Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 05:20 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times

Advertisements

Feel free to ignore her and not watch her show.

OR

Ignore the bloviating of Hollywood in general and watch whatever you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 07:18 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
She's a mess-ing.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:25 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

So a black church puts this out, and she supports this. This is really pretty outrageous. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper with these people. I am mentally ill because they don't like how I vote.

I believe she has removed the tweet. Trump calls out Cummings saying his district has rats. That's racist. She supports the statement stating that black folk are mentally ill. That won't be racist.

What does it say about people when they divisively use race solely as a tool for political leverage? The sign sums it up. A black person voting for Trump is mentally ill. A white person voting for Trump is racist. This pastor's whole worldview is based on race. What a shame that he is someone's pastor.

We have white folk calling other white folk racists. We have black folk saying other black folk are mentally ill because of a vote. I'm confused - I thought racism was about whites against blacks... today, we have the races targeting their own people.

Is this REALLY racism? Or is it radical liberalism that is willing to grasp on to anything to get what they want politically?
Saying this again. If race does not matter, the endless number of discussions, threads, debates about segregation, integration and so forth would not exist. The thing is, we (meaning my race - black, as categorized by every government system in the nation) are very different from all others in this world. Throughout history, and present day, we are the only subservient, not technical, non science, arts, and a great many of us not really much invested in religion as a race. We are the only race of people who are viewed negatively by everyone else in every corner of the world. What does that feel like? It feels like being told to just go away the minute you show up anywhere. It's like biblical racism.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:00 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:

So a black church puts this out, and she supports this. This is really pretty outrageous. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper with these people. I am mentally ill because they don't like how I vote.

I believe she has removed the tweet. Trump calls out Cummings saying his district has rats. That's racist. She supports the statement stating that black folk are mentally ill. That won't be racist.

What does it say about people when they divisively use race solely as a tool for political leverage? The sign sums it up. A black person voting for Trump is mentally ill. A white person voting for Trump is racist. This pastor's whole worldview is based on race. What a shame that he is someone's pastor.

We have white folk calling other white folk racists. We have black folk saying other black folk are mentally ill because of a vote. I'm confused - I thought racism was about whites against blacks... today, we have the races targeting their own people.

Is this REALLY racism? Or is it radical liberalism that is willing to grasp on to anything to get what they want politically?

LOL at the church's board (if it actually occurred) and your reaction!

That was a funny board IMO and if we want to get clinical about it - racism is a mental health issue (people who are deeply racist typically are prone to anxiety, paranoia, and delusions). There are many black people who suffer from black inferiority complexes, also called "internalized racism." I personally feel that this is the biggest "issue" of black America as a demographic - internalized racism/black inferiority complex.

And because of that I agree with the sentiment that voting for a racist by a black person actually does indicate some mental health issues.

On the flip side, IMO any white people suffering from white supremacy adherence has mental health problems associated with them being a racist.

I don't think all people who vote for Trump fit these categories but I suspect many of them do. I also didn't feel that the comments Trump made about "rats" was racist - but Trump has exhibited that he's racist for decades and the idea that he's not is rather silly (delusional) to me lol.

FYI on black folk talking about each other - we always talk about each other in regards to these sorts of topics. I'm not a liberal and think a lot of liberals are racist BTW (they like to hide behind it by stating they are a liberal or Democrat and it makes me roll my eyes and place them in that "mental issue" category). Racism in America is based upon the socio-political history of our nation and so it is always "there" in our politics in particular in some way. Trump actually is a beacon or magnate for racism IMO.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:

Yes, you are confused.

Newsflash: Those of any race can be racist; most people know this.

Old 09-05-2019, 04:59 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Good on Whoopi for putting her foot down and stating... what should be obvious to everyone. The pushback against the tyranny of social justice continues.
There are plenty of countries that resort to mob violence for political gain. Elites like Messing have the means to go there if America's laws and electoral process doesn't suit her.
And it seems then Debra Messing got slammed for messing up. Sorry I couldn't resist for this name-game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKN6Gxhbgeo

Old 09-05-2019, 05:39 PM

1,226 posts, read 633,265 times
Silly Miss Messing is going to Tweet herself out of a job.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
A vote for anyone is mental illness.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:57 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Default Steve Levy to Debra Messing and the Left - I Didn't Vote for Trum in 2016. Now, I Will.

Quote:
I didn’t vote for Donald Trump for president in 2016 but I probably will in 2020.

It’s due in large part to the fascist antics and modus operandi of the left, including actress Debra Messing, of “Will and Grace” fame, who is seeking what amounts to a blacklist of Trump supporters. (Messing and her co-star, according to FoxNews.com, now claim that they weren't calling for a blacklist but rather wanted to bring attention to already-public information.)
Quote:
An election is a binary choice. Even if an independent-minded voter has reservations about Trump’s demeanor, there is far more to be concerned about with the intolerant, radical, anti-public safety and often anti-American forces seeking to displace him.

How ironic it would be if, on Election Day in November 2020, these Trump skeptics were pushed into his camp because of the McCarthy-like tactics of leftist elites like Messing and others who seek to destroy his supporters.
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/debr...016-steve-levy

There are a LOT of people like Steve Levy out there.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:49 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
The Left has basically lost it and "THEY" feel that it's OK for them to be fascist since Trump is clearly evil in their collective minds. Seriously, who would take an actor/actress seriously... They operate in a fantasy world and many do not have any "outside of Hollywood" experience in anything.

I don't know who will will the 2020 election, but I fear that the Left will totally loose it, if Trump is reelected. Instead of their silly tears, emotional break downs and threats of leaving the country, they will be embolden to act on political violence AND all these idiots in Hollywood will support these criminal acts of violence.

If these should happen, I seriously do not think the Right will simply allow themselves to be bullied and/or victimized by the Left and will resist violence with violence. I hope I'm wrong, but the Left is pushing the country into a crisis... That they cannot win.

I'm Center-Right and I do not want to see any policital violence or either a Far Left or a Far Right take over of the country. People need to think about the big picture before they attempt to Blacklist people for expressing the constitutionally protected rights. These McCarthy-ism type tactics are sick and serve no purpose than dividing the country.

How would these Hollywood elites feel if the average American would boycott them and harass their sponsors into dropping them? The simple and true answer is that they would hate it and feel targeted.

These people and most of America needs to wake up and wake up quickly before it's too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies