Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 08:53 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,276,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's not cutting or deferring any troop pay and there isn't a soldier out there who is upset about this.
I didn't say he was cutting or deferring anyone's pay, but I'd bet there are a couple folks at Tyndall (and elsewhere) that aren't super stoked about it.

Where's your data for the claim "there isn't a soldier out there who is upset about this", BTW? Also, I assume by "soldier" what you really mean is "service member", right? The DoD doesn't just fund the Army...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Bookmark it, write it down, print it and keep it in your pocked, I DGAF.

Already done.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:04 AM

14,888 posts, read 9,983,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I didn't say he was cutting or deferring anyone's pay, but I'd bet there are a couple folks at Tyndall (and elsewhere) that aren't super stoked about it.
You mean the guys who just lost a construction contract for a building? Probably. The troops located on that base? Not likely.

Quote:
Where's your data for the claim "there isn't a soldier out there who is upset about this", BTW? Also, I assume by "soldier" what you really mean is "service member", right? The DoD doesn't just fund the Army...
Soldier, service member, brother, Marine, whatever you want to call us. My data is based off of my years serving this country on US soil and overseas, if Trump had diverted millions meant for protection plates for vehicles or anything like that I'd be all over it but he's specifically diverting a few million dollars from a huge list of construction projects around the world so a bathroom might not get rebuilt, a new building might have to wait for a year... nobody will lose any sleep over that. Everyone serving will still get paid, their families won't notice any difference whatsoever and this diversion is a small drop in the bucket compared to the military spending of this nation.

This border security measure is vital to our nation, it's more important than the projects that have had funding diverted. I know you disagree with that but it's not your call.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:05 AM

6,538 posts, read 7,258,554 times
I guess Mexico is not paying for it, eh? Another broken promise from Trump but his followers don't mind him lying to them.

As for the wall being needed or being a waste of money, read this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ds-wall-3.html

Old 09-05-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I guess Mexico is not paying for it, eh? Another broken promise from Trump but his followers don't mind him lying to them.
Since when does Mexico ever voluntarily pay for the problems it creates? Even with just a 50% reduction in illegal trash flooding across our border, this wall will pay for itself in a year or 2. If Mexico gets the hint and stops exporting their problems to our soil they'll pay for the wall 10 fold.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
You mean the guys who just lost a construction contract for a building? Probably. The troops located on that base? Not likely.

Soldier, service member, brother, Marine, whatever you want to call us. My data is based off of my years serving this country on US soil and overseas, if Trump had diverted millions meant for protection plates for vehicles or anything like that I'd be all over it but he's specifically diverting a few million dollars from a huge list of construction projects around the world so a bathroom might not get rebuilt, a new building might have to wait for a year... nobody will lose any sleep over that. Everyone serving will still get paid, their families won't notice any difference whatsoever and this diversion is a small drop in the bucket compared to the military spending of this nation.

This border security measure is vital to our nation, it's more important than the projects that have had funding diverted. I know you disagree with that but it's not your call.

So, if you were living in a Conex on Tyndall because base housing was still unlivable or working in a trailer, instead of an office building, because repairs weren't done, you wouldn't mind a bit?

Not buying it - sell that crap somewhere else. If there is something service members love more than b**ching and complaining, I don't know what it is.

Also, having worked for the last ~3 years on MCB Quantico, you wouldn't want to refer to a Marine as a "soldier". They'll set you straight in a heartbeat, I've seen it with my own eyes.

So, no data to back up your assertion. Got it.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There are two things Trump loves more than anyone:

1. Money, including other peoples money.
2. Himself.
This is just another business opportunity for him. Guess who's company or who's partner will build this useless 3rd or 4th wall. Other people's money (taxes) also pay for all his vacations on his own resorts.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Since when does Mexico ever voluntarily pay for the problems it creates?

Since when does the USA pay for bombing countries for their oil or for "finding weapons of mass destruction" even when they find nothing?

Trump promised Mexico would pay. Mexico didn't pay for it so he threw a tantrum and shut down the government affecting many people who work for the government. That didn't work so now he is getting the pentagon and you to pay for it. Lots of winning right there for a useless 3rd wall.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, if you were living in a Conex on Tyndall because base housing was still unlivable or working in a trailer, instead of an office building, because repairs weren't done, you wouldn't mind a bit?
Nobody is living in a shipping container on a base and I've spend months working on sand in 110 degree heat so working in a trailer on a base would have been a luxury.

Quote:
Not buying it - sell that crap somewhere else. If there is something service members love more than b**ching and complaining, I don't know what it is.

Also, having worked for the last ~3 years on MCB Quantico, you wouldn't want to refer to a Marine as a "soldier". They'll set you straight in a heartbeat, I've seen it with my own eyes.

So, no data to back up your assertion. Got it.
I agree 100%, the only people who complain more than service members are left wingers who blindly hate the President and everything he says, does or even thinks. At the end of the day, no service member, Marine or soldier would rather us do nothing about border security.

I already gave you my data, do I need to repeat myself?

Old 09-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Since when does the USA pay for bombing countries for their oil or for "finding weapons of mass destruction" even when they find nothing?
Since the beginning of time. We've rebuilt more nations than you can count. We're still spending billions on Iraq and Afghanistan and they were both worthless **** holes before we bombed them.

Quote:
Trump promised Mexico would pay. Mexico didn't pay for it so he threw a tantrum and shut down the government affecting many people who work for the government. That didn't work so now he is getting the pentagon and you to pay for it. Lots of winning right there for a useless 3rd wall.
Obama promised my family would get better health coverage and a $2500 savings because of Obamacare, we got neither and now our rates are higher than before he screwed it up. I'll take my chances with the border security that the DHS wants, they know more than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies