Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 05:53 PM

1,045 posts, read 759,397 times

Advertisements

There's no comparing America with any country in Europe or anywhere else. It's just too different.

If Trump wins again, I'm outta here. Seriously. I can't take 4 more years of that circus.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:43 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
There's no comparing America with any country in Europe or anywhere else. It's just too different.

If Trump wins again, I'm outta here. Seriously. I can't take 4 more years of that circus.
Say hi to Cher for us.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-donald-trump

Old 09-09-2019, 12:26 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
yeah that's kinda how I'm feeling if we get a Demo in there next time around. They'll be printing up tons of money to support the give away's planned by most of them along with opening the borders wide open and allowing the flood which will make the homeless situation we already have look like peanuts. Let's hope it goes the right way which isn't rocking the boat a ton

Old 09-09-2019, 09:24 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
We have some friends in England, they are among the happiest people we know, but they lead an entirely different lifestyle. They walk to the pub to play darts in the evening, on Sunday they have a community potluck, they own a TV but it's probably 15 years old and buying a new one is clearly not a priority. They live in an older row house, but they don't seem to obsess about buying a 4k sq ft house in the suburbs. They still take casseroles to their homebound neighbors and watch out for each other's children.

On the other hand, we have been so successfully manipulated into believing that consumerism is "the American way" that we salivate like Pavlov's dogs when tempted with a new phone, TV or car.
My husband is from UK and he gave up his citizenship. That goes to show you what’s his choice. He is. It even materialistic. Too much of what you wrote is propaganda. If you dont like USA, apply for citizenship there.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:17 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post

Good grief, I dare you to. With all due respect, if politics (or a politician) bother you enough to make that statement, even in jest, you need a new hobby.

Seriously, how much effect on your day to day life has Trump, Obama, Bush, etc, had? Except for the obvious angst.

Old 09-10-2019, 07:03 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post
Good grief, I dare you to. With all due respect, if politics (or a politician) bother you enough to make that statement, even in jest, you need a new hobby.
I share Screenwriter's sentiments, as nearly everyone else I know IRL does.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I share Screenwriter's sentiments, as nearly everyone else I know IRL does.
Wow, I feel bad for you all if that’s truly the case.

While I’m certainly no fan of Trump (or any politician for that matter), I would never in a million years let anyone, especially someone I have no contact with whatsoever in my day to day life, bother me that much. Let the anger go and get out and enjoy life. The stress that this angst is causing you is not healthy at all.

Old 09-11-2019, 01:34 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,546,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSoup View Post

Seriously, how much effect on your day to day life has Trump, Obama, Bush, etc, had? Except for the obvious angst.
Funny, I've never seen you chastise these right-wing pricks who say the same thing about "liberals" and "moving out of California" with as much gusto as you unleashed on Screenwriter70.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Funny, I've never seen you chastise these right-wing pricks who say the same thing about "liberals" and "moving out of California" with as much gusto as you unleashed on Screenwriter70.
Such class. You’ve probably never seen me chastise them because I stay out of politics. Out of curiosity did you go through all my posts to confirm this? I feel like I have? Believe me, if Hilary won and people made the same ridiculous statement about moving out of the country I’d clown on them too.

Sorry, but for me, and a great many others, it’s not a liberal vs. conservative thing. The overwhelming majority of Americans share values from both parties and are right in the middle of the road, just a bit more to the left or right overall. I’ve voted (and continue to) for both parties at all levels. If I don’t know/care much for a candidate I leave that box blank.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:18 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
My husband is from UK and he gave up his citizenship. That goes to show you what’s his choice. He is. It even materialistic. Too much of what you wrote is propaganda. If you dont like USA, apply for citizenship there.
Propaganda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies