Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: All Things Being Equal - Would You Ever Vote For...
A Non-Male Candidate 56 80.00%
A Non-Caucasian Candidate 51 72.86%
A Non-Christian Candidate 49 70.00%
No Way 12 17.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 05:38 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
HUH?
Truly, what planet do you live on??
Please name one republican woman politician who exemplifies this
This was Hillary’s smear campaign and talking point hoax and fake news regarding Republican women, and you fell for it.......
Name even one.....
Michele Bachman was big on submission, although not currently in office. There is not one female republican politician who is even close to running for president. But I do think Nikki Haley seems to have a good head on her shoulders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2019, 05:39 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,592,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
"moderate republicans" dont exist until they have left office.

Thats when they see the light on marijuana, gay rights, and women's choice.
I think eventually we'll see moderate Republicans. There are young Republicans coming up, and I think some of the women who are Republican for major issues don't feel they're represented when it comes to other issues.

Never say never!

Old 09-07-2019, 06:15 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,014,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No woman or minority would ever win the GOP primary. They love their old white men.
While currently 2 out of the 3 Democratic front runners can be defined as elderly males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Black female lesbian republican president.

Heads would explode..
You forgot atheist. That would actually be the biggest deal breaker of the four.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:20 PM

52,678 posts, read 47,928,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRoadkill View Post
If Trump were not running for a second term, would his supporters and other republicans vote for a female or racial minority candidate?

Will the republican party ever elect a female or black president?

For all of Obama's two terms, republicans firmly disagreed that they were racist. But again there has never been a non-white male republican candidate in the final race.
Why are we even entertaining the idea that President Trump is not running for a second term? He already is, so you'd best focus any hypotheticals on 2024. And I like Nikki Haley as much as anyone, so when the right time comes, she'll be a very good candidate for the White House if she truly wants it.

And what's the real point of your poll? I'm voting conservative regardless of whether the candidate du jour is male, female, black, green, purple, what have you. It's more about message than makeup.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:49 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
The possibility of a female prez is only maybe in the last 40 years or so, so about 10 election cycles. 10 is too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions about trends.

A lot of people wanted Condi Rice to run in 2008. I believe she could have won, but she didn't want it. Unless Trump loses in 2020, there is probably no chance for a while, since Pence would then be the likely nominee in 2024.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:58 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Based on what? The Dem's false assertion that Republicans are sexist? Why can't Dems grasp that HRC was a spectacularly crappy candidate and her loss had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman? Every other word that comes out of many Dem's mouths is an appalling display of misandry, yet they have the audacity to accuse Republicans of being sexist.

The modern Democratic part is afflicted with the worst case of projection I've ever witnessed. They're openly (dare I say, proudly) racist, sexist, and intolerant, yet try to assign those characteristics to everyone else. It's been said before, but is worth repeating: The Democrats lost a Presidential election to Donald Trump. I would have bet everything I own that such a feat wasn't possible. Yet, they've learned nothing, and are doubling-down on their hysteria-based, fear/hate mongering politics.
And hopefully, the 20 to 33 percent of the electorate who still swallow their swill are in for another hard lesson come November of 2020.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:00 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,454,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Yeah, I could vote for Nikki Haley or Martha McSally. It seems unlikely they'd ever get the party nod though.
Martha McSally has bigger problems. She will be fortunate to win her next Senate election in 2020. Her performance against Kyrsten Sinema in 2018 was an embarassment.

Old 09-07-2019, 08:59 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,140 times
A candidates sex and race, is far from the most important aspect.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:02 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'd vote for a qualified female and/or non-caucasian/non christian candidate in a NY minute. There's no case to be made that the overwhelmingly christian white males have done such a wonderful job.
Agreed the white self proclaimed Christians have took there shot and failed.

Old 09-07-2019, 09:05 PM

5,642 posts, read 6,204,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here she is now. Nikki Haley. Former Ambassador to the UN and former Governor of South Carolina.
I would love to see Haley run. I like her a lot and expect she'd get my vote. Can't be 100% sur not knowing who she'd be running against, but I would love to have her as a choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies