Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,767,504 times

Advertisements

It's obvious to me the decision makers in the democrat party are in a conundrum.

They want Biden to be the nominee because they realize the other candidates are fruitcakes. At the same time, they realize Biden can't win against Trump, especially with all the flubs he is making and the surfacing questions about both his mental and physical health.

I still am of the opinion someone else will step forward at the last minute and it wouldn't surprise me if it was Michelle. That would change everything.

Quote:
Democrats’ verbal targeting of everything from plastic straws to cheeseburgers is stoking fears among anti-Trump forces that they’re unwittingly playing into Republican culture wars
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...re-war-1484034
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 06:05 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
The Democrats message is to ban everything, restrict everything, put government in charge of your choices, and tax you even more to give to Illegal Aliens. They hate freedom, liberty and the fact you have rights. The Constitution is meaningless to them.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:09 AM

814 posts, read 670,588 times
I think Andrew Yang will really get some momentum the next debate. Much more progressive views than the current dems running.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:41 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats message is to ban everything, restrict everything, put government in charge of your choices, and tax you even more to give to Illegal Aliens. They hate freedom, liberty and the fact you have rights. The Constitution is meaningless to them.
. . . straws, lightbulbs, and cheeseburgers?

Elizabeth Warren: ". . . this is exactly what the fossil fuel industry hopes we're all talking about"

https://youtu.be/MdbLtrnLkO8

Old 09-08-2019, 07:01 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
Quote:

I agree and anyone with an ounce of common sense should also realize this BUT the Left has spent years undermining Trump and everything he stands for. Having brain washed the masses into believing the propaganda my fear is that the Dems could nominate a paper bag and as long as the Lefty media presents it as not racist, misogynist, or any other "ist" or "ism" they have labelled Trump with the paper bag would win in a landslide.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:03 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
It's obvious to me the decision makers in the democrat party are in a conundrum.

Quote:
Democrats’ verbal targeting of everything from plastic straws to cheeseburgers is stoking fears among anti-Trump forces that they’re unwittingly playing into Republican culture wars
They want Biden to be the nominee because they realize the other candidates are fruitcakes. At the same time, they realize Biden can't win against Trump, especially with all the flubs he is making and the surfacing questions about both his mental and physical health.

I still am of the opinion someone else will step forward at the last minute and it wouldn't surprise me if it was Michelle. That would change everything.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...re-war-1484034
‘republican cultural wars’ is what they’re now calling any resistance to leftist cultural marxism.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:09 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
A better headline for Politico...

“If we want to win elections, we better keep our dumbass ideas quiet”

Old 09-08-2019, 07:15 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Interesting take. I'm currently deciding between Biden and Warren as the major Dem candidate with the worst chance against President Trump (I live in an open primary state and will be voting in the Dem Primary but voting for President Trump in the general). I used to think that Warren would stand the worst chance against President Trump. But now as I've been seeing this fool Biden behave on the campaign trail, I'm not so sure.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:19 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Interesting take. I'm currently deciding between Biden and Warren as the major Dem candidate with the worst chance against President Trump (I live in an open primary state and will be voting in the Dem Primary but voting for President Trump in the general). I used to think that Warren would stand the worst chance against President Trump. But now as I've been seeing this fool Biden behave on the campaign trail, I'm not so sure.
If Biden could get his act together, he'd have the best chance to defeat Trump. Warren has a lot of similarities to Hillary and is totally unlikeable. Plus, her ideas are downright whacky.

However, I just don't see Biden's ability to counteract his age, frailness, mental instability and failing health in general. Plus he's an "Old White Guy" which doesn't fly in today's Democrat Party, although they'd run Hitler if he could beat Trump.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:55 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
If Biden could get his act together, he'd have the best chance to defeat Trump. Warren has a lot of similarities to Hillary and is totally unlikeable. Plus, her ideas are downright whacky.

However, I just don't see Biden's ability to counteract his age, frailness, mental instability and failing health in general. Plus he's an "Old White Guy" which doesn't fly in today's Democrat Party, although they'd run Hitler if he could beat Trump.
That was my initial fear of Warren. And I think that's how it could very well turn out in a Trump-Warren match up. But I've also been concerned about her support among leftists. She'll get the Hillary voters, but her strength among far left makes it likely that she'll also get the Stein voters and the Bernie voters who sat out last time. Now, her far leftism may make her unpalatable to moderates who are fed up with President Trump and looking for an alternative. But I'm not sure. Its definitely something I'm going back and forth on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies