Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 05:29 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
In case you haven't noticed, she laughs at EVERY thing she says.
Yep. It's annoying. Might be nerves, but someone should have pointed it out to her by now and had her work on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 08:32 AM

52,283 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I'm not a Harris fan since she's basically another political "empty suit" or "empty pants suit." Take your pick since I want to be inclusive here. After seeing what's out there within the Democrat line up, I'll most likely vote for Trump... Was kind of looking at Biden, but he has see better days and definitely not on top of his game anymore... It's pretty sad to see him trying so hard to keep it together, but in the end, still falling apart.

Anyway, I think it's not a big deal when politicians kind of get "ambushed" by supporters that are not too politically correct with their public questions. She had was probably thinking to herself "WTF" and she does have that nervous laugh, which doesn't help at all... Something she needs to get control of. Again, I have no problem with giving her a pass on this one since Trump often says some pretty "mentally challenged" things from time to time.

I wouldn't rule Harris out yet since she has several Big Guns that will most likey come out and support her over the others. These are the Obama's and Oprah... And several other Hollywood types that are connected with the Obamas and Oprah. If you ask me, it will either be Warren, who IMHO, is really leading the pack or Harris, who is still in the fight... Bernie is also done since he's coming off as that bitter old dude down the block that nobody really wants to deal with since he seems to always be P/O over whatever... Plus, if anybody is in the pockets of the Russians, it's Bernie... Who in their right mind would have spent their honeymoon in the old Soviet Union and go to numerous Soviet government sponsored political meetings/events during the Cold War?

The only reason why I'm going with Trump is that the Democrats are now way to far Left and offering way too many "free" things for votes... Knowing that they can't deliver and also knowing that most Americans are too stupid to figure this out for themselves, but are willing to follow the lie to the end. And if they do try to deliver, it means a major tax increase on the working middle class to fund all these freebies since a good number of millionaires and billionaires will renounce the US citizenship and move to countries will a lesser tax burden... Yes, the rich can do that with ease and the middle class can't... So!! Guess who's going to get screwed in this deal?

I'm still open if the Democrats should have a true moderate that jumps in at the last minute, but I'm not holding my breath on that happening.
I could have literally written this post.

I completely agree. Especially the Biden part, I had hopes for him, but he's done, he just doesn't know it yet.

Old 12-05-2020, 06:57 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So basically Harris held a Trump style rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Trump made fun of a disabled reporter and yall laugh. You should be ok with this.
So I get this is a way old thread, but it is the first time I am seeing it. Why IS this the first time I am seeing this? I don't ever recall this being mentioned or Harris questioned on it. I hear about the single time that that Trump mocked the reporter with a disability over and over and hear it presented as proof that Trump hates the disabled.

If something is wrong, it is wrong. It was wrong for Trump to mock the reporter and it was wrong for Harris to laugh at this and not call out the questioner. The above two posts should have called Harris not, not excused the conduct.

Old 12-05-2020, 08:40 AM

23,626 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Did you get this upset when Trump mimicked the disabled reporter—and then denied he did it???
Mimick: to imitate or copy

That reporter is shown speaking in the following video, please give the time stamp of when that reporter flails both arms and lifts both of his hands up next to his head. Also, please show that reporter speaking in the same manner. Trump had used similar motions and verbal speak when talking about others, like Cruz. And, fwiw, Trump even did similar when talking about going on vacation. So, also show Cruz and the others doing the same on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEODcXcP3Zw

Quote:
Harris apologized and said she didn’t really hear all of the man’s comments—
He did have heavy accent—I don’t know what she could or couldn’t hear specifically

But please don’t act like Trump is any example of how to behave in public
Sure she didn't hear it

Old 12-05-2020, 08:50 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Trump made fun of a disabled reporter and yall laugh. You should be ok with this.
That lie is proven false. This is the truth posted by a group of Nuns.

https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-...rs-disability/

Old 12-05-2020, 08:58 AM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So I get this is a way old thread, but it is the first time I am seeing it. Why IS this the first time I am seeing this? I don't ever recall this being mentioned or Harris questioned on it. I hear about the single time that that Trump mocked the reporter with a disability over and over and hear it presented as proof that Trump hates the disabled.

If something is wrong, it is wrong. It was wrong for Trump to mock the reporter and it was wrong for Harris to laugh at this and not call out the questioner. The above two posts should have called Harris not, not excused the conduct.
It’s just another example of the power the DNC media machine has to control the narrative.

It’s how we saw Brett K almost destroyed over frivolous allegations, but the exact same scenario for Biden was never talked about.

It’s how a potus nominee couldn’t get a single delegate in NH but ended up being the nominee, with some help from the DNC of course.

It’s how a potus nominee who had almost no support during the primaries becomes an excellent choice as VP.

The list goes on and on

Old 12-05-2020, 09:09 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Mimick: to imitate or copy

That reporter is shown speaking in the following video, please give the time stamp of when that reporter flails both arms and lifts both of his hands up next to his head. Also, please show that reporter speaking in the same manner. Trump had used similar motions and verbal speak when talking about others, like Cruz. And, fwiw, Trump even did similar when talking about going on vacation. So, also show Cruz and the others doing the same on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEODcXcP3Zw

Sure she didn't hear it
You can tell us we aren't seeing what we're seeing, and that only works for some people.

The rest of us believe our eyes when we see someone mocking another person.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:11 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

It should be noted that the term "mentally retarded" was created as a very PC term for those working within the education/mental health system who wanted to eliminate the terms previously used, which were idiot, moron and imbecile to denote people with varying low IQ levels.

And then, in the 90's, in the "person first" movement, "mentally retarded adult" was now called "adult with mental retardation".

Just thought I'd do an education moment.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:24 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
What the hell are you babbling about? What is the name of the disabled reporter? huh? Why do you allow yourself To be ignorantly roped into bs liberal media crap? Because they bank on low iq liberals to spread lies. Try thinking for yourself

Old 12-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
What the hell are you babbling about? What is the name of the disabled reporter? huh? Why do you allow yourself To be ignorantly roped into bs liberal media crap? Because they bank on low iq liberals to spread lies. Try thinking for yourself
His name is Serge F. Kovaleski.

When I first heard on talk radio that Trump had mocked a disabled reporter, I thought oh come on, give me a break, no he didn't.

And then when I got home I saw it on the news. What I absolutely could not BELIEVE to be true before I actually saw it, clenched my idea that Trump is not fit to serve as president and thank god and greyhound he's gone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serge_...m%20and%20hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies