Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 07:01 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forum_browser View Post
I imagine the ancaps see it as a violation of the non-aggression principle. You can ask them. They are all over this board.
What the heck is an "ancap"? Is that something like an incell?

Old 09-02-2019, 07:02 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
You would benefit like everyone else from less immigration and population growth, and the growing Hispanic minority group sucking up affirmative action and all the favor of the government and others. You benefit in general from America not being turned into a latin American like craphole,

But I have to say you are taking a very ethnocentric and selfish stance. I could ask the same question of how do I benefit from the new ways of doing things? Not everything that's beneficial for society as whole is personally beneficial.
I'm ethnocentric? You are the one being ethnocentric. You are the one who views things in terms of "Look out for Whites first".

And the "craphole" you speak of, Black Americans were subjected to crap hole conditions from the very moment they were brought to this country. Blacks didn't even have a say in whether or not they wanted to be here. And Hispanic immigrants have been coming here before affirmative action was ever established. And I bet you're against affirmative action.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not semantics at all. Yes, I support people's right to be racist. I also support their right to be stupid.

I condemn racism for any reason whatsoever.

I hate certain kinds of music but support your right to listen to any music you choose.

You cannot legislate morality.
No but you shouldn't be able to refuse business based on race or sexuality. Plain and simple. I'm fine with refusing business, but based on race and sexuality is plain discrimination and in a post-race world shouldn't be tolerated. Why do you support store owners being racist?

Old 09-02-2019, 07:07 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm ethnocentric? You are the one being ethnocentric. You are the one who views things in terms of "Look out for Whites first".

And the "craphole" you speak of, Black Americans were subjected to crap hole conditions from the very moment they were brought to this country. Blacks didn't even have a say in whether or not they wanted to be here. And Hispanic immigrants have been coming here before affirmative action was ever established. And I bet you're against affirmative action.
I learned that it is a necessity from non-whites' ethno-centrism and their imposition and scapegoating. They've permanently burned up all good will.

If anyone doesn't want to be here or wants to dictate any terms to white persons, they are free to leave. I insist that they do.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
You would benefit like everyone else from less immigration and population growth, and the growing Hispanic minority group sucking up affirmative action and all the favor of the government and others. You benefit in general from America not being turned into a latin American like craphole,

But I have to say you are taking a very ethnocentric and selfish stance. I could ask the same question of how do I benefit from the new ways of doing things? Not everything that's beneficial for society as whole is personally beneficial.
You just don't like Latin Americans and you are racist to Hispanics. This turning back the clock is irrelevant to Hispanics, yet you think it will. You are categorically wrong and proved yourself to be a racist. How isnt this post anything but?

Old 09-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No but you shouldn't be able to refuse business based on race or sexuality. Plain and simple. I'm fine with refusing business, but based on race and sexuality is plain discrimination and in a post-race world shouldn't be tolerated. Why do you support store owners being racist?
I am not okay with refusing service based on race/sexuality. There are people who want to see that kind of discrimination come back. One reason I'm in favor of suing such businesses. Making the price for racial discrimination too high for anyone to want to try it.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:12 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
I'm a firm believer that businesses that discriminate need to be stomped out, permanently. A venue like that needs to be more than boycotted. There will still be people who go to it. A venue like that needs to be sued into the ground. Yes, I would be in favor of you opening another venue. I am also in favor of the place that discriminates sued into oblivion, to the point that it can never operate again.
Why would you want to force someone to cater, for example a wedding if that are personally opposed to the couple for whatever reason? Speaking for myself there is no way in hell I am eating food prepared by someone I know that hates white people. I am suspecting copious amounts of hockers in the mashed potatoes. Don't say it doesn't happen.. I caught Filipinos doing it when I was in the service.

I believe in freedom. Would you want a doctor to treat you that was openly racist? What about if he just didn't make it public? Remember he is forced to treat you or else.. Yeah I would have to take a pass on that doc in favor of one that is ok with me.

I assume that you also feel that most asian restaurants should be sued into oblivion because they absolutely discriminate in their hiring practices. What are the odds that in a town where asians account for less than .05% of the population that they could only find Asians to work in their restaurant?

Me I am extremely dubious of the American system of suing for anything and everything that happens. The one thing I agree with the Russians on, "The start of any good revolution is to kill the Lawyers first."

Old 09-02-2019, 07:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You just don't like Latin Americans and you are racist to Hispanics. This turning back the clock is irrelevant to Hispanics, yet you think it will. You are categorically wrong and proved yourself to be a racist. How isnt this post anything but?
I don't like their illegal entry and presence, their imposition of their culture and lack of assimilation, their voting for democrats, their ethnocentrism, the displacement of American workers, receiving welfare, getting affirmative action because they're not as bright etc. I see it just the opposite. I see it as "racist" to impose a foreign people and culture on Americans.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I learned that it is a necessity from non-whites' ethno-centrism and their imposition and scapegoating. They've permanently burned up all good will.

If anyone doesn't want to be here or wants to dictate any terms to white persons, they are free to leave. I insist that they do.
What "good will"? America came out of slavery kicking and screaming. Civil rights and making sure ALL citizens get the same rights and are treated the same regardless of race, that took force, that took Black people fighting back. There wasn't much good will. I've learned that there are individuals who would love to see the days of Jim Crow and bigotry come back. I've learned that while there are many decent individuals out there, it takes force. Maybe "non white ethnocentrism" came as a response to how non-Whites, especially Blacks, were treated throughout history. Maybe it's a protective measure to keep those old ways from coming back.

Old 09-02-2019, 07:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
I am not okay with refusing service based on race/sexuality. There are people who want to see that kind of discrimination come back. One reason I'm in favor of suing such businesses. Making the price for racial discrimination too high for anyone to want to try it.
I AM okay with it. Not because I personally agree with such bigotry or narrow minded thinking or even worse the idea of one race being superior to another, because I absolutely dont agree with it. I believe in the personal freedom to be an ignorant piece of trash if that is your choice.

In the case of business, the free market will settle that hash eventually. Until then I like to know who the bigots are so I can more easily avoid them.

I said it before and will again. Forcing people to violate their personal beliefs will not deliver the desired results, but it will deliver spite and division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies