Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 10:40 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
It WAS the official forecast when it was issued lol.

His only point was that if the storm had stayed on that track it would probably have been altered the next day to include some small part of AL.

There is no crime in discussing the impact a storm could have had if it stayed/changed course.
What was the black line on there then? The National Hurricane Center never put that on there. Also it was an old forecast from days ago. When he issued the tweet every National Hurricane Center had the storm going way east like it IS doing.

FYI I am into meteorology and have seen more storms and tornadoes than most people on this planet. And know the inner workings of how it works. I even disagree with the National Weather service on many things. But this is beyond ridiculous and undermines them

Old 09-05-2019, 10:43 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Your restating the law does not in any way make your interpretation of that law correct.

Reread.

The law clearly references forecasts and warnings.

The altered map was neither a forecast nor a warning. It was a prop in a discussion of what might have happened in the past if certain conditions persisted.
Yeah I eventually got to the page where you previously asserted this. I then took a little break from the thread to find something to prove you wrong, but so far I haven't found anything written by an attorney that addresses this.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:44 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You're spinning like a Category 5, great job. Deal Leader would give you a gold star for the day.
Category 5, Kellyanne Conway level spinning. I'm beginning to think that "Blondy" might be an alias for old K.A.C. herself.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:44 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Keep trying. It is a lame excuse, but you can keep trying.

It is NOT the weather chart Trump was ever handed. Trump made up some BS, then tried to cover his butt by altering the weather chart he was given, and made a baldfaced lie about it on national TV.

ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS ADMIT THE MISTAKE, BUT IT'S JUST NOT IN HIM.

He assumes people are stupid, and he insults the intelligence of the people of this country with his lame excuses, and you fall for it.
That's the point. It wasn't going to go where president knucklehead thought it would go, no one predicted it, no one.

The guy has no filters. It was like yelling FIRE!! in a crowded theater. Trump just made it up and basically sent out an alarm to millions of people on his Twitter feed. Essentially he hoaxed the general public with a false hazard alert, then he adulterated an official weather chart to make it look like he wasn't lying, an act punishable by 90 days in jail.

If ISIS had done this punking of the citizens of Alabama, Trump and some senators and congressmen would be screaming for their heads.
No...…..he misspoke and included AL in a statement he made about where the storm might impact. Even CNN has reported there were maps that showed small AL impact. They bury at the bottom of the reports because they are dishonest.

In any case, for whatever reason Trump got that stuck in his head. Maybe he didn't pay attention to updates. Maybe its his issue with not being detail oriented. Who knows/who cares. The people who work for him immediately corrected it. No harm/no foul.

Then the lying lefist media started reporting that Trump doesn't know where AL is, Trump isn't really getting briefings, Trump has dementia, Trumps short term memory is gone, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Trump is at war with the media because they have declared all out war on him and their only agenda is to make sure he isn't re-elected.

He is not going to back down. And you are wasting your time if you expect him to. He is going to engage in a full frontal assault every time they slander him and especially when they take a molehill and blow it up to slander him.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
No spin.

He did not issue a forecast with an altered map.

Nothing illegal.

If you want to criticize him criticize him for the appropriate thing.
The issue really isn't that he misspoke or the altering of the map, per se. Its his total inability to admit to even the slightest, most insignificant mistake. Rather than act like an adult and just say, "I misspoke. It is not going to hit Alabama," he intentionally and clumdily misled the American public to cover up his minor gaffe.

His consistent inability to do anything but lie and attack others when he makes an error contnues to eviscerate whatever credibility he and the White House may have left. Moreover, it makes me concerned about his judgment generally. I don't feel comfortable with someone whose judgment is so poor making important decisions for our country.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Category 5, Kellyanne Conway level spinning. I'm beginning to think that "Blondy" might be an alias for old K.A.C. herself.
Yep...….that's me. A sleeper put here in 2013 just to troll you.

Get a grip lol.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The issue really isn't that he misspoke or the altering of the map, per se. Its his total inability to admit to even the slightest, most insignificant mistake. Rather than act like an adult and just say, "I misspoke. It is not going to hit Alabama," he intentionally and clumdily misled the American public to cover up his minor gaffe.

His consistent inability to do anything but lie and attack others when he makes an error contnues to eviscerate whatever credibility he and the White House may have left. Moreover, it makes me concerned about his judgment generally. I don't feel comfortable with someone whose judgment is so poor making important decisions for our country.
Yes I can understand why that frustrates you.

But then you aren't concerned that the press is lying to you constantly with an agenda to either unseat a duly elected president or prevent his re-election.

Read my previous post. We were prob typing at the same time.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:51 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
What was the black line on there then? The National Hurricane Center never put that on there. Also it was an old forecast from days ago. When he issued the tweet every National Hurricane Center had the storm going way east like it IS doing.

FYI I am into meteorology and have seen more storms and tornadoes than most people on this planet. And know the inner workings of how it works. I even disagree with the National Weather service on many things. But this is beyond ridiculous and undermines them
If I'm understanding Blondy correctly, part or all of her point is that Trump didn't violate the law (US Code 18 2074) because what Trump was handling was at that point only considered a map, not a forecast, because it wasn't the current forecast.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:53 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
If I'm understanding Blondy correctly, part or all of her point is that Trump didn't violate the law (US Code 18 2074) because what Trump was handling was at that point only considered a map, not a forecast, because it wasn't the current forecast.
who cares.. The point is he can't admit wrong and throws other under the bus. He's like that little kid who pushes a kid in the mud and blames someone else when everyone else saw it

Old 09-05-2019, 11:04 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Yes I can understand why that frustrates you.

But then you aren't concerned that the press is lying to you constantly with an agenda to either unseat a duly elected president or prevent his re-election.

Read my previous post. We were prob typing at the same time.
If you have a problem with the press, start a topic on the press. This topic is about Trump clearly saying the hurricane will hit Alabama, the National Weather Service rightfully correcting him, and his totally inappropriate response (calling the NWS "phony" and clumsily doctoring a map with a Sharpie) rather than being candid and straightforward with the American people. Given his history of being untruthful with Americans, how can we ever believe what he says?

Time and time again, Trump simply refuses to act like an adult, instead showing us how life imitates art by becoming the living breathing embodiment of fairy tales like The Emperor's New Clothes and The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Given the import of his responsibilities as President, that should concern all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies