Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 07:13 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Yes, we were a British colony over two hundred years ago and we fought the British twice to keep our independence from them and their crown.

The last time I checked, we, the United States, don't have a picture/image of the Queen on any of our currency... Like you guys up north do or any official portraits of her in any of our government offices.

I'm pretty sure Canada will do the minimum to help out a fellow British Common Wealth member country in need. Plus, Canada is a rather large country that's very sparsely populated. So!! You guys up north have plenty of room to in your country to let in all these poor and in need fellow British Common Wealth members into YOUR country.

I'm pretty sure Trump would be happy to assist in the transportation of all these needy people to Canadian shores.

Also!! I'm sure the queen, your queen, would be very proud that Canada finally took the lead instead of waiting for the United Kingdom or the United States to set the standard in providing real leadership.

I mean this with all my heart. The Canadian people are fine and proud people, but as an American, it gets old hearing from citizens of other countries talk about how racist and evil America is when it's the United States, who most often, is the very first country in to provide humanitarian help to any country... Heck, we still have a U.S. Military Hospital Ship off of the shores of Venezuela to provide their people free and often life saving medical services. Heck, several years ago when Iran was hit with a massive earthquake, we, the United States, sent them hundreds, if not thousands of tons of food and tents to help the Iranian people who were in need of humanitarian assistance.

Is AMERICA perfect? No. But would the world rather have the Russians, Chinese or even the German/French Union leading every single global relief efforts from now on?? I think we all know how that would work out... And not in a good way.

I support President Trump's stance on not allowing citizens of the Bahamas to enter the U.S. since their government is still up and running. Plus, they haves several other island that were not damaged... They should be transported to these island until they can rebuild... With "global" assistance.
Excellent and truthful post. It will probably fall on deaf ears with these America hating types though. I'm with you, let them go to the other islands that weren't damaged until theirs can be rebuilt. Sick of us being the flophouse to the whole world for every weather based problem and every other problem in the world. We have plenty of weather issues here and you don't see our people fleeing to other countries over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 07:33 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'm okay with evacuees from the Bahamas being allowed here temporarily, with the clear understanding that they're not to stay here permanently and are to return to their country as soon as the storm damage is repaired. It's been over a decade since the quake in El Salvador and Guatemala yet the liberals still want those people to stay here.

The Bahamas are not known as a crime-ridden and drug trafficking country and its not known for illegal immigration but there will always be a minority of bad people. Just like a minority of Katrina evacuees from New Orleans is a major cause of our crime issues in Baton Rouge and other parts of Louisiana. We also need to vet the people coming here (easier with Bahamians than Syrians) and those with criminal records shouldn't be allowed entry but those with a clean record should be allowed to stay TEMPORARILY. After all TPS stands for TEMPORARY protected status, not permament.
That’s what the deal was with the Haitians. They are still here.

No.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:36 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Excellent and truthful post. It will probably fall on deaf ears with these America hating types though. I'm with you, let them go to the other islands that weren't damaged until theirs can be rebuilt. Sick of us being the flophouse to the whole world for every weather based problem and every other problem in the world. We have plenty of weather issues here and you don't see our people fleeing to other countries over it.
The very nature of modern day American attitude , people seeking help after their island has been flattened? dont look here for help go somewhere else.

Old 09-12-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The very nature of modern day American attitude , people seeking help after their island has been flattened? dont look here for help go somewhere else.
Hey slick. Me and my plane on my own time and dime spent three days flying stuff into the Bahamas.

What did you do instead of spewing partisan crap?

Old 09-12-2019, 10:18 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hey slick. Me and my plane on my own time and dime spent three days flying stuff into the Bahamas.

As much as I don't agree with almost any of T-310's perspective, everyone needs to commend him for his efforts. He was close and able to and stepped up to the post. He has some rights to make comments to those that have not.

T-310, do you have any pictures you could post? It might be informative to us. Did you fly into Abacos or one of the other islands?

Old 09-12-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
As much as I don't agree with almost any of T-310's perspective, everyone needs to commend him for his efforts. He was close and able to and stepped up to the post. He has some rights to make comments to those that have not.

T-310, do you have any pictures you could post? It might be informative to us. Did you fly into Abacos or one of the other islands?
Only pictures I have are planes being loaded. I took none of the damage. Part of me doesn’t like to spread the
Misery around and the potential for someone to profit off that misery.

As a side note, I flew from Montana to FXE and Banyan FBO took one of their hangers and filled it with relief supplies. Everybody helping loaded from there. Even an old Convair that flew Truman around after his presidency participated and that thing gobbles fuel.

I have since returned to Montana.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:37 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Quote:

Damn! Good on ya man. That's awesome!

Old 09-12-2019, 10:43 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:

Good for you but my post wasnt directed at you.

Old 09-12-2019, 10:52 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Americans love visiting, now they can care less about it. Like “oh well”..

Old 09-12-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Damn! Good on ya man. That's awesome!
Interesting to note another system is developing south of Turks Caicos which might be named later this evening.

Possibilities it might rearrange the rubble in Freeport. Sooooo, I might be headed south again by mid next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies