Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 04:38 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,087,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you assault a teacher, you should be in prison. But there are kids who don't want to be in school, who haven't assaulted teachers. Where do those kids go, if they haven't committed any violent crimes?
There *was* that scene from the movie Fargo which might provide an answer....

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I grew up as a white working class guy in the rustbelt. The kind of problems in our community were drug abuse, domestic violence, and the occasional fight in the bar. There was no gang violence of any kind. When our neighborhood became gradually more and more Black (this is Detroit in the 70s, 80s), that was no longer true. Almost all of us ended up leaving. It became unlivable.
Well, I grew up in the Atlanta area during the mid 1990s into the early 2000s. I never lived in areas that were gang-infested. Whether they were areas with large Black populations or places that were 85-90 percent White. I notice something else. Alot of Black middle class people from Michigan moved to the Atlanta area during the 1990s and onward. You might want to ask yourself why the Black middle class seem to be fleeing Michigan but the underclass is more likely to stay. Maybe instead of bitterly holding on to hatred and anger, you should do some critical thinking.

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Part and parcel.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
There *was* that scene from the movie Fargo which might provide an answer....
I've only watched bits and pieces of Fargo, but never the whole movie. Don't tell me the ending, but can you provide me with what the scene was?

Old 09-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
This is the world we live in. Not a single person tries to assist the teacher, and every student has their smart phone out and video is rolling with full commentary like "damn, sh*t, she gettin' her ass kicked". Why would anyone want to teach in the ghetto? Let their decline continue. Just get decent people out of the danger zone.
One problem. Many decent people who want out don't have the money to get out. Many are stuck in that environment until they can obtain the resources to leave.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:48 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Well, I grew up in the Atlanta area during the mid 1990s into the early 2000s. I never lived in areas that were gang-infested. Whether they were areas with large Black populations or places that were 85-90 percent White. I notice something else. Alot of Black middle class people from Michigan moved to the Atlanta area during the 1990s and onward. You might want to ask yourself why the Black middle class seem to be fleeing Michigan but the underclass is more likely to stay. Maybe instead of bitterly holding on to hatred and anger, you should do some critical thinking.
A lot of Black people moved from Detroit back to where they're from (Georgia, Miss, Alabama) since life stopped being all that good up in Detroit. When you guys were moving up to Detroit, it was prosperous and had jobs for everyone. A person straight out of HS could make 6 figures back in the 80s just doing a little bit of OT. Now that's gone, and Detroit is no longer what it was for anyone - your people or mine. So a lot of us left the state altogether, I live in Florida now but I played around with California for a while.

And I have nothing against Black people. You confuse me telling you like a man what I feel as "bitter, hateful, and angry." If some fat woman tries on a dress too small for her body, I'll look her into the eyes and say honey, take that off, you're fat.

No issues with me regarding your people. But don't expect me to tiptoe around anything. I just say what I lived.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:50 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
This doesn't sound stupid to me. You put a bunch of chaos into a dense area, it gets bad. Not to excuse those girls for what they did, but I think about this. Those girls likely come from environments where violence IS the answer to every problem. The fact that those girls saw it fit to assault a teacher is the tip of the iceberg. I bet that those girls do alot more fighting outside of the classroom. I am willing to be that they'll even fight with males. The environment that is the ghetto breeds and encourages violence. There is a reason Mississippi, as poor as it is, has a much lower Black homicide rate vs Wisconsin, which has one of the highest Black homicide rates in the country (as well as one of the poorest Black populations in the USA). Alot of rural Blacks in Mississippi vs 7 out of 10 Black Wisconsinites living in the city of Milwaukee (and over the worst parts of Milwaukee).
A lot of it is due to parenting as well. I've had several friends who were similar in temperament to the girls in the video, and saw how their parents interacted with them. Mostly they were raised by single mothers who seemed very quick to resort to violence towards their kids.

For example, when I rolled my eyes at my parents, they just called me rude and then ignored me. When some of my friends did the same or less to their parents, their mothers got really LOUD and in their face and would start pulling their hair or taking a swing at them.

When parents are that disproportionately reactive with violence, the kids learn to operate the same way.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:51 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
I lived around rednecks. I've actually been assaulted by some rednecks myself. I've seen violence come from rednecks. I speak from personal experience.

And the violence isn't just in Black communities. Look at this video of some MS13 gang member, a Hispanic gang. I wouldn't want to cross paths with such gang members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YKBemlB1js

You're talking about a gang, though. That's a little different. There are gangs in a lot of neighborhoods - we're not talking about that element.

When it comes to those living in poverty, you don't see white trash or Hispanics or anyone else going at people the way poor urban blacks do. There's no knockout game, no going into stores and destroying them, no roving in gangs and beating people up, no stories coming out of those areas where teachers constantly feel threatened. I think in the sub-culture we're discussing, some of this comes from men who impregnate women and have nothing to do with them afterward, from teaching kids they are to be respected, teaching kids they don't have to respect or obey authority, etc. These are parents who don't know how to behave themselves, so I'm surprised you say you never see black women acting this way. Are you kidding? I hope you don't need those videos posted.

When you behave badly as an adult and you have kids, they quickly learn how to behave badly.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:53 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Rotten things. How absolutely disgusting that a teacher should be subjected to this kind of crapulence. It happens more often than you think.

We had a local incident a few years ago, in which a teacher reprimanded a student, the student texted her mother--and about a half hour later a posse of the girl's female relatives appeared on the scene (so much for security--or maybe they didn't want to "offend" anyone), and pummeled the teacher, who required not only treatment, but hospitalization.

Sadly, there will be few, if any, consequences for this latest attack. And they certainly won't get the punishment they deserve...DOE/DOJ requirements, and all that rot.

It must be the pits to be dedicated to educating kids while having to deal with challenges they bring to the classroom, constant undermining, and lack of support from parents. And if you think administration has their backs, think again.

Who could blame them if they thought, To hell with this! But being dedicated professionals, they carry on. Provided they can make it back into the classroom after an attack...

They deserve hazard pay, for sure.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:56 PM

9,419 posts, read 11,166,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
So if you see a murder you're just as guilty

Ok
That's correct. An accessory to murder, or a getaway driver, is charged just as the killer is charged. That's the way it is.

As for these cowardly punks, they should be horsewhipped and then charged with assault with deadly intent, conspiracy, assault with a deadly weapon, hate crimes up the wazoo, racism, and any other random charge that would or might stick if this happened to be two whites on a black teacher, and of course that would be on the news for a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies