Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 09:23 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
So you are offended because you feel that super sensitive people are being coddled and that goes against a core value of yours? You feel that fairness is being violated?
Supersensitive people are not just being coddled they dictate new social norms. I hate sterile environments.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Hmmm

Surely you're not arguing that straight white males are not the least oppressed sub-group in this nation.

Straight white males have had a stranglehold on positions of power, both politically and economically, since this country was founded.

I mean, it's simply fact. That's not an argument as to whether that fact is "good" or "bad", it's simply an acknowledgement of reality.

And to the poster who repped me with the comment of "Black men have the highest prison rates, you're welcome" - I'm not sure what your point is in relation to my earlier post. Yes, blacks have the highest prison rates. How does that relate to my comment that I (and others like me) am not oppressed?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:26 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Surely you're not arguing that straight white males are not the least oppressed sub-group in this nation.

Straight white males have had a stranglehold on positions of power, both politically and economically, since this country was founded.

I mean, it's simply fact. That's not an argument as to whether that fact is "good" or "bad", it's simply an acknowledgement of reality.

And to the poster who repped me with the comment of "Black men have the highest prison rates, you're welcome" - I'm not sure what your point is in relation to my earlier post. Yes, blacks have the highest prison rates. How does that relate to my comment that I (and others like me) am not oppressed?
Maybe he specified the gender the refute the narrative of Male privilege???

Old 09-03-2019, 09:30 AM

15,848 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Supersensitive people are not just being coddled they dictate new social norms. I hate sterile environments.
Is that a yes to my questions? What do you see as the "new social norms"? What are the "old social norms"? Is there something specific you are referring to such as same-sex marriage? I personally don't see that happening but I'm the type of person that speaks my truth no matter the social fallout. If someone makes a good point or a reasonable request I'll change my mind and stop saying certain things. For example, I have a friend that doesn't use cuss words so I refrain while in her presence. I have another friend that every other word is the F word so I let it fly around her. For the record, I like cuss words.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Maybe he specified the gender the refute the narrative of Male privilege???

How do you know the poster was a man? Sexist!

Maybe the poster did intend that, but it's not much of a refutation of privilege.

Can you clarify what you meant with your "Hmmm" post in reply to my earlier posting now?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:31 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I can't imagine there are many places in the U.S. like that, outside of crime-ridden ghettos.
Really?

Do you lock your doors and windows? Do you secure your home, your car, your belongings?
Do you walk outside of your immediate neighborhood alone at night?
Do you pay taxes to support police protection?
Do the schools and other public buildings have locked doors, security guards, and metal detectors?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:32 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:

Straight white males are not a collective. Positions of power was not distributed among straight white males, it was and it remains a matter of you belonging to this or that bloodline, male or female, it is not a matter of you having male sex attributes. Overwhelming majority of straight white males was and remains powerless if not disposable.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:33 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times
Quote:
How do you know the poster was a man? Sexist!

Maybe the poster did intend that, but it's not much of a refutation of privilege.

Can you clarify what you meant with your "Hmmm" post in reply to my earlier posting now?
My hmmm basically went questioning the identarian narrative

And I want to know, do you personally believe that "men" are privileged by any means???

Old 09-03-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Straight white males are not a collective.

I never said they were.

Quote:
Positions of power was not distributed among straight white males, it was and it remains a matter of you belonging to this or that bloodline, male or female, it is not a matter of you having male sex attributes.

I never made that claim, either. Again, I'm simply recognizing reality. Also, we tend to act in our own self-interest more often than not, so having nearly exclusively straight white men in all positions of power leads to environments that encourage more of the same, on the whole.

Quote:
Overwhelming majority of straight white males was and remains powerless if not disposable.

The majority of EVERYONE remains powerless (in the grand scheme). If everyone had it, it wouldn't really be power, would it? What's your point?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
My hmmm basically went questioning the identarian narrative

I have no idea what an "identarian narrative" means.

Quote:
And I want to know, do you personally believe that "men" are privileged by any means???
Sure I do. Do you not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies