I get the lady, be great if we could get some empathy from the man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 07:49 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Whats not funny is the disgrace Trump has brought to the USA.

Reagan's "Shining city upon a hill" has become a amoral cesspool.
Only to those who were behind Barry's fundamentally changing America. Those are the very people who would have welcomed Hellary's rule.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:52 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
What would be the point unless he were sucked into the eye and never seen again. Trump will just bilk the insurance companies and rip off the taxpayers to fix things that were not damaged - as he has done repeatedly in the past. In any case, Trump will not suffer like the US citizens of Puerto Rico he abandoned or the everyday people of Florida who will be hurt by what's coming their way.

Old 08-30-2019, 07:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If it was just a small tiny whirlwind that only hit the resort and not the entire county- might be an entertaining evil thought. Unfortunately even if he sustains damage, he can afford it. His neighbors will be devestated. I’m from Fl. Not there now, but my family is in Miami and Orlando areas, my wish it return to the sea. Fl will again be in pain in many ways. But I get the lady, be great if we could get some empathy from the man.
I feel the same way. If the hurricane could turn Mar-a-Lago into a pile of rubble and leave everything else unscathed that would be good for a little schadenfreude. But realistically let's hope it turns south and passes over open water.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:04 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What would be the point unless he were sucked into the eye and never seen again. Trump will just bilk the insurance companies and rip off the taxpayers to fix things that were not damaged - as he has done repeatedly in the past. In any case, Trump will not suffer like the US citizens of Puerto Rico he abandoned or the everyday people of Florida who will be hurt by what's coming their way.
Trump will make sure he's made 100% whole before anyone else even gets a roll of paper towels. And typically he's just diverted $10 million from FEMA to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. I guess sticking kids in cages is more important to him than giving folks disaster relief.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:25 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I feel the same way. If the hurricane could turn Mar-a-Lago into a pile of rubble and leave everything else unscathed that would be good for a little schadenfreude. But realistically let's hope it turns south and passes over open water.
North. If it goes south it goes into the gulf and then ends up a Cat 5 hitting US gulf coast. Let it go north and hit Greenland to teach them a lesson for not selling.

The 8am update moves it a little south. A little more in that direction will put Mar-a-Lago in for a direct hit!

Last edited by Ponderosa; 08-30-2019 at 08:36 AM..

Old 08-30-2019, 08:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Oh get a grip. Like Trump she was joking.....it was all a joke. Did she hurt your feelings?
Joking is a common official explanation Trump’s Press uses to rationalize some of Trump’s words.
Kellyanne told us to ignore Trump’s words and instead look into his heart.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Maybe it will hit Canada (just a joke).
Those starting in the Caribbean usually do at some point. Of course an American would not know that or even shive-a-git.

Now let's chat a bit about the first country that shows up to help when your country takes a major hit shall we?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadi...ricane_Katrina

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontari...rida-1.3585155

http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/vol1...20Page5462.pdf

During the aftermath of Katrina; some parish occupants were flabbergasted to have the first responders speaking French to them and wearing Canadian flag patches on their shoulders.

Some were plucked from rooftops by Canadian helicopters.

Canadian navy and coast guard ships stood off shore and provided fresh water and medical services.

The first divers to inspect some of the remaining levees were Canadian Navy Divers.

If we're to accurately compare; one "private citizen" Canadian's opinion does not warrant the same response that a sitting President who represents all of you publicly insulting and lying about a Canadian Prime Minister would justly occasion.

Old 08-30-2019, 09:36 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
I'm rooting for someone to find a cure for TDS... it rots the soul.

There is a cure, it is called goodbye Trump in 2020 !

Old 08-30-2019, 09:57 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Funny how he cancelled his trip because the storm could hit his home in Florida.

What did he cancel when they thought it would hit Puerto Rico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies