Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 05:10 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

well i’ll be danged, who could have seen that one coming?

baby-voice blasey-ford had ulterior motives?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...458217%3famp=1

Quote:
Video emerged showing Christine Blasey Ford's attorney telling a feminist conference that her client's testimony against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh was a politically motivated move to protect Roe v. Wade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2019, 07:06 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
What a circus sideshow that entire hearing was.

I think most people kept an open mind because it seemed very possible that drunken teens could push girls into uncomfortable situations but they lost me when they started going on about the "rape parties" that no one seemed to remember.

The Dems almost succeeded with blocking Kavanaugh with a mere accusation of a situation that had no physical evidence, no witnesses, and no collaborating evidence but for hearsay and a thin line where you either believed her on faith alone or you didn't on facts.

The whole deal showed us all how low the Dems are willing to stoop to influence us all and how far out Melissa Melano is.

Old 09-09-2019, 07:31 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
How can anyone call themselves a democrat today. The party is a total sham.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:14 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a circus sideshow that entire hearing was.

I think most people kept an open mind because it seemed very possible that drunken teens could push girls into uncomfortable situations but they lost me when they started going on about the "rape parties" that no one seemed to remember.

The Dems almost succeeded with blocking Kavanaugh with a mere accusation of a situation that had no physical evidence, no witnesses, and no collaborating evidence but for hearsay and a thin line where you either believed her on faith alone or you didn't on facts.

The whole deal showed us all how low the Dems are willing to stoop to influence us all and how far out Melissa Melano is.
now we have her own lawyer's explanation for why she suddenly decided to pop out of the woodwork after 35+ years

Old 09-09-2019, 08:34 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
How can anyone call themselves a democrat today. The party is a total sham.

It does feel like that doesn't it. It seems that all they can do is pound away at Trump while whipping their faithful into a frenzy of hatred and anger towards anyone that doesn't see eye to eye with their far Left ideologies while their media carries the propaganda to the easily manipulated masses.

They hate Trump and if you dare to like them then you are a racist and a sexist.

It is all they have to run on in 2020 because open borders and free healthcare for illegals is not going to get them elected.

It is such a shame how they used Blasey Ford and then cast her aside when they were through with her.

I feel bad for the woman. She clearly has mental issues and being a pawn of the Left hasn't helped her delicate psyche.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:46 AM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The rape parties are plausible but completely unproven. The Blasey-Ford thing was just straight-up lying.

Old 09-09-2019, 08:49 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
The people who did the most grilling are now Dem presidential candidates, what a farce? Remember Harris and Booker.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:02 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
well i’ll be danged, who could have seen that one coming?

baby-voice blasey-ford had ulterior motives?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...458217%3famp=1
Hoist by her own petard.

No surprise here. I simply knew this radical lawyer, that Kalifornia Kongress Kritter Eshoo (for Blasey-Ford's district), and even Pelosi were completely full of sh*t regarding Blasey-Ford's "unbiased and simple concerns" about "the truth".

Old 09-09-2019, 09:09 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
In fairness, the attorney may be describing Roe as the final motivator for her to come forward. Context would be huge.

So, I'm not convinced that this is an admission, most lawyers are too smooth for that.

That being said, everyone that is not from the far left knows it was exactly that a flimsy claim to try to derail a SC nomination and we all know that those things are just bare-knuckle politics anymore.

So, yeah it was a political witch hunt but no, I think that it's most likely an out of context statement and not truly an admission to what most of us already obviously know.

Old 09-09-2019, 09:40 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I am well-aware that most women don't come forward about their claims of being abused or sexually assaulted or raped because of the fear of not being and/or the accused retaliating back. I also am aware that it could a very long time until they come forward. However, I do wonder why Dr. Ford waiting 35+ years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies