Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,530,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
These board of supervisors need to figure out how to clean up the caca, homeless and drugs off their streets.

And remind them of the " OATH " they took

Proponents might want to spend more time thinking about the facts, and less time writing about feelings that won't fix the problem.

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 10:06 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,768,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
This is a good first step. Let's hope other cities and states do the same. We have a serious issue with domestic terrorists and the NRA is the enabler.
I don't own a gun and am not a member of NRA. However, events like this are stirring serious consideration of joining the NRA and buying a gun before it's too late.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:08 AM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1169252405529206785

I became a paid member of the NRA last year for the first time because the left blamed the NRA for a school shooting, which was utterly ridiculous.

Guess I will be renewing my paid NRA membership again this year. The leftists don't understand actions like this one by SF's board only encourage me and others to do so.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:08 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,051,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
No organization has done more to make assault weapons available to every would-be mass shooter in the US. The NRA has stood against nearly every common sense gun law and has cowed Pub legislators and the current Pub president into doing nothing about massacres.

Calling the NRA a "domestic terrorist organization" is a bit over the top.
No mass murderer in our history has used an assault weapon to kill anyone, the only people using true assault weapons to kill people in this country are the police or the federal government.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:10 AM

34,254 posts, read 18,620,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

I became a paid member of the NRA last year because the left blamed the NRA for a school shooting, which was utterly ridiculous.

Guess I will be renewing my paid NRA membership again this year. The leftists don't understand actions like this one by SF's board only encourage me and others to do so.
The Left wants a compliant, passive populace, that is controlled, and dependent. That is the reason they want us totally disarmed.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:12 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,737,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Survival of the fittest? So, how can I protect myself from ARMED criminals? You are taking away my means of self defense, and the police can't protect you. So now, I am no longer the fittest I can be against armed criminal. Now you've put me and my family at more risk.

If you own a car or truck you own a far more dangerous "killing machine" than my gun and you take it out every day to potentially kill people. Yes, accidentally, but it happens A LOT. My guns have NEVER killed anyone, and most likely never will, so you punish the law abiding instead of the criminal. It makes NO SENSE.

Criminals will get and have guns no matter what you do to the law abiding.
Gun control has never worked because all we've ever done is nibbled around the edges. Why would anyone assume that we're going to leave guns in the hands of criminals? Or the mentally deranged?

The ultimate solution will leave guns in fewer hands than worth talking about. Extremely rare exceptions involving investigatory screening at levels likely higher than for current law-enforcement, which would be tightened as well.

Doing what we've always done will get us what we've always gotten. Have you imagined yourself as a Sandy Hook parent?

Honestly, I find it next to impossible to believe ANY intelligent person still today trusting any and every Joe Schmo out there to have a gun. Nearly every day now we're seeing the tragic result of that ancient and obsolete thought process. It must end.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:15 AM

10,034 posts, read 9,520,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

I became a paid member of the NRA last year for the first time because the left blamed the NRA for a school shooting, which was utterly ridiculous.

Exactly, people who think adding more on top of more gun laws will stop mass shootings are being foolish. I do remind them cocaine, heroin, meth... etc are illegal, how’s that working out?

Old 09-04-2019, 10:16 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,428,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The NRA are small potatoes politically. They don't even crack the top 50 of political donors, yet they Media and Democrats say they have a lot of influence. They don't.
Idiotic statement.

R politicians will refuse to back even popular gun reforms solely based on the position taken by the NRA on any given proposal.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:16 AM

34,254 posts, read 18,620,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Gun control has never worked because all we've ever done is nibbled around the edges. Why would anyone assume that we're going to leave guns in the hands of criminals? Or the mentally deranged?

The ultimate solution will leave guns in fewer hands than worth talking about. Extremely rare exceptions involving investigatory screening at levels likely higher than for current law-enforcement, which would be tightened as well.

Doing what we've always done will get us what we've always gotten. Have you imagined yourself as a Sandy Hook parent?

Honestly, I find it next to impossible to believe ANY intelligent person still today trusting any and every Joe Schmo out there to have a gun. Nearly every day now we're seeing the tragic result of that ancient and obsolete thought process. It must end.
I am much more concerned about my kids driving on roads, and other much more likely threats to their well being. If they stay out of the ghettos, and out of the drug trade the likelihood of being shot is not as good as them being hit by lightning, and winning the lottery at the same time! Yet you believe the Media, and Democrats inflating the risk to an unrealistic level because they want is disarmed and controlled.

There is potential tragedy in everything we do. That is life.

Old 09-04-2019, 10:19 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,768,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Maybe because criminals will never give up their guns and it will always be very easy to acquire or even make guns. There are almost 400 million privately held guns in the USA and other hundreds of millions more in the hands of LE and the military.

There will always be guns available for criminals. The only question is whether or not they will be available for law-abiding citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies