Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US government always put US citizens first?
Yes 145 89.51%
No 17 10.49%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 07:40 AM

35,519 posts, read 20,876,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
As someone who works for a decade in the immigration field for almost s decade, i'll chip in my 2 cents

-amend the 14th amendment
-keep the DACA as it is with no path to citizenship
-erect a border wall in the most highly trafficked area incorporating with modern technology
-no sanctuary state
We do know how harsh uscis can be with immigrants. Like denying citizenship because missed an r in strawberry, I do know about some of the weird shyte that goes on there, mostly by contractors. Facts! In reality some of the policies need to change - not the constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Do you think its right for our government to knowingly sacrifice our economic growth and American jobs for geopolitical purposes in order to redistribute wealth to and promote the economies of foreign nations, like Bill Clinton did with NAFTA and Obama tried to do with the TPP?

Do you think its right for American tax dollars to be spent on illegal aliens including the Dreamers who are foreign nationals and not American? Should we accept the illegals in the caravan even if it results in more crime, a higher tax burden, more overcrowded schools and more lost spots in jobs and colleges for American citizens?
It is the me, myself and I mentality with out economic facts. We lost our jobs because they shipped them overseas, we can’t afford anything because corporate america jacked up the prices and many are at the poverty level because politicians refuse to increase the min wage.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:58 AM

14,158 posts, read 4,532,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We do know how harsh uscis can be with immigrants. Like denying citizenship because missed an r in strawberry, I do know about some of the weird shyte that goes on there, mostly by contractors. Facts! In reality some of the policies need to change - not the constitution.
Exaggerating much?

The majority of my family (mom, dad, uncles, grandparents, aunts) are naturalized citizens. I don't think we ever had a problem with USCIS.

Also, USCIS contractors do not conduct naturalization process. USCIS contractors were mostly immigrants themselves. I know a few of them working in Chet Holyfield federal building in Laguna Niguel

Old 09-07-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Exaggerating much?

The majority of my family (mom, dad, uncles, grandparents, aunts) are naturalized citizens. I don't think we ever had a problem with USCIS.

Also, USCIS contractors do not conduct naturalization process. USCIS contractors are mostly immigrants themselves. I know a few of them working in Chet Holyfield federal building in Laguna Niguel
Come to Florida. That was a denial to someone I knew. Lady cleaned a fed building for -15 years. I printed the questions etc for her to study after her hubby passed for cit. After she did pass, she got sick with cancer / petitioned her son in with all of the drs info. Btw She petition for him for years he was in wait. His visa was denied. She survived, a year later they found her in the apt by the stove. Her son finally came 3 mo later to pick up her ashes. I can only say not all offices are the same - but I’m close enough to hear what goes on in many.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:14 AM

14,158 posts, read 4,532,667 times
Quote:
Come to Florida. That was a denial to someone I knew. Lady cleaned a fed building for -15 years. I printed the questions etc for her to study after her hubby passed for cit. After she did pass, she got sick with cancer / petitioned her son in with all of the drs info. Btw She petition for him for years he was in wait. His visa was denied. She survived, a year later they found her in the apt by the stove. Her son finally came 3 mo later to pick up her ashes. I can only say not all offices are the same - but I’m close enough to hear what goes on in many.
USCIS (Department of Homeland Security) does not issue/approve/deny NIV or IV visa. US Consulate (Department of State) does

USCIS processes your I-130 application and supporting documents to petition a family member, then your application goes to NVC, NVC then processes & sends your petition to the US Consulate to whatever country beneficiary is from. The beneficiary schedules an interview with a consulate officer for visa.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:53 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,096,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
For what?

Thanks for demonstrating that no one has said what you claimed they said.
Ha! Oh... I get it. You want me to find someone who literally says "The Constitution is a perfect document." And they also have to repeat it ad nauseum, since I said they always say it... And if I can't, my entire argument is invalid and Trump is President for life, right? Looks like you put me in a corner and won the internet championship... Have a cookie.

Old 09-07-2019, 10:59 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
My thought - many now have decided who is an American or not from what was accepted before, with mrTs new rules- as children of military overseas not Americans if born while deployed. Or if born during travel. A new birther issue. So as that truth of an American is an American citizen is now become smoky grey - I stand down from agreeing. I’ll remind you / I’m a vet widow so please don’t question my loyalties.
This is just not true at all.

Nobody has questioned your loyalties, not sure why being a vet widow has anything to do with loyalty; not sure why loyalty has anything to do with the subject we are discussing. lol

Old 09-07-2019, 11:07 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Quote:
Thank you for your service. The issue is murky but brought up to naturalized citizens who serve the armed forces or who are in the foreign mission and have children away from the USA who are not both USA born. Ie. Military guy marries abroad - gets pregnant while doing their paperwork for new wifey and deliver before it’s done. Kids not a us cit.via dad. Soo- 3 yr service tours. Now his boy now 18 (citizen), falls in love with a local and marries. Same thing. Grandbaby not automatically a citizen, as was accepted in the past, by the base commander, jag,n what paperwork was filed for convenience to encorporate that child for benefits and citizenship ship etc. for american parents while abroad. So be it dad or son /new rules just chipped part of their rights while serving their country. It’s not just the adopted babies they bring home. God bless em.
My cousin was born in Germany. Both parents were natural born American citizens.
every time my cousin needed to prove his citizenship, his birth certificate alone was insufficient even though it listed both his parents as US citizens. The consular report is what they go by. If he did't have consular report, he'd better contact the Embassy in Germany to get a copy of a document called a Consular Report - American Child born of American Parent or Parents. This proved birthright citizenship and then, he would be considered as a US citizen. Talking about bureaucratic hurdles for no reasons. We are tearing ourselves apart by blaming Trump on every little thing.

Where are these people (that you mentioned) consular report? If they have a consular report, they will be considered as natural born American citizen who meet at least one requirements to run for president. So relax.

Your post is super confusing and misleading. Did the father apply for the son's citizenship? in the past, the child must have a consular report to prove citizenship and birth place. The mom's nationality has never been an issue and under and new policy, the mom's nationality won't be an issue either as long as the dad is a qualified American citizen. His child still needs a consular report to prove citizenship. As for the grand child, if neither of the child was an American citizen, why the grandchild should be, especially when the grandchild was born overseas? Your post makes no sense.

Plus, paperwork takes time, you even mentioned the son is now a citizen. The grandson will be a citizen too, if the father or the mother meets the residence requirement.

The new updated policy left SOME in the military community confused and angry, but you guys really have no reasons to be outraged. Just check out the new updated policy and see what this policy really means.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-07-2019 at 11:19 AM..

Old 09-07-2019, 11:16 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,426,527 times
It shouldn't always put US citizens first. All of the anti-communist conflicts we supported in the 70s and 80s were, by some stretch of logic, good for the US citizen, but terrible for a lot of people who weren't citizens, and a colossal waste of money.

Old 09-07-2019, 11:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,535,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
It's not just about illegals and refugees, liberals regularly put other countries before the US.

Remember during the Ebola crisis in Africa, Obama refused to implement a travel ban to the Ebola nations because helping those Africans was more important than protecting Americans and making sure Ebola didn't make its way here.

Most Democrats support unfair trade agreements like NAFTA that put other countries above the US. Many of these agreements were designed to benefit other countries at our expense and is a major reason why there's hardly any manufacturing left in the US right now. The Rust Belt was basically sacrificed for geopolitical, globalist purposes. The Paris accords was also a globalist deal to benefit other countries at America's expense and I'm glad President Trump backed out of it.
I'd like to add to this.

Liberals will whine about how a student wearing an American flag shirt is a microaggression or not inclusive, but have no problem with Mexicans waving the flag of Mexico, saying they have a right to be proud of their birth country.

Some liberals justify violence against people mocking AOC and her ilk, or those wearing a MAGA hat, or playing the blame game when it comes to white males as being understandable, but will not even tolerate criticism of illegals without accusing the critic of being some sort of monster. It's as though words are more egregious than destructive acts and physical assault, in their minds.

Democratic Senator Dick Durbin said he's working full-time for the rights of illegals living in America. WTF? We don't pay these asshats to work full-time for people who aren't citizens.

Come on, Dems - we moderates have become disenfranchised because of the bigmouth lunatics on the far left. At least be willing to admit that this has been happening LONG before Trump. It's the reason he was elected.

Last edited by MPowering1; 09-07-2019 at 12:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies