Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 02:57 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

I just bought some cool Brexit Party merchandise. I had always wanted a t-shirt but didn't like the white one. Now they have a blue one, much nicer. Also bought a pair of official socks for my UK Brexiteer friend who always complains of wet socks when he hikes in Scotland.

The cost of international shipping was more than the cost of both items, but it's a worthy cause.

Check out all their new stuff and upcoming events in your area.

https://www.thebrexitparty.org/

Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,870,831 times
When you are governed by BJ Cummings (Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings) what do you expect?

Old 09-08-2019, 10:47 PM

Just watched a funny moment when Boris was asked by a presstitute if he'd ask Brussels for another extension.

He replied, "I'd rather be dead in a ditch!"

Old 09-08-2019, 11:19 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Just watched a funny moment when Boris was asked by a presstitute if he'd ask Brussels for another extension.

He replied, "I'd rather be dead in a ditch!"

"Either is acceptable, both would be preferable."

Old 09-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Is it really this easy?

A plan under consideration would see Johnson sending a letter alongside the request to extend Article 50 setting out that the government does not want any delay after Oct. 31, according to the report.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...source=twitter

Meanwhile I got a notice that my official Brexit Party t-shirt has shipped! I'm so excited!

Old 09-09-2019, 01:30 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Is it really this easy?

A plan under consideration would see Johnson sending a letter alongside the request to extend Article 50 setting out that the government does not want any delay after Oct. 31, according to the report.

Meanwhile I got a notice that my official Brexit Party t-shirt has shipped! I'm so excited!
Haha, that would be funny.

"Please extend Article 50, although, I don't really want you to".

Old 09-09-2019, 02:18 PM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Is it really this easy?

What people forget is that the UK,like every other country in the EU,has the power of veto over anything the EU is planning to do.
If it decides to spend the next year disrupting everything the EU is trying to do it is perfectly entitled to do so.
I would urge people to keep their powder dry before celebrating any victories or defeats for Boris - this saga still has many twists and turns to go for many months yet.
Trust me.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:15 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
It looks to me like the statist-globalists and the liberal-elite deep state are almost done doing their job of thwarting the will of the people. Bye bye, you deplorable Brexiteers. BoJo is going down in flames.

Old 09-10-2019, 04:37 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
It looks to me like the statist-globalists and the liberal-elite deep state are almost done doing their job of thwarting the will of the people. Bye bye, you deplorable Brexiteers. BoJo is going down in flames.
Except Johnson's 14 point clear in the polls, has already stated that he will test and take advice on the no-deal laws and according some reports his Government and their legal advisors have found twenty ways around the act. There is also the possibility that a deal is acheived, such as a NI only backstop which would be run from Stormont coupled with an Irish agricultural deal, as all produce is checked at ports and airports anyway.

The Act was poorly conceived as it only applies to one peson in the UK do something, and is not a criminal law that applies to everyone equally, to this extent how far a law can commit an individual to do something in a negotiation is questionable, as are whether the EU would agree an extension if no new proposals were put on the table and it may be impossible for Britain to negotiate any deal without an UK representative European Commisioner as all countries muist be represented and the UK Government have stated they will not be apppointing one.

Everyone abides by laws that apply to us all equally but it becomes very questionable when laws are directed at one person (even if that person is the PM), as compared to laws relating to society in general.

It seems to me that Johnson has plenty of options, that the opposition parties can't just keep runing away from a general election and will need eventually to answer to the British people they serve.

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-10-2019 at 04:57 AM..

Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 PM

Remoaners had better submit or they might find themselves with Nigel as their new Prime Minister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies