Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 02:05 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,773,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The judges nominated by Trump are some of the most activist judges ever appointed. They are radical activists on the right.
Radical definition (Merriam Webster)
a: very different from the usual or traditional
b: favoring extreme changes in existing views, habits, conditions, or institutions
c: associated with political views, practices, and policies of extreme change

The conservatives are trying to maintain the status quo and even take us back in history a few decades.....seems the opposite of radical......but I know you guys like to make up your own definitions for words.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 02:15 PM

15,671 posts, read 6,379,142 times
That's just a typical number. For comparison, Obama had 329 confirmed, Clinton 372, Bush Jr. 327, and Reagan 402. 160-200 is about what you'd expect for a single term.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,979,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
That's just a typical number. For comparison, Obama had 329 confirmed, Clinton 372, Bush Jr. 327, and Reagan 402. 160-200 is about what you'd expect for a single term.
he’ll have plenty time after 2020 to appoint a lot more.

Old 09-07-2019, 02:41 PM

23,761 posts, read 14,883,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Thank Harry Reid after you learn the history and know facts.
Nuclear option?

Old 09-07-2019, 03:08 PM

11,911 posts, read 6,492,091 times
Did any of these judges go on the ninth circuit?

Old 09-07-2019, 03:13 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,901,762 times
Tbh I don’t think most voters are smart enough when it comes to understanding the government and how it all works to vote for someone mostly because they’ll appoint many federal judges.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:23 PM

25,371 posts, read 17,034,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
he’ll have plenty time after 2020 to appoint a lot more.
I hope so.
In another thread, we are debating the provisions of The Second Amendment. Having conservative judges and a conservative Supreme Court is important to me, although I find myself on the far left side of the debate.
Trump is doing far, far more good than harm, even though I disagree with him in some areas.

Old 09-07-2019, 03:46 PM

16,294 posts, read 8,391,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Trump hasn’t had to deal with any obstruction for judicial appointments.

Just the opposite.

McConnell has torn up senate precedent (I.e. the blue slip rule, simple majority for SCOTUS,etc) to make it easier than ever for this POTUS to make judicial nominations.

In fact this is the bargain the GOP has currently made. They are willing to tolerate an out of control unqualified maniac in the WH as long as he rubber stamps whatever judges the conservative think tanks tell him to put up.
I cannot believe you had the unmitigated gall to type such an obviously false comment. What happened to Kavanaugh was an unprecedented freak show, culminating with false allegations no innocent person would ever want publicly leveled at them.
Maybe a child molester/murder would have been worse, but nothing else I can think of.

Many thought the Democrats could never go lower than what they did to Judge Robert Bork, hence the "term Bork" has become a transitive verb to mean obstruct through systematic defamation or vilification.
Like his judicial philosophy or not, he was one of the most qualified judges ever nominated for the scotus.
Democrats decided they were going to do anything to stop him, and made up the most absurd and defamatory false accusations against him. With a large number in the senate and the complicit media behind them, they managed to ruin the poor guy.

Yet they have indeed topped themselves with what they attempted to do with Kavanaugh. That went well beyond anything remotely close to obstruction. It was full blown character assassination that no person would want to be accused of.

`

Old 09-07-2019, 03:49 PM

23,761 posts, read 14,883,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Tbh I don’t think most voters are smart enough when it comes to understanding the government and how it all works to vote for someone mostly because they’ll appoint many federal judges.
The conservative evangelical community did just that. They will hold their noses and do it again in order to make abortion against the law. Then they will go after equal rights for the LGT community.

Old 09-07-2019, 04:01 PM

13,389 posts, read 6,386,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I cannot believe you had the unmitigated gall to type such an obviously false comment. What happened to Kavanaugh was an unprecedented freak show, culminating with false allegations no innocent person would ever want publicly leveled at them.
Maybe a child molester/murder would have been worse, but nothing else I can think of.

Many thought the Democrats could never go lower than what they did to Judge Robert Bork, hence the "term Bork" has become a transitive verb to mean obstruct through systematic defamation or vilification.
Like his judicial philosophy or not, he was one of the most qualified judges ever nominated for the scotus.
Democrats decided they were going to do anything to stop him, and made up the most absurd and defamatory false accusations against him. With a large number in the senate and the complicit media behind them, they managed to ruin the poor guy.

Yet they have indeed topped themselves with what they attempted to do with Kavanaugh. That went well beyond anything remotely close to obstruction. It was full blown character assassination that no person would want to be accused of.

`
They are hoping we forget about Kavanaugh.

No one will forget how the left savaged him and his family.

The stench from that travesty will cling to Democrats for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies