Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 10:39 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Those who are gay feed the entity spirit of gayness.. they believe the lie.. Sex is addictive and those that fall into sexual deviancy are ruled by their body . The gay spirit is a spirit of confusion. If it is fed and entertained then it will become to fruition. It is an activity not an identity. Those that wrap themselves around their gayness , it becomes their identity . This is the lie they fed and entertained.
True, a guy who preaches conversion therapy and 20 years later admits he was, in fact, gay the whole time has been VERY confused for a long time.

It's always good when people stop being confused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 04:05 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
He works with NARTH, hardly pro LGBT.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/cultu...als-can-change

Cummings stressed that he favors “gay rights” and “gay marriage,” but he says an individual must decide what to do with his or her orientation, not the APA or homosexual activists. He says people have a right to disagree about “gay rights” and “gay marriage,” but that among the APA leadership “that’s not allowed. You only hear one side of the issue.”

and this was in 2012

Old 09-25-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Honest question from a prior thread. Why does homosexuality get such disparate treatment compared to other sins by so many Christians? Are you aware of the context of those Leviticus quotes referring to abomination as a prohibition of male temple prostitutes and the English translation is disputed? Why don’t Jews condemn homosexuality so fervently despite the fact that they are essentially still living the Old Testament?

jew do condemn homosexuality
jews who don't follow Judaism.

Old 09-25-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In other words, you pretty strongly believe homosexuality is a worse and more severe sin than adultery. This is because God does not view adultery as deviant or as an abomination. However, since God doesn't feel adultery is as serious of a sin as homosexuality, then why does one of the Ten Commandments say "Thou shalt not commit adultery"? It seems both sins are not of an equally severe nature or else that commandment would have said, "Thou shalt not commit adultery and homosexuality".
the iben ezra makes it clear that homosexuality is included in the word niyuf that is in the original hebrew.

Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 AM

21,131 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Why is conversion therapy wrong, but transgender therapy okay? It’s not okay to change who we think we are, but okay to change who we really are?

Not that I really care, but just wondering if someone can explain this to me without accusing me of being something that I am not.

...so that I don’t have to go to transposter conversion therapy.

Old 10-19-2019, 10:49 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why is conversion therapy wrong, but transgender therapy okay? It’s not okay to change who we think we are, but okay to change who we really are?

Not that I really care, but just wondering if someone can explain this to me without accusing me of being something that I am not.

I presume this is our double-standards at work?

Old 10-19-2019, 11:50 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:

Because gay people don’t need any change, mentally or physically, to be who they really are and have always been. Trans people do.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:05 PM

21,131 posts, read 19,707,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Because gay people don’t need any change, mentally or physically, to be who they really are and have always been. Trans people do.
But only because they want to. What if a gay person wants to be heterosexual or vice-versa? Seems to me a person should have the freedom of being whatever sexual orientation they want.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:18 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
But only because they want to. What if a gay person wants to be heterosexual or vice-versa? Seems to me a person should have the freedom of being whatever sexual orientation they want.
Interesting point, some movie producers to some tv-movies about hetero who come out of the closet and will there be a tv-movie showing the other way?

Old 10-19-2019, 12:37 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:

Because gay conversion therapy has been proven to not work and just make them even worse off mental health wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies