Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 02:34 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
The #MeToo movement is now blaming men for avoiding women at work and says it is "punishment."
Gosh, mixed messages from women. Who woulda thunk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 04:38 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Why would any prudent man drive himself to the store when he may get crashed into by someone not paying attention? Which, by the way, happens exponentially more frequently.

Life lived in fear of least common denominator punishes no one except the person living in fear.

Also, as you saw if you read further, that was hyperbole used to make a point. The same one I'm still having to make, so I admit it wasn't very effective.
I would drive myself to the store (knowing that an accident were possible) because I needed something from the store.

As my engine started, I would note that my "airbag" light illuminated briefly and then went out indicating that my airbag system was functioning normally.

I would then put my seat belt on and drive to the store.

If I am broadsided on the way to the store, a nice police officer will investigate what happened and issue citations accordingly.

If I believe I am being blamed for an accident that isn't my fault, I can contest the citation in court.

I won't lose my driving privilege because the other driver "must be believed."

Last edited by momonkey; 08-31-2019 at 05:34 PM..

Old 08-31-2019, 05:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am a 66-year-old woman and mostly retired, but I don't blame men even the slightest bit for this kind of reaction!

As I said, I am an old woman, and yet I find myself hesitating before I compliment a co-worker of either sex on a new haircut! Absolutely ridiculous what the working world has come to!!
When I was in the corporate world environment, women and men couldn't even be alone talking together in the breakroom with the door open. That was in the 90s. I assume things are even worse now.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:06 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
according to the original referenced article, 1 in 4 men won't be alone in a meeting with a woman and 1 in 5 men wouldn't hire a woman that would require close interaction with them.

I think the above numbers are low. I bet the real numbers are closer to 1 in 2 in both scenarios above.

Why would a man hire an employee (a woman) that could potentially ruin his career with a false accusation when he could easily hire another (a man) with no such potential problems instead? Human nature prioritizes self preservation.

My professional mentors were all men in my early career. this metoo movement has really made a huge mistake with this believe all women stance.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly1983 View Post
I have never not entered a lift with men in it, even strangers. But if a woman was uncomfortable, fine because she would be overpowered in that situation. Women are afraid of being raped and killed, in my eyes that is worse than anything some "snowflake millennial" as you put it, can throw at you. Especially when it's usually a he said/she said situation that goes nowhere legally.
Carly1983, maybe you should finish having this debate with yourself before attempting to have it with others.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The military experienced the "me too" type environment decades ago.

I ran into too many women looking be be offended over the slightest thing, or making it up if they had to, then complaining up the chain of command and accusing just about anyone, for anything as being sexist.

We had young non-com women, and female officers complaining that men were ogling them, or they'd became offended at the slightest joke, reference, or passing glance.

One funny incident, a bit off topic, but a visiting female officer caught glimpse of one Playboy magazine in a desk drawer. It was an all male shop, and they were deployed. She had the magazines tossed into the dumpster. Our CO made her personally go to the small store and repurchase those old Playboys, with new magazines, for the ones she threw away. Then she had to hand them to the men she took them from.

The point is, if she were a lowly non-com, she could go up the chain of command and force all magazines to be removed from any desk, no matter if there were ever any women in those areas at all.

It was just not worth my time to try and figure out if a woman was one of those looking to cause trouble, and she might potentially ruin my career. Or if she was just a normal person doing her job in a professional manner.

It was getting so bad, I finally decided that is was safest to just ignore military women. I could not be sure if they were a professional, or a nutcase. So I went out of my way to not interact with women. I even stopped making eye contact with them when walking down the street, or passing them in the halls. I would not interact with them unless I absolutely had to for work related matters.

The irony is breathtaking!

Playboy exploits young women by paying them huge sums of money to get their picture taken, so we can't have that in an organization that uses poorly paid young men as human landmine detectors.

Old 08-31-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Let’s be honest, a lot men push boundaries at the workplace. Women aren’t innocent in this matter either but it’s mainly instigated by men.
Men wear lipstick?

Men wear high heals?

Men wear short skirts?

Men wear push-up bras?

Old 09-01-2019, 05:51 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Most car accidents result in zero injury and THE PERSON AT FAULT IS TYPICALLY HELD ACCOUNTABLE
And most interactions between men and women end in zero injury as well. Many rapists are NEVER held accountable.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:34 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
A metoo allegation claims a life of a game developer. Feminist and sjws in journalism accused a game developer of unproven sexual allegation. The allegation forced the gaming company to fire the game developer. Therefore the developer kills himself.

https://youtu.be/NhF3JEvOVE8

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign...t-dies%3famp=1

Last edited by Checkmarkblue; 09-01-2019 at 07:02 AM..

Old 09-01-2019, 07:12 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Men wear lipstick?

Men wear high heals?

Men wear short skirts?

Men wear push-up bras?
Wearing lipstick is pushing a boundary?

Most women don't dress like strippers for work anyway but even if they did its not an invitation. This thinking is along the lines of she asked for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies