Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 10:08 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Amazing how SO many men are able to go to work every day without "ruining their lives and careers."

Why can't the rest of you figure this out?
Literally, there has been no change in my workplace . But it's not like a guy and gal were constantly sneaking off to be alone in the conference room either.

Quote:
Are you typing this from a work computer right now, cowering in fear of false accusation under your desk?

Or are you just fine, employed with no one really harming you, flinging out accusations based on hearsay and very limited life experience?
IF the poster is employed at alll ~ I'm betting on your scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 10:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
You haven't pointed anything out, except the fact that you have very limited actual experience with this.

Next ...
I have enough experience to know what is rational.

Limiting exposure to women at work is rational.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:09 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I have enough experience to know what is rational.
Your posts prove otherwise.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:10 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
So this has happened to you? Years working away quietly with your head down and **wham** false sexual harassment accusation?

The rage is carried out passive-aggressively here, in places like this forum.
So what? Why do you care if men keep to themselves?

Old 08-30-2019, 10:13 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Apparently sexism.

It's ok for a woman to be cautious but not a man.

She appears to have separate rules and opinions based upon gender.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:13 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Most men who work for me do.

They are able to work with all kinds of people and not get sued for normal workplace interactions.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:15 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Before I retired, I was speaking to a coworker and said something to the effect of that the requirements of the project I was working on left little room for error, and so the supervisor, (female), was keeping us on a "pretty short leash".

Within 3 days I was called on the carpet in hr for calling all women dogs because of the short leash comment.
A female in a separate room, not involved in the conversation had heard, "the boss is keeping us on a short leash", and decided because the supervisor was female, I was disparaging all females.
Of course the hr director was also female, and looking to hang a man's head on her trophy wall.

An innocent comment using a common phrase blown completely out of proportion or common sense by 2 females with an agenda.

It was so trivial they couldn't make a case, so I got off without serious problems, but it could have gone the other way easily.

I was a senior supervisor there with 26 years, and no issues of that kind before, and I'd supervised a lot of females in that time.

After that incident, and for the time until I retired, I never spoke to a female employee without a witness, and when speaking to my female supervisor, I always requested either a 3rd part present or the door left open.

When I had to communicate with a female in course of business, if no witnesses, I took a small recorder, " for meeting record accuracy" and only spoke of the business. No small talk, no pleasantries, just "good morning, thank you for attending, this is the matter I have to consult with you about".

I could still speak to the men freely, but meetings got moved offsite or outside work hours to avoid evesdroppers.

The other men in the office were under the same pressure, so it became like 2 offices. The men were forced to operate outside normal business practices to get the work done, and then official office operations where strict protocols were in place when females were involved. Then it was just the minimum you had to say, CYA at all times, don't trust any female in the office, or in the building.

It was no way to live. Effectiveness goes out the window when there is no trust between co workers.

I retired 8 years earlier than I would have in a normal work environment, but the constant hostile work environment, it was like being in north Korea where spies are everywhere, one wrong word and you're up against the wall with a last cigarette and blindfold.

It's no way to live. I've spoken to men still there, the business is really suffering in part due to loss of talented and experienced men leaving for the same reason I did.
As long as that militant feminist is head of hr, I don't see any solution.

I did hear from one female I used to work with there they knew what was going on, but the ones that had no problem working with men and just wanted to do their job in a good office environment had no power to stop the ones with an agenda, and they were suffering as bad as the men because they could no longer just do their job, enjoy their work and interact freely with coworkers.

I'm retired now. I gave up a lot of money and a job I enjoyed, but I'm much happier now, lot less stress, but I am still very suspicious and cautious when dealing with females.

It's a sad turn of events.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:16 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Most men who work for me do.

They are able to work with all kinds of people and not get sued for normal workplace interactions.
So what do you care if some men choose to limit their interactions with women? Why the outrage over this by some?

Old 08-30-2019, 10:17 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
What's the problem here? Why is it problematic that some men are choosing to minimize their contact with women in the workplace?
In my workplaces we had to work as a professional team. You don't get to pick and choose. No broken links, if someone was being a ***thead non-team player they get kicked off the team and out the door.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:17 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Eventually, yes.

But people need to understand that it was the extreme position of #metoo that lead to a rational response.
Well... the behavior that led to the #MeToo movement got pretty extreme in some cases and went unchecked for a long time, so a strong counter-response is to be expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies