Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2019, 11:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That isn't a job I'd ever want, I'm way too blunt and politically incorrect for that sort of job. Vehicle barriers isn't "fencing", it doesn't stop anyone from walking across the border. Either way, Donald Trump is doing what should have been done long before he took office... long before Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush or Reagan took office. You can attack him and hate him for doing his job, he doesn't care.

So, I wasn't wrong, despite your earlier assertion. Got it.

I'm not against more fencing/walls, per se. I'm not much of a fan about how he's going about it - I think it sets a very dangerous precedent going forward.

I'm also not convinced that a wall from "sea to shining sea" is the most effective expenditure of our tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 12:08 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I thought Mexico was paying for it.
They will eventually, until then we will pay for it like we pay for all the other negative affects of illegal immigration on our nation.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, I wasn't wrong, despite your earlier assertion. Got it.

I'm not against more fencing/walls, per se. I'm not much of a fan about how he's going about it - I think it sets a very dangerous precedent going forward.

I'm also not convinced that a wall from "sea to shining sea" is the most effective expenditure of our tax dollars.
Nah, you were clearly wrong but I’ve moved on.

You can choose to be a fan of whatever you want, our President will continue to do what needs to be done to increase our border security and correct the mistakes and shortcomings of past administrations.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:11 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
They will eventually, until then we will pay for it like we pay for all the other negative affects of illegal immigration on our nation.
Oh man I have so many things to sell you! Don't worry about what it costs! Someone else will pay for it... eventually.

How you guys get through the week without being scammed out of your life savings remains a mystery to me.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Oh man I have so many things to sell you! Don't worry about what it costs! Someone else will pay for it... eventually.

How you guys get through the week without being scammed out of your life savings remains a mystery to me.
I am that someone else, I’ve been paying for illegal immigrants all my adult life. I know what it costs, more wall is a bargain.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:25 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
This isn't immigration enforcement, immigration is handled at our border ports of entry just as it has been for decades. You don't sneak across the border in the middle of the night if you want to immigrate to the United States, even a 5 year old knows that fact.
Again, not the duty of the military.

It is not complicated. The military should not be enforcing ANY laws within the US.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again, not the duty of the military.

It is not complicated. The military should not be enforcing ANY laws within the US.
The military is protecting our borders, that’s the primary duty of our military. Nevertheless, it’s happening whether you agree with it or not. 😂

Old 09-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I see an open door for future stealing of DoD funds for other causes ---NATIONAL CLIMATE WARMING CRISIS.....NATIONAL GUN NUT CRISIS......all I have to do is find an issue, call is a crisis, and steal money. Thanks Trump. You've just opened a can worms and didn't even realize it.
You people did it with Obamacare long before Trump, this isn’t new.

Old 09-04-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Call in the Marines! WE'VE GOT OURSELVES A NATIONAL SECURITY RISK ---

https://assets.propublica.org/images...n-maze-3x2.jpg(Link of pic of little six year old illegal immigrant girl)......
Have you adopted her yet or are you full of nothing but empty lies while waiting for someone else to pay for your pet projects?

Old 09-04-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
"You people".....LMAO. You know me well enough to make that comment do you?
I know enough, you aren’t exactly a deep and philosophical poster who uses logic and common sense. Sorry if the truth hurts, you’ll get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies