Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 11:14 AM

33,300 posts, read 12,484,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Trump is the least worst. His approval rating....and we know that the approval rating would NEVER be fudged by our GLOBALIST media .....is still far above that of the other democrat extremist "offerings".

This message is brought to you from a walkaway democrat/independent of past elections.
But why vote for the least worst?

Why not write someone in or vote third party?

You don't live in a swing state. Whoever you vote for, the D nominee will still get the most votes in WA state and will get all of the WA state electoral votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 11:19 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,323,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The president will be re-elected. Easily.

Democrats had gone bonkers and voters would respond by giving Trump four more years.

The recent Manhattan conversation would be insignificant except that it dovetails with national trends, namely a growing belief that Dems are not coming back to this world anytime soon. The election is still a long way off, but there is no sign that the radicalism surging through the party can be put back in the bottle before the election. What we see now is likely what voters will see in 2020.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/13/democr...eferrer=https%

Re-selected by Putin, Yes! Re-elected by US Voters, No!

Old 09-10-2019, 11:44 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,412,768 times
Quote:
Keep dreaming. America LOVES Trump!

Trump 2020!

Sadly he will probably win. And continue to funnel tax payers money into his account to help his failing businesses. He's found a way to legally steal right in front of our faces.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:47 AM

1,991 posts, read 899,202 times
Quote:
That's funny. Of the many, many people I talk to on a daily basis, ALL are voting for Trump. Keep rooting for Hillary to come back, you know, the one that LOST!
Got it. You live in a Red State.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:53 AM

814 posts, read 669,920 times
Quote:
The president will be re-elected. Easily.

Democrats had gone bonkers and voters would respond by giving Trump four more years.

The recent Manhattan conversation would be insignificant except that it dovetails with national trends, namely a growing belief that Dems are not coming back to this world anytime soon. The election is still a long way off, but there is no sign that the radicalism surging through the party can be put back in the bottle before the election. What we see now is likely what voters will see in 2020.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/13/democr...eferrer=https%

This is based on the glass floor economy Chump and the 1%'ers are propping up for all you Trump Thumpers.

Wait until next spring and the temp/seasonal job numbers dissipate, Tariffs show real effect, housing inventory rises and prices decrease, mergers and acquisitions ensue.. Just wait. Hopefully the FED lets all this play out without any QE or rate cuts until after 2020.

The BIG money smoke screen to inflate the low volume stock market can only have so much effect before ALL the other numbers start to add up.

Old 09-10-2019, 01:57 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,032 times
Both sides need to believe they will win. Pessimism loses.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:44 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
each side has its set 40 some percent. Neither side can win with their base. The side that wins the middle will win. Who can win over those middle voters? trump does ok and he has the economy backing him if i holds for another year. People can nay say and cherry pick statistic all they want. the people in the middle, look around and see help wanted signs everywhere. Construction all over the place. Stock market significantly improved. (not looking at yesterday vs the day before, but 2016 vs today).

OTOH, Trump is a scoundrel. yes people are tired of the BS hysteria and misquoting or just making up what he says, but there is some truth in some of it. He is beatable if the democrats have someone who can relate to and appeal to the middle. Right now they have no one. Biden is the closest they have and he is not going to get there.

I hate the fact that I might have to vote for Trump. I do not hate Trump, but I do not particularly like him either. Certainly not going to vote for any of the bozos in the current crop democrats. Nor will I sit back and let them get elected if there is anything I can do to help prevent it (and there is, not a lot, but a little)

Oprah on the other hand. If Oprah runs I think she will handily beat Trump. Don't confuse what i think will happen with what I want to happen. Oprah will be a terrible president, but if she runs, she will win, especially if she runs with her most likely running mate (IMO) - Michelle Obama. I do not care fo rthe idea of Oprah as president, but I do not hate her either. Oprah runs, I probably just will not vote. At that point the whole things has become even more of a circus than it already is.

It is funny thinking back. I do not think the left hates trump as passionately as they hated George W. They hate him more obsessively but not as deeply, at least that is my experience. I remember people on the left talking about bush and getting so mad they turned red, shook and even drooled. I have not seen that with trump. what i have seen is people who will never stop talking about him. Although their hatred is not as deep, it does seem that Trump dominates many peoples entire lives to the point where they cannot talk about anything else (e.g NPR). It is possible Trump will not motivate the left to the extent Bush did, especially if the democrats offer no one particularly interesting.

One thing that is curious to me is the Bernie boys. Most of the young men I know are devoted Bernie Sanders followers. In 2016 when he did not get the nomination, they were so mad they refused to vote, or voted for the green party candidate. What will they do this time when he does not get nominated? There are not enough of them to have a huge impact, but it will be interesting to see what they do. In some states, they could tip the scales. Michigan was crazy close and likely still is. Could make the difference here.

(Well unless Oprah runs. Oprah will win Michigan hands down).

Old 09-10-2019, 02:46 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Sadly he will probably win. And continue to funnel tax payers money into his account to help his failing businesses. He's found a way to legally steal right in front of our faces.
that is funny. The thing that most annoys me about politicians is how they go to Washington, earn an upper middle class salary but in a very expensive city, and then turn into megamillionairs in a few years. If that is not obvious corruption then nothing is.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:55 PM

2,923 posts, read 976,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
each side has its set 40 some percent. Neither side can win with their base. The side that wins the middle will win. Who can win over those middle voters? trump does ok and he has the economy backing him if i holds for another year. People can nay say and cherry pick statistic all they want. the people in the middle, look around and see help wanted signs everywhere. Construction all over the place. Stock market significantly improved. (not looking at yesterday vs the day before, but 2016 vs today).

OTOH, Trump is a scoundrel. yes people are tired of the BS hysteria and misquoting or just making up what he says, but there is some truth in some of it. He is beatable if the democrats have someone who can relate to and appeal to the middle. Right now they have no one. Biden is the closest they have and he is not going to get there.

I hate the fact that I might have to vote for Trump. I do not hate Trump, but I do not particularly like him either. Certainly not going to vote for any of the bozos in the current crop democrats. Nor will I sit back and let them get elected if there is anything I can do to help prevent it (and there is, not a lot, but a little)

Oprah on the other hand. If Oprah runs I think she will handily beat Trump. Don't confuse what i think will happen with what I want to happen. Oprah will be a terrible president, but if she runs, she will win, especially if she runs with her most likely running mate (IMO) - Michelle Obama. I do not care fo rthe idea of Oprah as president, but I do not hate her either. Oprah runs, I probably just will not vote. At that point the whole things has become even more of a circus than it already is.

It is funny thinking back. I do not think the left hates trump as passionately as they hated George W. They hate him more obsessively but not as deeply, at least that is my experience. I remember people on the left talking about bush and getting so mad they turned red, shook and even drooled. I have not seen that with trump. what i have seen is people who will never stop talking about him. Although their hatred is not as deep, it does seem that Trump dominates many peoples entire lives to the point where they cannot talk about anything else (e.g NPR). It is possible Trump will not motivate the left to the extent Bush did, especially if the democrats offer no one particularly interesting.

One thing that is curious to me is the Bernie boys. Most of the young men I know are devoted Bernie Sanders followers. In 2016 when he did not get the nomination, they were so mad they refused to vote, or voted for the green party candidate. What will they do this time when he does not get nominated? There are not enough of them to have a huge impact, but it will be interesting to see what they do. In some states, they could tip the scales. Michigan was crazy close and likely still is. Could make the difference here.

(Well unless Oprah runs. Oprah will win Michigan hands down).
Haha oprah, then weird Al, then maybe the rock can run. or we can just get rid of the federal govt now since it is worthless.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:55 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,026,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
The radicalism and incompetence and megalomania is emanating from your maniac's piehole on a daily basis.

He will be tossed out on his ass by the sane people in this country who want to restore sane government.

Despise Trump. A corrupt man who corrupts everything he touches.

But this is a classic replay of 1972. The Democrats have gone so far left that the country is going to hold its collective nose and vote this miserable excuse back in. Tulsi Gabbard is about the only Democratic I like. Looks as if I'm going to the Libertarians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies