Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2019, 09:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
No, we have said something needs to be done, it's just not what you want done, so you claim that we haven't said that anything needs to be done.

False.

What gun haters want to do is infringe on people's inalienable right.

What "gun fanatics" want to do is focus on the deeper issues - which have been brought out to discuss, in many different ways - shooting incident or no shooting incident - but what we get from the left is "what does it matter to you" or "you wouldn't understand what it's like to be (fill in the blank)", or 'that's (fill in whatever 'ist' is the talking point of the day), or any other such ridiculous nonsense that is repeated ad nauseum.

There is definitely a problem in society, but the guns are not the problem.

When the left wants to have an actual conversation about PEOPLE not objects, then we can talk. We already have tried, the left doesn't want to listen. So, nothing gets done.
The argument I've heard from most people on the left is, 'If it saves just one life, it's worth it'.....an argument they never use when it comes to stopping illegals from entering the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 09:38 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
...what the hell is it with these white guys going on mass shooting sprees??
a black high school kid shot 9 random people at a high school football game in Alabama just last night.

It ain't only "white guys" going on mass shooting sprees. there is no major press about other shooters.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Aside from today's event, many people will be shot this weekend in Texas. It will not make national news.

Many people are also shot every weekend in Chicago. It does not make national news.

The obvious reason why today's event is making the national news is because it's a mass event with many victims in one event and one (or maybe two) shooters.

If there were a similar event in Chicago, it too, would make the national news.

Why that's so hard to understand, I know not.
You know what else didn't make the news for the left to foam at the mouth about?

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...football-game/

Quote:
At least 10 shot at Alabama high school football game

Mobile Police say at least 10 people have been shot at Ladd Peebles Stadium. Police say the age of those injured ranges from 15 to 18. Mobile Fire-Rescue confirms 10 people were transported to area hospitals. The five patients transported by MFRD were taken to the hospital in critical condition, but with non-life threatening injuries...

...Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste asks “Why are the young people bringing this type of violence to public events. They’re bringing their beefs that they have with each other in their neighborhoods and they’re putting other people in harm’s way. ” Chief Battiste and the Mobile Police Department has been advocating to prevent teen violence in the city.

“We’re going to have to be more aggressive on our end, the city, as to how we hold the individual accountable when they go before the courts. We have got to make sure they understand that we will not tolerate juvenile violence in our community,” says Chief Battiste...
I guess it didn't fit the narrative?

Where was the thread on here with pages and pages and pages of people blaming Trump and white supremacy for that mass shooting?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
No, we have said something needs to be done, it's just not what you want done, so you claim that we haven't said that anything needs to be done.

False.

What gun haters want to do is infringe on people's inalienable right.

What "gun fanatics" want to do is focus on the deeper issues - which have been brought out to discuss, in many different ways - shooting incident or no shooting incident - but what we get from the left is "what does it matter to you" or "you wouldn't understand what it's like to be (fill in the blank)", or 'that's (fill in whatever 'ist' is the talking point of the day), or any other such ridiculous nonsense that is repeated ad nauseum.

There is definitely a problem in society, but the guns are not the problem.

When the left wants to have an actual conversation about PEOPLE not objects, then we can talk. We already have tried, the left doesn't want to listen. So, nothing gets done.
The only solution from the right I've heard is more people in public, especially in large gatherings, need to be armed with guns, so the shooter can be brought under control fast without having to wait for police to arrive. But doing that does nothing about preventing the shooter from having a gun in the first place.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:41 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
a black high school kid shot 9 random people at a high school football game in Alabama just last night.

It ain't only "white guys" going on mass shooting sprees. there is no major press about other shooters.

Hey. This is the "white guy in Midland" shooting thread. Get your own "black kid in Alabama" thread.

#sarcoff

Old 08-31-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Where was the thread on here with pages and pages and pages of people blaming Trump and white supremacy for that mass shooting?

That thread is in the bin with the Dayton shooter thread.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:42 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The only solution from the right I've heard is more people in public need to get armed with guns, so the shooter can be brought under control fast without having to wait for police to arrive.
Except in this case, the police were there. They had pulled himm over and he shot a state trooper, then went on his spree.I'm also wondering why we have had two public shootings in Texas lately and not one good guy with a cop (not a LEO) managed to even get a shot off

Old 08-31-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Why aren’t second amendment fetishists celebrating this hero?

Maybe this perpetrator is not part of the militia.

#sarcoff

Old 08-31-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm also wondering why we have had two public shootings in Texas lately and not one good guy with a cop (not a LEO) managed to even get a shot off

You know this...how?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:46 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Guns...mental health...

These shootings continue, and honestly hard to feel 100% safe anymore anywhere.

Debates ensue, fingers are pointed. Left this, right that.

Action, but what? Cliche time - talk is cheap. I have no idea what the plate looks like, but somebody has to step up and attack this issue head on. I have no clue how to slow down or prevent mass shootings, none at all. What I do know is people just need to put their heads together instead of arguing about it.

This sh*t simply sucks, it does. Why the f*ck does this continue to occur with greater frequency? It feels like open season when I walk out the door. I'm going about my daily life, but the constant reminders of how dangerous this world is does cause fear to cross my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies