Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 10:30 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkuR5-iKuLo

AOC is the thought leader of the Democrat party.
I absolutely adore this woman. She is perfect as the thought leader of the Democrat Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 11:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkuR5-iKuLo

No. She's not any kind of 'thought leader'. AOC is nothing but just another junior Representative who sought attention and got some.

She's just on the other side of the aisle from Michelle Bachmann, who was just like her.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:

I heard that after hearing that the Lebanese were attacked, AOC tweeted her support for the Lebanese and the entire LGBTQ+ community.

Hezbollah and Israel exchange fire on Lebanese border after days of tension

Old 09-02-2019, 06:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Lightbulb Shallow Thoughts with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Any y'all ever notice?

Pubs' big strategy for the past quarter century or so:

Pick out a Dem woman to hate on and pound that message of hatred via Fox News and hate radio.

Hillary
Pelosi
Michelle Obama
AOC

Nowadays, they can add Omar, Tlaib, and Pressley to make thier squad of hate objects.

Hating Dem women is the GOP's go-to move.

It ain't called hate radio for nothin'.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:18 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times
I’ll guarantee that most climate deniers on here have not even read a book or article from a reputable source on the severity of man-made global warming. They probably hear small bits of information from the media but have not looked more into it and let it sink in on how much trouble we’re in. I remember I used to be like that too generally ignoring the topic. I didn’t outright deny it because I followed current events but I didn’t look deeper into the problem. Once you do that, then it becomes an eye opener.

Hey OP, I notice you like Youtube. Check out Potholer54.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:52 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Any y'all ever notice?

Pubs' big strategy for the past quarter century or so:

Pick out a Dem woman to hate on and pound that message of hatred via Fox News and hate radio.

Hillary
Pelosi
Michelle Obama
AOC

Nowadays, they can add Omar, Tlaib, and Pressley to make thier squad of hate objects.

Hating Dem women is the GOP's go-to move.

It ain't called hate radio for nothin'.

As loathsome as the Republicans are, and as obvious as their strategy is for their functionally illiterate voting base, it works, and it works because of their even larger strategy of the Dumbing Down of America.

Republicans: Making America Dumb Again.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:59 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I’ll guarantee that most climate deniers on here have not even read a book or article from a reputable source on the severity of man-made global warming. They probably hear small bits of information from the media but have not looked more into it and let it sink in on how much trouble we’re in. I remember I used to be like that too generally ignoring the topic. I didn’t outright deny it because I followed current events but I didn’t look deeper into the problem. Once you do that, then it becomes an eye opener.
Not only that, but the disinformation surrounding the science of climate change is fierce. How many times do the scientifically illiterate start bleating about raising your taxes? They feel comfortable with an economic conspiracy argument, because they know absolutely nothing about science.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
As loathsome as the Republicans are, and as obvious as their strategy is for their functionally illiterate voting base, it works, and it works because of their even larger strategy of the Dumbing Down of America.

Republicans: Making America Dumb Again.
My bet is that this "ascendancy of the dotards" is past its peak.

A mere speed bump in the history of America.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:09 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
I, for one, really appreciate AOC. She doesn't represent me, our democrats out here are much more centrist. But boy, for a freshmen rep with very little power, she occupies the mind and attack efforts of the far right jerks of the world in a way few others could. Confident, assertive young women of color are clearly their achilles heel. They fall apart into a blathering puddle of bile in the presence of such women. Let's the rest of us behave like normal dems without much focus on spinning our reasonable policies as pinko commie fodder.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
What do you say to the scientists around the world who believe in man made global warming?
Are you going to accuse them of being "Democrats" too?

They are too stupid to believe the scientists when Alex jones can give them all the science they need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies