Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 04:21 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times

Advertisements

Chinese economy is fake to the point there will be immediate mayhem in the global world without made in China products. It is not just USA, Chinese pretty much dominate markets around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 04:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
They don't have to be made in the US in order to not be made in China.

Some things can be produced in other Asian countries and some can be made in America.

Nothing should be imported from China.
So now you want to give millions to Muslims (Indonesia, etc.) or to TRUE Communists (Vietnam) and that is somehow meaningful?

Of course, you don't mention that we would STILL have the trade deficits......and still be out the American jobs and everything else.

It seems like the "strategy" now is "I dislike the Chinese because Orange man told me to even tho he gets all his stuff made there"

That does not appear well thought out.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:29 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So now you want to give millions to Muslims (Indonesia, etc.) or to TRUE Communists (Vietnam) and that is somehow meaningful?

Of course, you don't mention that we would STILL have the trade deficits......and still be out the American jobs and everything else.

It seems like the "strategy" now is "I dislike the Chinese because Orange man told me to even tho he gets all his stuff made there"

That does not appear well thought out.
Who said all that crap?

Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, et. al., are friendly to the US and great places to do business.

Why would you want to help build-up the Chinese military?

Old 09-02-2019, 06:13 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
False argument. The vast majority of American companies who have moved manufacturing offshore HAVE NOT passed on the savings to the consumer in the form of lower prices ... they have pocketed those savings.
You have some data to back that up?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Who said all that crap?

Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Philippines, Taiwan, et. al., are friendly to the US and great places to do business.

Why would you want to help build-up the Chinese military?
Vietnam and that 'hellhole for workers' Bangladesh are the big winners in moving production. It generally will NOT go to countries that are typically more expensive than China, not how things work. Harley-Davidson recently moved production to Thailand, of course, from the USA.

The question remains: Why would -Trump- want to help build-up the Chinese military?

Trump is still producing there, and he just recently nailed new Chinese trademarks for himself and Ivanka. The hypocrisy is astonishing.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:32 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
If you take down China, you will probably take down the US with it. The two countries are economically joined at the hip.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2019, 12:02 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,361,298 times
You could largely say the same thing regarding the US economic statistics as well, just to lesser degree...

Old 09-03-2019, 12:08 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Their economy is a sham.

They have significant internal social and demographic tensions and unrest.

The trade war really is adding to all their internal pressures on the party.

In short I predict that we will be in conflict with them in the near future if things continue on this course. It's almost inevitable.

Right. They don't attack Taiwan. They don't attack Japan. They don't attack Vietnam. All countries they have beef with.

But they go and cross the Pacific to attack us - their important trade partners.

Make sense.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:18 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I happened to run into this most fascinating interview with a Chinese exile had never heard of. Between printing money and using the Bank of China Hong Kong as a money laundering tool, you can't believe any numbers coming out of China. CCP runs everything. His closing comments: bad things are headed for you and you're too naive to understand.

I don't get the point of post like this - there is nothing we don't already know that's in the video.

We KNOW China has been faking the numbers. That doesn't mean they aren't growing, they just post bad data.

We KNOW they've been laundering money. Key facts: you can't launder money if you don't have money. The fact that they're doing it means there are lots of people with lots of money, and they have to launder some of it.

Again. I don't see a point to this post other than, "Hey, let me post something we already know!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
you're too naive to understand.
I believe this is the only part that is of any relevance. Some people are too naive to understand China. Especially those on the Right.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:17 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Because sometimes you don't get to pick who attacks you.

I predict china will attack us at some point in the future.
Sure. If the US interfere in Taiwan by sending military personnel there, or send navy ships there, and china attacks Taiwan and the US help defend Taiwan...sure China will attack the US. But can you blame them? It’s like if Britain decided to help the South during the US Civil War. Shouldn’t the North defend its sovereignty by attacking British ships?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies