Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 03:09 AM

27,155 posts, read 13,444,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Nobody said ban all guns, just follow Australia's example....Does one really need a semi-auto for hunting? Canadians have guns, for hunting, not protection...Australians have guns as well....

So does the UK and European countries.

I somehow thing action might be a better option than relying on prayers, indeed America has been praying after every gun massacre and it doesn't seem to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 03:10 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
The tell me why it worked so well in Australia?

We're not Australia.

It's not 1996.

Australia didn't have over 300 million guns already in circulation.

Australia doesn't have a 2nd amendment.

Any more stupid questions?

Old 09-03-2019, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Except cars are made for transportation where as guns are made for killing....and some guns are more effective at killing than others. You're not going to get the same effect with a hand gun as compared to an automatic firearm.

Guns are a tool just like cars are. They are used in the manner that their owners choose to use them.

Murder is Illegal regardless of what tool is used, just like drunk driving is Illegal regardless if you are driving a Chevy Pickup or a Lamborghini......or a tractor for that matter.

Automatic firearms are already banned in America unless you have special, hard to get permits or the weapon was made before 1986, most all of which are in the hands of collectors and cost a fortune when they do come up for sale.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Or like banning nuclear weapons from certain countries....oh wait!

Good point.....

Maybe we should ban all guns from convicted felons....

Oh, wait!

Old 09-03-2019, 03:40 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,468,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Now, I know that leftists like to mock prayer and those who pray, but do tell us what gun control measure either being pushed by Democrats or that have a prayer of passing would have prevented this shooting?
This wasn`t our first mass shooting. Those who oppose any and all suggested gun regulations share moral responsibility for this mass shooting and the next and the next one after that. I would suggest to the gun, criminal and terrorist lobby that they print some new bumper stickers for their membership.

Body Counts Don`t Matter

Old 09-03-2019, 03:44 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Prayers for SEN McConnell to stop sitting on his thumb and enjoying it and do something before he or his family or someone more important at the WH isn't hurt before something is actually done. I'm absolutely positive if Qusay or Uday or his Princess Daughter, autistic son, or trophy wife were injured, Trumpy would do something immediately.
What about Tiffany ?

Old 09-03-2019, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
What you say isn't wrong.

I live in a Buddhist majority country. By majority it is about 90% of the native population. My friend is a psychologist, also an ex-pat like I am. He is also profoundly liberal although he claims that he is only progressive...

He never misses an opportunity to make fun of Buddhists, their beliefs or their ceremonies. He hates all religions . His wife like mine is a devout Buddhist. They do their weekend Temple runs. I normally stay home, but my friend always goes. He then comes back and mocks the entire event.

I asked him why he married a devout Buddhist if he has such a problem with it?

Further evidence of his psychosis is that he is a devout Patriots fan. At least in his defense he is consistent. He condemns Muslims and Christians equally, unlike many on this forum whom seem to think that Muslims should be a protected class.
LOL.

Old 09-03-2019, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm catholic but prayers mean nothing. So yes, I roll my eyes at politicians who send their prayers.
Do your relatives know you feel that way ?

Old 09-03-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Nobody said ban all guns, just follow Australia's example....Does one really need a semi-auto for hunting? Canadians have guns, for hunting, not protection...Australians have guns as well....
The U.S. has a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:21 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,569,634 times
We already have 22,000 restrictive gun laws. All are infringements on our Natural Rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies