Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 04:17 PM

13,601 posts, read 10,012,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Damn right it is, it’s Mr President Trump to you too FYI.
Nah not to me, mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 05:28 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,019,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
daniels fired avenatti long ago. he no longer represents her.
I happened to read Stormy's book. In the book she fawns over Avenatti. He wrote the forward for her. It just might prompt a question or two regarding her judgement.
book review: "Full Disclosure" by adult actress and director 'Stormy Daniels.'

One thing I left out of my review for the sake of brevity was her account of her US Senate run against David Vitter (she is a Louisiana native). IIRC this all happened before she became famous due to Trump. The press would ask her questions, and her answer would always be along the lines of "I'll have to get back to you on that." She eventually dropped from the race.

If House Democrats proceed with this, to me it also raises questions about their judgement.

Old 09-05-2019, 06:02 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,410,427 times
"Bring it on?" How appropriate considering Stormi makes a living to get it on like Donkey Kong!

Old 09-06-2019, 10:39 AM

26,581 posts, read 14,492,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
If House Democrats proceed with this, to me it also raises questions about their judgement.

i do believe this should be investigated ( same as john edwards ) but, as i've already stated in this thread, i think that should have happened long ago. politically i don't see this as a winner for the dems as it seems most voters will see this as a regurgitation of the affair and not a focus on the campaign finance violations.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:34 PM

34,269 posts, read 18,653,587 times
Quote:
i do believe this should be investigated ( same as john edwards ) but, as i've already stated in this thread, i think that should have happened long ago. politically i don't see this as a winner for the dems as it seems most voters will see this as a regurgitation of the affair and not a focus on the campaign finance violations.
No it's not at all the same as John Edwards. John Edwards was a Senator and candidate for President and had a child out of wedlock as his WIFE was dying of cancer. During the campaign! He then covered it up. After he was CAUGHT. He the was forced to confess.

Trump had never held office, was a Private Citizen, did not have a child and there is no conclusive proof he had a relationship with Stormy. Also, even if he did he was a private citizen not a public office holder or candidate.

John Edwards is scum.

Old 09-06-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it's not at all the same as John Edwards. John Edwards was a Senator and candidate for President and had a child out of wedlock as his WIFE was dying of cancer. During the campaign! He then covered it up. After he was CAUGHT. He the was forced to confess.

Trump had never held office, was a Private Citizen, did not have a child and there is no conclusive proof he had a relationship with Stormy. Also, even if he did he was a private citizen not a public office holder or candidate.

John Edwards is scum.

none of that is relevant to the legal aspect of the cases. it all boils down to whether or not the unreported money was directly for the benefit of the campaign.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
.... and there is no conclusive proof he had a relationship with Stormy.

again, from trump's own court filings ( via micheal cohen ): "david dennison" had an affair with stormy daniels and donald j trump is "david dennison".

Old 09-06-2019, 02:02 PM

34,269 posts, read 18,653,587 times
Quote:
none of that is relevant to the legal aspect of the cases. it all boils down to whether or not the unreported money was directly for the benefit of the campaign.
After all this time investigating Trump, and they still haven't found anything. So keep up the allegations. And it does matter as the magnitude of what John Edwards did is way beyond what Trump allegedly did. Many CEO's and public figures pay hush money even if nothing happened to make it go away. I am not saying Trump didn't have sex with her, but even that is still unknown.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
And it does matter as the magnitude of what John Edwards did is way beyond what Trump allegedly did.

again, relating to the issue of illegal unreported campaign contributions, there isn't any difference. you're arguing the magnitude of the affairs which is not important to the legal issue. was money paid for the direct benefit of the campaign and was it reported are the only significant points.

Last edited by wrecking ball; 09-06-2019 at 03:03 PM..

Old 09-06-2019, 02:09 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,546,133 times
Troll alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies