Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Read your history. Germans loved Hitler; Italians loved Mussolini; many Russians loved Stalin. I'm just relating my own perceptions of the man. Most of the Leftist propaganda I can dismiss on my own, thank you.
Some Americans did and still do love Obama. Obama can do no wrong. Trump can sneeze wrong and he gets called crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Passing a tax cut for the rich and blowing up the deficit? That's a good thing?
I don't give Trump credit for the tax cut thing. That purely falls on our congress. Always has. Congress are the ones who put a tax cut in there for them to get richer (Corker is a prime example of that).
We already have many Americans who are struggling to make ends meet.
As for the deficit, I would love to see congress one day in the very, very near future actually produce a clean bill with no extra pork barrel in it. When I hear a congressperson complain about the deficit, I want to tell them that they are the ones to blame because they allowed it to happen. This "house" has become out of control. I don't know about anyone else but my personal home we don't run like that.

Quote:
Supporting arms is easy when you have a strong NRA lobby supporting Republican's reelections. Killing of innocent children in schools is what? Collateral damage?
Supporting arms is easy because it's part of rights as Americans. It has nothing to do with the NRA. Our forefathers who wrote the constitution knew what it was like to fight for our freedoms.

Quote:
I'm all in favor of renegotiating trade deals. China needed to be checked a long time ago, however, I don't think Trump is the one capable of doing it. China has just been given permission to move ahead on the Pacific rim without the U.S. being part of the new CPTPP. Ivankakins got her trademarks from China though.
I think he will get them in check. From reading different things, it sounds like it's headed that way. We have had so many countries taking advantage of us for so long through so many deals past Presidents have made. It's past time to focus on us, the United States.

Quote:
Imposing a travel ban? Really? What about the Saudi's? That's where the 911 terrorists came from. Khashoggi? Crickets? No consequences?
From everything I have read on the travel ban, they go off of the most current intel they receive. Even though there was a travel ban under Obama and when Trump came in he added a couple more places to it he becomes a bad man. Pot, meet kettle.

[quote]Securing our borders? Okay I'm laughing now. How about we fine Trump org for hiring illegals and keeping them secret well into his presidency. Just move them from place to place. That'll work right?

This is where this gets funny. Trump is horrible for trying to secure our borders, but it was all good and ok when it was Obama or even Clinton saying the same thing.
I came across this video last night and it's quite interesting. https://www.facebook.com/realmarklut...type=2&theater

Quote:
Free speech and freedom of the press? Well that's a reach. How about free speech for the haters that support Trump and repress those that disagree. Fake news, enemy of the people.
The media has GOT to stop twisting things or putting their personal opinions in on things. If you watch interviews with Trump in the past (prior to him running for president) many of those who kept asking him to run were very cordial, joked around with him, you name it. When he announced he was running, they flipped quicker than a light switch.

Quote:
Trump is turning us away from our allies and falling in love with dictators and thugs. He trying to undermine out Democracy every day. He won't succeed, but he does as much as he can to grab more and more power. Is that fascist?
You know the saying "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"? I think that is what is going on. He's not trying undermine Democracy. I do believe he is trying to just keep tabs on those who are notorious for screwing us over more than others. It's not a power play...it's keeping our countries best interest at heart play. Which is more than some past administrations have done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 09:19 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
How many hecklers did he kill before he became president?
Hired some goons to, at the very least threaten, Stormy Daniels and her family for one. Oh did you forget about that?

Perhaps you missed the part in my post where I describe him as a "wannabe" who would do it if he could get away with it?

Reading comprehension failure?

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 09-06-2019 at 09:36 AM..

Old 09-06-2019, 09:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Please explain this one further. He constantly refers to the press as the enemy of the people, and tells his supporters that everything the mainstream media reports is a lie. He has revoked the press credentials of Jim Acosta and Brian Karem. In June, he threatened a reporter with prison over a photo of a letter from Kim Jong-un. He has a history of suing or threatening to sue people who criticize him for defamation, and then not following through.

How do you make the leap from all that to First Amendment Champ?
He is an outrageous man who admires and props up the thugs around the world and turned his back on our allies. He admires and adores Putin, Kim Jong Un, Duteurte , Bolsanaro, etc. The first three of those are lawless killers. Trump is already lawless and he would like to be able to kill any perceived enemy. If he is not dealt with, he may get that power in the end. Anyone who is still touting their love for Trump at this point has no love for our Constitution, no respect for the rule of law and no desire to live in a Democratic society.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:29 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Anyone who is still touting their love for Trump at this point has no love for our Constitution, no respect for the rule of law and no desire to live in a Democratic society.
You are a shining example for why the word “democracy” is never used in the U.S. Constitution or the Declaration of Independence.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:32 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
1) Passing a tax cut that resulted in all U.S. citizens keeping more of their own money ...
Trump's tax cut isn't you keeping your own money. His tax cut is giving you money funded by a federal subsidy.

When there is a federal budget deficit that means spending exceeds revenue. If you give a tax cut, deficits go up. Those deficits are paid for by selling Treasury bonds at auction. That means the tax cut was financed by public borrowing. You, me and our kids will be paying for that tax cut, and the interest on that debt, for decades to come.

When Richie Rich buys a new yacht with Trump's tax cut, he didn't pay for it with "more of his own money." He paid for it with a tax subsidy. You, me and our kids are paying for that yacht.

Remember when Republicans used to be for balanced budgets but now are big deficit spenders? Now you know why. They have figured out how to give themselves big tax cuts financed by the public at large.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:36 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trump's tax cut isn't you keeping your own money. His tax cut is giving you money funded by a federal subsidy.

When there is a federal budget deficit that means spending exceeds revenue. If you give a tax cut, deficits go up. Those deficits are paid for by selling Treasury bonds at auction. That means the tax cut was financed by public borrowing. You, me and our kids will be paying for that tax cut, and the interest on that debt, for decades to come.

When Richie Rich buys a new yacht with Trump's tax cut, he didn't pay for it with "more of his own money." He paid for it with a tax subsidy. You, me and our kids are paying for that yacht.

Remember when Republicans used to be for balanced budgets but now are big deficit spenders? Now you know why. They have figured out how to give themselves big tax cuts financed by the public at large.
It was a huge tax cut for the super rich and barely a tax cut for anyone else. After that he threw the farmers and other businesses under the bus with the stupid trade war. He has done just about everything he could to tank the economy and then tries to say that Democrats are hoping for a recession to keep him from getting re-elected. The man is a mad beast.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:42 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
It was a huge tax cut for the super rich and barely a tax cut for anyone else.

You got it...the wealthy already have more money and assets than they'll ever need, so we borrowed money from the Treasury to give them even more money than they'll ever need.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:13 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yes, that is the original meaning of the word. But the meanings of words can change with time and experience.

Facism (noun)
  • A political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.
  • A tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control.
No we're not yet there yet. Fortunately. Thank goodness for balance of power.
There's a difference between natural evolution of words, and deliberate distortion of words for advancing a political agenda. For example North Korea calls itself " Democratic People's Republic of Korea." Or such as the redefinition of "racist" to mean effectively "a conservative who is winning an argument." The misuse/redefinition of "fascism" also falls into this category.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:16 PM

4,515 posts, read 2,520,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Please explain this one further. He constantly refers to the press as the enemy of the people, and tells his supporters that everything the mainstream media reports is a lie. He has revoked the press credentials of Jim Acosta and Brian Karem. In June, he threatened a reporter with prison over a photo of a letter from Kim Jong-un. He has a history of suing or threatening to sue people who criticize him for defamation, and then not following through.

How do you make the leap from all that to First Amendment Champ?
And yet, obama was the one wiretapping journalists and their families (Rosen).

Old 09-06-2019, 03:16 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Hired some goons to, at the very least threaten, Stormy Daniels and her family for one. Oh did you forget about that?

Perhaps you missed the part in my post where I describe him as a "wannabe" who would do it if he could get away with it?

Reading comprehension failure?
If you read Stormy's book, there is zero evidence for the purported 'hired goon' incident.
www.city-data.com/forum/55514194-post6.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies