Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 10:43 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,776,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I guess that would mean you must think that the 17 month old child that was injured should have been packing a weapon.
No c'mon, get serious.....but if her adult guardians had been carrying, there may have been some chance that she would have lived, Think, man, think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 11:41 PM

19,148 posts, read 16,542,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
No c'mon, get serious.....but if her adult guardians had been carrying, there may have been some chance that she would have lived, Think, man, think!
What? Did you even read or see the news story? They were riding in a car and when the shooting started, the mother climbed into the back seat to cover the children. She didn't even know anyone had been shot until she looked over and saw her little girl covered in blood. They were in a moving car. They weren't out on the street somewhere.

Old 09-03-2019, 11:49 PM

19,540 posts, read 22,428,274 times
Good business decision by Wally-World. Let the low-life's pile into the Dollar General now. Maybe they will sell ammo, lol.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:19 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,078,048 times
Walmart’s decision is not going to save any lives nor will it stop any madman from carrying out and doing exactly what he set out to do . Millions of people own all kinds of guns yet only a few nut jobs go on these rampages. Occasionally some disgruntled employee goes and shoots a bunch of coworkers with a gun he already owned for years. Restrictions on ammo or types of guns isn’t going to stop anything.

Old 09-04-2019, 03:42 AM

23,559 posts, read 13,773,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
What, you mean like a gunfight at the ok corral? This last shooting that happened, people were shot while driving their car. Didn't even see it coming. I know you mean well and in some circumstances, yes, having a gun is beneficial - like if someone breaks into your home - but when you're out in public and it's random, that's not something even the average citizen (like me) can manage. Besides, I'd be too afraid my bullet would pass through the gunman and hit someone else. I've managed to get through life without a gun. At my age, a stroke or heart attack is more likely to take me out than the bullet of a madman. I do fear for the younger generation, though.
That's why one would use hollow points to reduce the chance of the round exiting the person and flying into the next.

That's why I practice relentlessly so I don't miss........and I am an advocate for no restriction of ammo so I am able to practice.

As to the average citizen, on one side of the coin, okay, so I may be above average, with training, experience, and degrees in the security world that many people don't have. But on the other side of the coin, with a population of millions where a bell curve is being applied.......just how many people like me does one think there are walking around?

As far as not seeing it coming, well, A and B. A: That's the full combat suite, where everything is tied into the fighting me. Offensive, defensive, support, camouflage, evasive, instinct, everything. Gun, hand to hand, moves, tactics, everything. B: And if fate still somehow gets past all that and gets me.......Well, sometimes the dragon wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Walmart’s decision is not going to save any lives nor will it stop any madman from carrying out and doing exactly what he set out to do . Millions of people own all kinds of guns yet only a few nut jobs go on these rampages. Occasionally some disgruntled employee goes and shoots a bunch of coworkers with a gun he already owned for years. Restrictions on ammo or types of guns isn’t going to stop anything.
Reminds me of what I told a co worker once if such ever decided to go postal........."You're going through a window.".

Maybe such would not, the windows are double pane around here, but I would pick them up and shove them that direction with 100%+ force of will to do that.

A and B. A: Again, part of my training that if things do go down and I am without a gun, then I am to be deadly in hand to hand at point blank range. B: "Come off it! Who do you think you are, Buffy? You think you can take out anyone with a flurry of punches?". Look at it from this side of the coin of while they are engage with me, others can have a few seconds to get out.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 09-04-2019 at 03:52 AM..

Old 09-04-2019, 04:34 AM

19,687 posts, read 10,012,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I don't know if you guys actually read the announcement BUT Walmart is only prohibiting OPEN carry. In Kansas that will require they have a specific sign which prohibits OPEN carry but it does NOT prevent a person from lawfully carrying CONCEALED unless Walmart put up a general no firearms sign because in my State, Kansas, we have constitutional carry.

Personally, I think it's a stupid corporate policy but those stores are their property and therefore they can do what they want.

Just last week I got into an argument, not a debate, an actual argument with my niece who worked for Walmart for 8 years about firearms in Walmart. She tried to tell me that all firearms are prohibited in our local Walmart and that it has been that way the entire time she worked there. I argued she was wrong because there aren't any signs on the doors prohibiting firearms to which she countered they are there and that I just didn't look hard enough. I went by that store over the weekend, carefully driving by each door and there are no signs anywhere prohibiting carrying firearms of any kind.

Kansas had a very specific sign for prohibiting open carry while still allowing concealed carry. I will keep a close eye out for whatever kind of signs they post, if they post them at all. BTW, in Kansas, the only way a business can prohibit carrying a firearm is if they post a sign at each and every publicly accessible door at eye level. The signs are required to meet State standards, so again, I'll just wait and see.
Exactly the same in Missouri.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:56 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,141,760 times
All Wally has done is make a softer target for the nut jobs......the ammo is irrelevant.....thanks to Obama most in the gun world stocked up years ago....

Old 09-04-2019, 06:04 AM

58,632 posts, read 26,945,161 times
"and now requests patrons no longer carry guns in store"
So, if I go into a Walmart and am attacked by someone with a gun and am shot and injured, can I sue Walmart for NOT allowing me to properly defend myself an hold them reponsible?

Old 09-04-2019, 06:10 AM

58,632 posts, read 26,945,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheFox View Post
Good start. Hope they build on it and stop selling all guns and ammo. And I hope other stores follow suit. No one NEEDS a gun to go grocery shopping unless of course they're a coward.

I can now start shopping at Walmart again!
"No one NEEDS a gun to go grocery shopping unless of course they're a coward." What ever you say! If some would do just a little research BEFORE posting, they wouldn't make such big fools of themselves! Do you like your crow fried or baked?

You DO know Walmart sells MORE then just groceries? Guess not.

And WE are called the UN-educated!

"Pensacola 'active shooter': Deputy shoots suspect in Grocery ...

https://www.usatoday.com › story › news › nation › 2019/08/15 › pensacola...

Aug 15, 2019 - PENSACOLA, Fla. – A sheriff's deputy in Florida shot a man Thursday afternoon after the suspect allegedly opened fire inside a grocery store.

Man shot outside of Raleigh grocery store :: WRAL.com

https://www.wral.com › man-shot-outside-of-raleigh-grocery-store

Mar 17, 2019 - A man was shot Sunday night outside of a Raleigh grocery store. Authorities said the shooting happened Sunday night at Longview Poole Road Grocery Store at 2405 Poole Road. The victim, who has not been identified, was transported to WakeMed Hospital. There is no word on the severity ...
Kroger grocery store shooting investigated as possible hate crime ...

https://www.cbsnews.com › news › kroger-grocery-store-shooting-investig...

Oct 26, 2018 - A federal prosecutor says the shooting at a Kentucky grocery store that ... pulled a gun from his waist and shot a man in the back of the head, ...

19-Year-Old Shot In Arm Outside Baltimore Giant On July 4th – CBS ...

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com › 2019/07/04 › teen-shot-outside-giant-balti...

Jul 4, 2019 - BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A 19-year-old man is recovering after he was shot following a dispute in a Giant grocery store in north Baltimore ...

Deputy shoots, wounds armed man at Florida grocery store - AP News

https://www.apnews.com › ...

Aug 15, 2019 - PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida deputy shot and wounded a man who was firing a handgun in a grocery store.

Man shoots himself in Bay County grocery store restroom - News ...

https://www.nwfdailynews.com › news › man-shoots-himself-in-bay-count...

Aug 22, 2019 - "There was an individual who went into the bathroom, locked himself inside and shot himself," BCSO Capt. Jason Daffin said.

Man Shot to Death in Los Angeles-Area Grocery Store | California ...

https://www.usnews.com › Civic › Best States › California News

Jun 11, 2019 - SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities are looking for a killer who shot a man to death inside a Stater Bros. grocery store east of Los ...
Man arrested in connection with fatal shooting at Orange County ...

https://www.wftv.com › news › local › man-fatally-shot-at-orange-county-...

Jul 26, 2019 - A man is in custody after deputies said he shot and killed another man ... in connection with fatal shooting at Orange County convenience store.

Shooters at large, 1 injured in Castle Rock grocery store shooting ...

https://gazette.com › news › shooters-at-large-injured-in-castle-rock-grocery-...

Aug 7, 2019 - Three suspects were on the run after a shooting severely injured a man in a King Soopers in Castle Rock about 7 p.m. Tuesday, police said.

Searches related to man shot at grocery store

Old 09-04-2019, 06:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,863,025 times
Good. I'm glad they're getting out of the gun business. I really dont like them anyhow. They're a bully. Because of their size, they bully and squeeze suppliers for cheaper and cheaper prices, they open in small towns and ruin many local business, and historically paid cheap wages with lousy benefits. Many of their goods are very cheaply made. But there are problems for them. Others are starting to beat them on price.Someday they'll join Sears and Kmart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies