Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 07:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by despitebeing13percent View Post
Men are less likely to be ruled by externalities that are designed to generate an emotional response. In short, men are driven by logic more so than women. Allowing women to vote was the beginning of the end for western civilization, as they are happy to vote against their own countrymen's best interests simply because it makes them feel good about themselves.
wow, your post is offensive. You are ASSuming that most women vote based on emotion, meaning they vote Democrat. I'm a woman, I do vote Republican because my beliefs align with R's more and because Democrat beliefs are backward and unrealistic and truthfully they are a negative bunch.

So what makes you an expert anyway? My 84 yo uncle thinks like you and he is a very lonely man.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:44 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,695 times
Democrats: White Christian Heterosexual Males are the scourge of all that is good and just. They are responsible for all evils of the world past, present and, future. We will allow any attack on them not only to go unpunished but, to be encouraged, while claiming we are the tolerant ones the whole time.

Also Democrats: Why don't White Christian Heterosexual Males vote for us?

Old 09-19-2019, 08:50 PM

412 posts, read 145,524 times
Why does anyone vote democrat

Old 09-19-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Many men vote Republican on the fantasy that GOP policies will someday allow them to hit it big and be the top dog when in reality very few of them ever see this happen and most see GOP policies actually hurting them.

The Joe the Plumber types have this perpetual fantasy that keeps them voting R.
Actually, I run a business but it was when Obama was president that I was being raped of money yet I am not rich but he had you believing I was because you don't know the difference between wealth and high income. In other words you are a parrot rather than have true knowledge through experience.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Many men vote Republican on the fantasy that GOP policies will someday allow them to hit it big and be the top dog when in reality very few of them ever see this happen and most see GOP policies actually hurting them.

The Joe the Plumber types have this perpetual fantasy that keeps them voting R.
It is better to be high net worth than high income because it's policies like Obama's who lie to gain your support for taking money from the little guy who is trying to grow their wealth but is not rich yet.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:07 PM

The Joe the Plumber types who take the risk, vote R because they must vote with reality in mind. They can't afford to vote, run their business and live life based on emotion or they'll go out of business. They have a better understanding of money than someone who punches a time clock.

Do you really believe that the rich vote Democrat because they care about you? LOL

Old 09-20-2019, 05:43 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Probably because most men lack emotion and make all their decisions based on logic and facts.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:12 AM

1,579 posts, read 950,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Probably because most men lack emotion and make all their decisions based on logic and facts.
I know I’m whipping out the Star Trek references a lot this morning but most men seem to be more like Kirk or McCoy, not Spock. Men are just as emotional as women. Men are sad when loved ones die. Angry when a jerk cuts them off in traffic. Happy to go on vacation. Proud when their kids go off to college. Etc, etc. I find it laughable to think that men are somehow like robots.

Besides, Spock was a liberal with his, “Needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few,” talk.

As it was pointed out in the beginning of this thread, the title of this thread is a fallacy . Men vote equally for Democrats and Republicans. Women are the ones that seem to have a favored party as they vote more for Democrats. I find it funny that with all this talk of logic in this thread very few have even noticed that the whole concept of this thread is based on a logical fallacy. That being if women vote more for Democrats then men must vote more for Republicans. Isn’t that the same as saying something like if cats prefer meat then dogs must be vegetarian?

Last edited by WalkingLiberty1919D; 09-20-2019 at 06:42 AM..

Old 09-20-2019, 06:19 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I 100% agree when the individuals in question are not in a position of power where their blatant hatred of white males might impact my life.

In this case elected reps absolutely have the ability to impact my life and if their rhetoric is anti-male, anti-white, anti-private ownership, etc. Then I can not support them, because to do so would be voting for things potentially harmful to me.

It isn't insecure to not trust a group in powerful positions that openly demonize you, your gender or your race.

I'm a white male and I never cared what individuals felt about me. I do care when hatred is being institutionalized against me and the democrat party is doing just that.

Imagine the outrage if Trump said "There are too many people of color in DC." Or if he said "There are too many old black men in congress." Or if the GOP had a bunch of members saying "The problem with this country is that it has allowed women to make the decisions for too long." These are statements members of the democrat party have been making about white males. Making and not being chastised by anyone.

Nope, No way can I vote for a party that is so openly racist, sexist and biased against older men. Oh wait I know. Only if they are old white men.

I haven't seen any one post a reason why I should over look the democrat rhetoric against old white males and vote for them anyway.
White male here. They’re not against you, they’re just looking for other groups to be equally represented and on equal footing. That’s typically not the case. Democrats in general are not against you, but the people that tend to make decisions on behalf of the underrepresented groups tend to be white males.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:53 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
White male here. They’re not against you, they’re just looking for other groups to be equally represented and on equal footing. That’s typically not the case. Democrats in general are not against you, but the people that tend to make decisions on behalf of the underrepresented groups tend to be white males.
No, Democrats are pretty clearly against white men. They blame every societal problem on "evil" white men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies